Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Huntington Beach Cruise Pics and Video

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

2012 Huntington Beach Cruise Pics and Video

Feel free to add yours !!

Awards Presentation Video:

enjoy ! Great Cars this year, lots of sun, great to see old friends still hanging tough by the steering wheel of a very rude sports car, keep them wheels rolling !

VenomXS - SuperCobra 1
    New Website with All My Projects | Graduation | POM | Awarded by Factory Five ! |Powered by 03 SVT Cobra Terminator|Please Join SoCal FFRs Group !

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

VenomXS - SuperCobra 1
    New Website with All My Projects | Graduation | POM | Awarded by Factory Five ! |Powered by 03 SVT Cobra Terminator|Please Join SoCal FFRs Group !

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

VenomXS - SuperCobra 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

VenomXS - SuperCobra 1

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great picts!!
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great times can't wait till next year
    Anniversary Special,Dart Aluminum 427, AFR 225 outlaw heads,Howard Cams,Hillborn stack injection,Liberty Gears prepedTKO600, Five Link, ISIS Wiring,8.98 @151 with no power adders Photo album HTTP://photobucket.com/anniversary-car

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sergio: man, I missed you!
    Here's my contributions:

https://hhong43.wixsite.com/snkvnnm-build
    FFR #4883: 347CID|CompCam Magnum 286HR|Vic. Jr. heads|Hurricane Intake | Mighty Demon 650DP|IRS w/Torsen T2 & 3.55 | MSD ignition system | Mallory pump/filter/reg.|Forgestar CF5 18" w/245-45R18 & 295-35R18|Original I-Squared 1+1 System ☺ ☺☺

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    ... continued (I'm only allowed 7 per post...)

FFR #4883: 347CID|CompCam Magnum 286HR|Vic. Jr. heads|Hurricane Intake | Mighty Demon 650DP|IRS w/Torsen T2 & 3.55 | MSD ignition system | Mallory pump/filter/reg.|Forgestar CF5 18" w/245-45R18 & 295-35R18|Original I-Squared 1+1 System ☺ ☺☺

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    ...continued...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    awesome day! The winning Mk4 and technically innovative 33' were my favorites.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 289FIA_Cobra View Post
    Sergio: man, I missed you!
    Here's my contributions:

Do you have this pic in hi-res you can email me? We didn't get to see our cars in the sun. What did everyone think about the CW cars?
    Wayne Presley www.verycoolparts.com
    Xterminator 705 RWHP supercharged 4.6 DOHC with twin turbos

Post Thanks / Like
    Wayne, the cars were a hit. I love them both. I don't know that anyone could ever appriciate them to the level that we do. It is truly a case of "you had to be there" Your car lit up in the sun and ours looked like more then battleship gray. ....Jack da Man Bat

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great pics guys! Thanks for sharing. Dave told us all about the event at this morning's meeting and we'll get a post up recapping the event on FFR's website shortly.
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW! just saw a pic of me that has "caption contest" written all over it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by j.miller View Post
    Why? Just because you were putting your belt back on?
    FFR5546 morphing into FFR7387

Garage cam: http://mk4-cobrabuild.viewnetcam.com...gle&Language=0

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

"zipp it up Jeff, I'm not impressed..."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Wayne:

I can send you the full size picture of it so you can work some photoshop on the background lighting. I'm still figuring out this Nikon prime lens I got.
    I'll email it to you tonight.

-Herman

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 289FIA_Cobra View Post

"zipp it up Jeff, I'm not impressed..."
    "Stay Classy Temecula"

Jack Burgandy (Ron's brother)

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Too bad this is a family forum... I've got a few really good ones

Post Thanks / Like
    oh yeah wayne
    How many guys were there from the east coast team.
    I saw a Pic of Mark Stackler

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I was in Savannah at an SCCA race.

Post Thanks / Like
    GREAT PICS & GREAT TIME. It was really neat seeing very one again. Shoulder & neck hung together long enough to drive KERMIT home. PreTty sore & swollen yestereday but it was worth it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great pictures thanks for posting. It sure looks warmer than the FFR HB event that I attended. I think it was the first one back in '06.

Olli

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys,

We had more pictures for our HB gallery than we thought so we're still making them all web friendly. We'll get all of them posted tomorrow along with a full recap of the event including the car show winners. Dave Smith reports that it was a great event, tons of fun, and especially good to catch up with west coast guys. More tomorrow!
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I just uploaded 300+ pics to a new album:
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/album.php?albumid=313

Here are a few selections from the album:

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Factory Five community was on full display at the Huntington Beach Pier last weekend at the 2012 Factory Five Huntington Beach Cruise-In event. The day was a huge success with perfect weather and over 100 Factory Five cars on display on the pier plaza and adjacent parking lot. Factory Five customers contributed huge to make this year’s event the best ever. Here’s the play-by-play.

Larry, from Bill & Larry's Excellent Adventure (two friend's built side-by-side Mk4s and wrote a book about it!).
    The show was to start at 9 AM but Factory Five fanatics began arriving at 7:30! By 9 o’clock, all registered cars had arrived but three, and the pier plaza and parking lot were jammed with Roadsters, Hot Rods, Coupes, GTMs, and a few (4) non-FFR makes.

The hosts from Speed Channel’s car Car Warriors Brad Fanshaw and Ray McClelland were on hand to unveil the pair of ’33 Hot Rods that were built on the show. At 10 AM, the car covers were pulled off of the two cars and people on hand were the first ones to see the two Hot Rods in real life since the debut of the Speed Channel show about a month ago.

The winning East Coast car was donated to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and Factory Five Racing President Dave Smith’s daughter Jenny was on hand to accept the donation.

Jenny Smith was on hand to accept the donation of the Car Warrior's Hot Rod on behalf of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Jenny was released from the hospital last week and was determined to make the trip to SoCal!

The band got started around 10:30 and DJ Mike Brassfield (FFR customer) handled fill music and announcements as he has done at previous HB events. The live music was a fun addition to this really fun one-day event. The band played popular surf music and great rock’n'roll for most of the day. Mike Brassfield did an OUTSTANDING job keeping everyone at the show informed and entertained.

Jeff “Da Bat” Miller attended as a sponsor with his company Miller Customs and brought along his fighter plan paint job Roadster. The cool surprise was that he brought a bucket of dry-erase marker pens and allowed people to sign his car! How many times are you offered an opportunity to sign a beautiful Factory Five Roadster?!?! It was an awesome addition to the event. Jeff had the honor of announcing the Moment of Thunder “Gentlemen, start your engines!” The Moment of Thunder was held at noon where everyone fired up their engines at once and raised a great gearhead tribute to members of our community who are no longer with us.

Customers really did make the event special this year. Factory Five customer and road racer Karen Salvaggio brought her Coupe and two Challenge Cars and was instrumental in planning the entire event. This year’s Moment of Thunder tribute was made especially with her husband Andy in mind who passed away last fall.

Factory Five customer and forum chief Dave Hodgkins was on hand to sherpa tables, equipment, and lend a hand anywhere needed. Dave Hodgkins is personally responsible for making sure that the cruise-in event survived during the darkest days of the recent recession. When Factory Five could not afford to bring out the big truck and rent the pier plaza, he stepped up and organized a cruise-in to continue the tradition. As great as the event was, it was even more special watching Dave quietly go about helping set-up and anyone in need since the entire event owes its existence to his hard work and dedication.

Factory Five President Dave Smith with customer Erik Hansen and video-pro Greg Hoy who filmed the event and is producing an HD video about the cruise-in.
    Factory Five Erik Hansen contributed his best efforts by securing the band, The Nomads, who rocked hard all day in the SoCal sunshine. Erik’s company ’33 Machine helps guys build Factory Fives and by the way, Erik drove his Hot Rod to a 1st place win in the Del Mar GoodGuys autocross a few weeks ago and earned “Best in Show – Hot Rod” with his flat black, very cool ’33.

Factory Five President Dave Smith attended the event and was assisted by his three daughters – Nicole (17), Madison (15), and Jennifer (13) – along with Madison’s friends – Sarah and Laura Carlson (15). The girls worked the Factory Five tent and Madison did photography.

Factory Five Racing Show & Event Coordinator Sally Bean attended the event and worked closely with Dave Hodgkins, Karen Salvaggio, Erik Hansen, and the town of Huntington Beach to deliver a truly fun event.
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    This year, car show awards judging was a real challenge as the quality and caliber of the cars present was tremendous. Ray and Brad did a great job scoring the cars and handing out the following awards:

John Cameron earned Best in Show - Overall! Ray McClellan from Full Throttle Customs (left) and Bran Fanshaw from BonSpeed (right).

The car show awards were presented by Ray and Brad from Car Warriors. Among the many great cars was John Cameron’s beautiful orange Roadster that won Best in Show – Overall and Chuck Armstrong’s stunning yellow ’33 Hot Rod that earned a very close second place Best in Show – Runner-Up. Fernando Viverio’s Type 65 Coupe was a jaw dropper and Ron Richman’s GTM earned a deserved Best in Show – GTM.

Award Winners:
    Best in Show Overall – John Cameron
    Best in Show Runner-Up – Chuck Armstrong
    Best in Show Roadster Overall – Mike Dingman
    Best in Show Roadster Runner-Up – Ralph Valencia
    Best in Show Type 65 Coupe Overall – Fernando Vivero
    Best in Show Type 65 Coupe Runner-Up – Don Vaught
    Best in Show GTM Overall – Ron Richman
    Best in Show GTM Runner-Up – Mike Easton
    Best in Show ’33 Hot Rod Overall – Erik Hansen
    Best in Show ’33 Hot Rod Runner-Up – Dennis Russell
    Best Use of Chrome – John Cameron
    Best Paint – Craig Baker
    Best Engine – Gary Heinbuch
    Best Interior/Details - Neil Katz
    Most Innovative Design – Chuck Armstrong
    Highest Accrued Mileage – Steve Moriarty
    Factory Five Legacy Award Winners – Ray McEdward and Jeff “Da Bat” Miller

Factory Five Legacy Awards were presented to Ray McEdward for his contributions to the Factory Five community and also to Jeff Miller who has probably painted more Factory Fives than any one in the business. He is a fixture in the community and a great guy.

Factory Five customer Neil Katz, FFR#4058, earned Best Interior for his Mk3 Roadster.

A special note of thank you to all of the sponsors and customers without whom this special annual event would not be possible. There’s no way we can thank everyone so we just want to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who helped in large ways and in small.

Click here to see a gallery of photos from the 2012 HB Cruise-In on Factory Five's website.
    Last edited by Ray; 05-01-2012 at 05:19 PM.
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Post Thanks / Like
    Great photo's of the future donor for a MK-X in 2032!

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife and I were at the show raising money for my lung transplant and we had a blast. We attended last year and met Dave. Being a mechanic and gearhead I certainly appreciated the beautiful machines on display this year.
    Last edited by RonnieType65; 05-03-2012 at 05:32 AM.
    MKIV #8341 Grabber Blue with Satin Black Trim - 302 w/AFR 165's, Custom Ed Curtis Cam, Edelbrock Air Gap, Holley 750 DP, TKO 500, 3.27 8.8 - Car made 320rwhp w/250 miles on the clock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's my little HB video. I wasn't going to do one but when I saw Grant's pictures, they were just too good. And, I honestly don't know why it's using the pic of my car as the key frame. That's just random. Honest! Thanks again to Dave Smith, Dave Hodgkins, Sally Bean, Karen Salvaggio, etc for making it happen. And a huge thanks to the band!

Silver Supporting Vendor Cameron Autosports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great Job on the video! Although I think maybe someone has a 33 agenda!
    #5560 All New Build MkIII IRS, 8.8 Torsen, Koni's, 427Stroker, Tremac TKO600, Fuel Cell, Pin Drive, Hugger Orange/White, SB100 • www.photobucket.com/albums/pp333/n1722t
    Cameron Autosports, LLC.
    West Coast Builder and Restorer of Award Winning Carswww.cameronautosports.com
    Winner: FFR Huntington Beach 2011 BEST OF SHOW • Winner: AHA Pomona, Ca 2011 BEST OF SHOW, BEST ENGINE, 1st Place Cobra Class $50K and 1st Place Cobra Class $30-$50K.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    A few more to the collective:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Nice pics!

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone else want to see a head to head with that GT500 and the GTM? Or is it just me.

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow - all of the photos are great! Cool video Erik! Wish I could have been there. We'll have more footage from the event soon.
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    I've got my pics up on photobucket

http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r...uy4/HB%202012/

Here are a couple of my fav's

Anyone sensing a theme there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Too bad the front of that red and black GTM is not shown. I do believe, if that car is the one I think it is, that it has the alternate Gen II nose design on it. The one that was NOT chosen for production. I would be interested to hear what others thought of the design after seeing it on a finished car. I know what nose is MY preferrence.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast