Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: California SB-100 numbers

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

California SB-100 numbers

I just got a text from a friend of mine. He just got his SB-100 number (203) in Fresno. Doing the math, and assuming that DMV has been issuing the numbers in sequence, that leaves 297 numbers left.

So, if you are close to being done this year, you might want to head to DMV.

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Ray, I don't thint that's the way it works. I believe the numbers are random. At least they are at the start of the year. I remember a full range of numbers being reported throughout the year in years past...

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I agree David....As I understand it by talking many times with folks at the DMV (I've completed the SB-100 process 5 times), they issue spans of numbers to various regions around the state on January 1.....As the year wears on, I'm sure the numbers get consolidated in some way, but to the best of my knowledge, although they are entitled "sequence" numbers, they are truly not in sequence when issued.

Karen
    #28 FFR Challenge Series
    #28 FFR Type-65 Coupe
    2011 Western Endurance Racing Championship
    2010 West Coast Champion
    Drive it.....Like you stole it!

Silver Supporting Vendor Cameron Autosports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Karen you are correct. The numbers are not given out in order. Various numbers are provided to each region. I don't think they will go through all the numbers this year. I have done many of these and in last few years there have been less cars gong through the process. I remember the day when all 500 numbers were gone the first working day of the year. Hum, I think that says something about our economy.
    Cheers,
    John
    #5560 All New Build MkIII IRS, 8.8 Torsen, Koni's, 427Stroker, Tremac TKO600, Fuel Cell, Pin Drive, Hugger Orange/White, SB100 • www.photobucket.com/albums/pp333/n1722t
    Cameron Autosports, LLC.
    West Coast Builder and Restorer of Award Winning Carswww.cameronautosports.com
    Winner: FFR Huntington Beach 2011 BEST OF SHOW • Winner: AHA Pomona, Ca 2011 BEST OF SHOW, BEST ENGINE, 1st Place Cobra Class $50K and 1st Place Cobra Class $30-$50K.