FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: serial data port (obdll) ??'s

Post Thanks / Like

serial data port (obdll) ??'s

? on wiring the OBDll port...PPL wire to ECM, BLK & BLK/WHT to GND, OR to battery +.
    Now I know the DK GRN is the diagnostic signal for "entertainment & comfort" and I also have a tan lead. Are these 2 wires just left unconnected to anything? What is the tan wire? I can't find it anywhere in the factory wiring schematics. I'm using the 2000 year factory manuals for reference, but I think my donor part is 98 or99.
    Thanks in advance!
    Cheers, Jeff
    GTM 422, LS6, cam, heads, Mendeola trans

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff
    I know the wiring is different between the 1999 and the 1998 doner. I have the 98 manual then found I had a 99 doner. My local chev dealer let me see their 99 mamuals to do my wiring. All I!m trying to say is you will need to know your doner year to know which mamual to use.
    Leonard

Post Thanks / Like
    I wired like the manual and like you indicate. Didn't use the other wires. Everything works fine. I have used the port with HP Tuners too - reprograms, display error codes, etc. No probs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool...thanks guys. I also talked to FFR, and the consensus was to forget about the green and tan wires. My confusion all began with the manual talking purple wire but showing green in the photos(DVD).
    Thanks again!
    Cheers, Jeff
    GTM 422, LS6, cam, heads, Mendeola trans