Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What color do you want your 818?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WIS89 View Post
    My personal opinion is that you may be able to get a good idea of some of the colors by looking at the color wheel Sherwin Williams came up with for Factory Five. I don't believe that this decision was made in a vacuum. My hunch is that Dave was looking at the potential final colors for the 818. I could certainly be wrong, as I am wrong more often than I am right. However, this would be my first stop in getting an idea of what future colors might be... My $.02, but worth much less!!

Regards,

Steve
    Steve -- I too am wrong as least as often as I am right -- but I think your assumption on the Sherwin Williams FFR colors is correct. It may be too much to hope that all of those colors will be available for the 818, particularly at launch -- but I'm betting that whatever colors will be available will be taken from that list.

Currently hoping that the blue they did the 818R in will be one of the available colors at launch. I'm leaning toward doing a knock-off of the blue-and-white color scheme they used on it for my 818S. Not very creative, I know -- but I will like that look.

Note to Grandaero -- one of the colors on the Sherwin Williams FFR choices appears to be a very dark green -- could be BRG.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvertop View Post
    FFR has already promised an optional soft top, and that it will be available at the time of the 818's launch. It will almost certainly be black. Other colors possible? We'll see........

The color of your interior may be largely determined by the color of your donor car's seats, unless you plan to spend the money for some custom ones. Something else to add to your list of desirable qualities in your ideal donor.
    Yes my brother, but it's just a "wish list".......however, if the color I prefer is not available from FFR I would be inclined to paint it, and I would likely accept whatever interior color my donor provides, cuz I'm po'folk.....JPM

Post Thanks / Like
    I am more than likely going to be vinyl wrapping the car, but I am leaning towards a spaceship grey or aviator grey(audi tt colour) if i can find the colour available on vinyl.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The plastic panels, if they even come to light will be offered in maybe 5 colors if were lucky, I have been told. I hope for much more, but really doubt it. I want a bright white pearl like on the Mazda Rx8. I have Kawasaki green brakes and gunmetal sti wheels. I want the carbon front and side splitters and rear diffuser with a lower profile wing and the 818R cutout on the tail end.
    818S frame #13 Jdm version 8 ej207

Post Thanks / Like
    F5 has posted 16 Great Colors for your viewing and renaming pleasure.

https://www.factoryfive.com/whats-ne...-paint-colors/

Paint my 818R Supercar Yellow Metallic, #14.

I hope F5 makes all of these colors available for the 818.

Thanks
    MurrayT
    2011 Nissan LEAF
    2007 Dodge RAM 3500
    2006 Subaru WRX STi
    1996 Chevy Tahoe
    1968 Camaro Convertible
    1959 Chevy Apache Fleetside

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Yea it would be cool to have different gel coat colors, but this is just new Sherman willams paint colors and were only getting red gel coat. Hopefully something changes

Post Thanks / Like
    You gotta love the name of the last color: Steve McGreen! Awesome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey everyone,

How's this for an answer? Go design your own! For those who missed my announcement in the General Discussions forum early this morning, Hot Rod Fantasy, hotrodfantasy.com, is now in private beta for FFR Forum Members. Here is the link to the original post, and I will attach some images to this reply:

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...n-tool-for-FFR

I'm attaching images of my "Mean Green 818" (street and race) that I designed in about 15 minutes, using the system. I used a green as the base color, and satin black for the accent, roll bar and wheel accent color. Enjoy, and I'll look forward to your feedback!

hotrodfantasy.com
    Site Password: hrf2013

Setup an account, and go for it! **HINT** Use the "Compact" wheel size with 818's, unless you want a wheel through your new fenders!

Mean_Green_818_001.jpg
    2-08-04-13-11-20_0021.jpg
    2-08-04-13-11-26_0001.jpg

-Sean

Post Thanks / Like
    I just painted my 818R
    MRG818.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

<---------- Well, what a coincidence! Reminds me a lot of the paint scheme I have selected for my 818S !!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_n_Cincy View Post
    I just painted my 818R
    MRG818.jpg
    Last edited by Silvertop; 04-08-2013 at 10:52 PM. Reason: alignment silliness

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Bob_n_Cincy! Thanks for taking HRF for a spin!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvertop View Post

<---------- Well, what a coincidence! Reminds me a lot of the paint scheme I have selected for my 818S !!
    I like the car in your profile. Our original models used the double hump roll bars. I really thought they looked cool!

fasterer and furiouser longislandwrx's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    This is what I get when I try. Capture.JPG
    A well stocked beverage fridge is the key to any successful project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Passwords not working for me

Post Thanks / Like
    Worked for me last night.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    LongIslandWRX: We are looking into this, and will post a reply. Thank you!
    Last edited by vegascarnut; 04-09-2013 at 08:09 AM. Reason: More detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vegascarnut View Post
    I like the car in your profile. Our original models used the double hump roll bars. I really thought they looked cool!
    Yeah, I liked the look of those too. The full width bar has to be much more functional, though, and cheaper to build.....

fasterer and furiouser longislandwrx's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    White, and I hope there are a couple powder coating options for the cage. I would love a white cage.
    A well stocked beverage fridge is the key to any successful project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm. . . it's a toss-up between two Lotus colors: British Racing Green or Nightfall Blue Metallic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I made my 818 s on hodrodfantasy, but I can not download them for some reason, It might be my computer, or something

Post Thanks / Like
    PM me, and I will get them for you. Then, we will figure out why you can't get to them. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey everyone! We are taking the site down for a couple of hours to make some updates. HRF beta will be back online soon. Thank you for your patience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your patience, we're back! Based on feedback from users, we made some updates, minor bug fixes, etc. It's up, so please enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by longislandwrx View Post
    This is what I get when I try. Capture.JPG
    We had been planning some minor bug fixes today, but after we received your post, we took the site down, poured through it, and found NOTHING. I don't want you to think that we take security threats lightly, but I also did not want to create unnecessary panic until I knew for sure. Most of today's downtime was a result of fear of potential security issues. We rearranged some scripting and other features to improve site performance, and I'm happy to report that we found nothing malicious on our servers. Also, if it makes you feel better, just as a precaution, we moved the entire site from a maximum security dedicated server to a "ludicrous" security dedicated server.

I want you to know how much I appreciate your sharing your post today, and please let me know if you have a chance to test the site again. Why don't you try some different powder coat colors on the chassis! Have fun, and thanks again.

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if this was brought up already, but here is a cheap alternative to paint that actually looks pretty good
    https://www.dipyourcar.com/home.php
    Best part is, if you want a different color, just peel it off and spray a different color on! I think im going to do my daily driver (2010 impreza hatch) flat black and see how it looks, maybe put a gloss coat over it if the flat is too ugly

Post Thanks / Like
    There was a thread about color and somebody posted a link to a corvette vinyl wrapped in matte blue. I've been searching thru the threads and can't find. Anybody remember seeing that or maybe the poster will see I'm looking. Thx.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Justen, a fellow rhode islander. The dip, wrap, and paint have all been covered over and over. I am painting, with some vinyl accents. To be honest I am not a big fan of the dip, but to each there own.

My 818 is going to look something like this with bright white pearl, plus carbon front splitter, rear diffuser, and side plates like the 818r prototype. I am also going to have a a carbon wing off the back that follows the bodys shape.

50-08-04-13-17-01_0022.jpg50-08-04-13-17-10_0015.jpg50-08-04-13-17-21_0001.jpg50-10-04-13-16-39_0022.jpg
    Last edited by metalmaker12; 04-10-2013 at 07:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    A few of my "creations." I'm really thinking of going for the "tuner" look with striking color matched wheels. I don't particularly like the wheel selection, but this tool is awesome!

I know it's not to everyone's taste, but I really like the tuner look, especially since the car is at least partially Japanese.

The wheels I would choose are something like the Volk TE37 though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Still can't get on hot rod factory to do the paint scheme. Keeps saying invalid code. Is it because I'm on an apple product!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Samiam1017 View Post
    Still can't get on hot rod factory to do the paint scheme. Keeps saying invalid code. Is it because I'm on an apple product!
    Don't think so, I did some of these from my MacBook Air and some from my PC desktop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bnr32jason View Post
    A few of my "creations." I'm really thinking of going for the "tuner" look with striking color matched wheels. I don't particularly like the wheel selection, but this tool is awesome!

I know it's not to everyone's taste, but I really like the tuner look, especially since the car is at least partially Japanese.

The wheels I would choose are something like the Volk TE37 though.
    Great job, and thanks for sharing! Very cool. More wheels are on the way!

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't sign on my Ipad but on my lap top no problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here we go. Give it some matching orange TE37's (or maybe black) and I'll be happy. Just can't find any orange ones online at the right angle to Photoshop it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flynntuna View Post
    I can't sign on my Ipad but on my lap top no problem.
    It's definitely iPad friendly. In fact, we designed it specifically to look great on iPads. I use it on mine all the time, and I'm sorry that it isn't working for you--it looks great on the iPad! What do you see when you try visit the page?

Post Thanks / Like
    I figured it out. User error. It said had password wrong. The iPad automatically changed the first letter of the password to a capital letter. Very cool

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine said password error too. I try again later.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by metalmaker12; 04-11-2013 at 07:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by metalmaker12 View Post
    +1 Rally Blue 818SR with Wing, Splitter and Diffuser (Red Backup Position if Blue is not offered)

Thanks for doing these everyone!

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you put a feature on there that allows the addition of the "R" aero goodys on the "S"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Samiam1017 View Post
    Can you put a feature on there that allows the addition of the "R" aero goodys on the "S"
    Oh yes! That model is just about complete. I don't think it will be live during this beta, but fear not! It's coming. Thank you to everyone for putting us to the test. This has been fun!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast