Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: TWIN FAN KIT question

Post Thanks / Like

TWIN FAN KIT question

Does anyone have pics or vids for the twin fan kit installed.
    I saw a Cobra with them once and loved it.
    does anyone know if it replaces or adds to the FFR radiator fan?
    Also, I've seen pics with the fan installed with the motor facing out rather than the fans. I would think it would look better with the fans showing rather than the motor.
    do you have to install it that way?
    Lastly, how easy/hard is it to put on a finished car?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    For the fans to be effective, the blades have to be as close to the radiator as possible without actually hitting the radiator. Thus, although it would be possible to mount the fans with the motor toward the radiator, they would be useless.

I run a standard type fan behind the radiator in addition to the twin fans in front of the radiator.

Pete

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The twin fans are mostly just for show. its not at all difficult to do on a finished car.....go for it!
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pick one or the other: twin fans on the front of the radiator, or a conventional fan behind. Having both of those options in place on the same car would be redundant and a waste of time and money IMO. I have never heard officially from anyone in authority which of these two choices is more efficient, though I suspect the single fan option would win that discussion. Just my gut feeling. Twin fans look cool, though, so go with what you like. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually I was kind of thinking of having both instead of one. I already have the single fan installed so I was thinking of installing the twin fans more for show than anything else. They look so cool.

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Go for it!
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was using the twin pusher fans for cooling but I also left my FFR spal fan installed because it would be a pain to remove. This turn out to be a good move on my part. After about 2 seasons of using the pushers I heard a lot of nasty noise. This is what I found and the other blade had stress cracks also. Luckily my aluminum radiator only had some bent fins. The blades on the pusher fans are primarily used for refrigerators or air conditioning units and do not appear strong enough to hold up under the severe vibrations of a moving car (from air flow and road bouncing). I now use the twin pushers for show and the spal for cooling and no problems with engine temp.
    Jim
    005.JPG 2GUYARRIVE.jpg
    early MKI (FFR1369K) on the road in '98 and always upgrading, Midnight Emerald Mica with ghost stripes, 3.73 rear, VORTECH(V2) SQ trim putting out 11 lbs boost = 358rwhp and 359rwtq on a basically stock engine

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyZ View Post
    I was using the twin pusher fans for cooling but I also left my FFR spal fan installed because it would be a pain to remove. This turn out to be a good move on my part. After about 2 seasons of using the pushers I heard a lot of nasty noise. This is what I found and the other blade had stress cracks also. Luckily my aluminum radiator only had some bent fins. The blades on the pusher fans are primarily used for refrigerators or air conditioning units and do not appear strong enough to hold up under the severe vibrations of a moving car (from air flow and road bouncing). I now use the twin pushers for show and the spal for cooling and no problems with engine temp.
    Jim
    005.JPG 2GUYARRIVE.jpg
    That looks great jimmy. May I ask, Where did you get the kit for the pusher fans?