Thank you for your replies and thoughts.

I am in Shingle Springs, outside of Sacramento, so Healsburg would be a nice day trip at some point.

Had I known about Huntington Beach we would have gone, my wife and kids love that place. Although we will be in Yreka, CA this weekend dedicating a scoreboard for the local little league to my little league coach (long story).

Karen,
I will seek you out on Saturday at Thunderhill if that is ok? What I am really looking to understand is the maintence required to keep the car running well. The FFR would be the heaviest and most underpowered car I have raced (my current car weighs 900 pounds and has 300+ hp and 250+ Ft. torque). There is nothing about the power to weight that concerns me, just the work required to keep it running right.

The thought of being able to run a vintage event at LS is very attractive as well (the wife loves Monterey).

I care way more about my family than I do about racing, thus the class has to fit with them as well and offer something for them. My wife is very supportive, in fact the other day she told me she was concerned I was not racing enough and wanted to make sure I felt supported. My two daughters who are 9 and 2, love racing. They prefer road racing over the dirt tracks as they cannot go into the pits for our Saturday night shows. So this feels right. The only downside is we get paid real good for racing on Saturday nights and there is nothing better in racing than standing on the front straight at the end of the night with a trophy in one hand and your children in the other in front of a few thousand fans.

Thanks again and looking forward to meeting you.
Rick