Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Front bike fender mount pics

Post Thanks / Like

Front bike fender mount pics

There were a couple of questions in another thread about how/when to install the front bike fender mounts. The mounts should be installed when installing the spindles. If you have installed the hubs already, you've gone too far.

Now another potential question will be "do the fenders bolt to the mount with the mount inside or outside of the fender?" Mount them as your wheel backspacing dictates. In my case, I first installed as shown in the pictures, mount on the outside of the fender. I have the FFR HR wheels and found out that didn't work too well. So, I changed to the mount on the inside of the fender, much better.

I hope that the pictures help.

Olli

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that is a beautiful color!!
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    Olli:
    Thank you for the detailed pictures (very appreciated)! Looks like I need to go back and remove the caliper, rotor, and hub. I have the FFR HR wheels so I'll be sure to put the bracket on the inside of the fender. What size tires did you go with your fenders. I had a heck of a time finding four matching within a size that would work. I ended up with a 245-40-17 (front 24.71") and 275-40-18 (rear 26.6") in the Hankook Ventus V12, hoping these will work and look ok with the fenders. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Olli View Post
    There were a couple of questions in another thread about how/when to install the front bike fender mounts. The mounts should be installed when installing the spindles. If you have installed the hubs already, you've gone too far.

Now another potential question will be "do the fenders bolt to the mount with the mount inside or outside of the fender?" Mount them as your wheel backspacing dictates. In my case, I first installed as shown in the pictures, mount on the outside of the fender. I have the FFR HR wheels and found out that didn't work too well. So, I changed to the mount on the inside of the fender, much better.

I hope that the pictures help.

Olli

Post Thanks / Like
    For the front I have 235 40 17. Rear 295 35 18.

Olli

Post Thanks / Like
    You can save yourself a lot of work if you get four M12X1.75 coupling nuts. Then just shim from them to locate your fenders. This makes it easier to remove fenders later and not have to disturb the spindle bolts. The coupling nuts stay on the spindle bolts. There were some previous posts on the ffcars.com forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Olli,
    That is where I thought they mounted, but wanted to be sure. Do these longer bolts and spacers come with the kit?

Post Thanks / Like
    The spacers and bolts came with the brackets/mounts.

Olli

Post Thanks / Like
    I got some pretty detailed instructions from factory five on this. If you want them, send me your Email Address.

Post Thanks / Like
    Finished installing the front shocks and preparing to install the spindles. I understand that now is the time to install the fender mount if installing bike fenders.

In my case, I am planning on installing full fenders. I looked through the manual and did not find any information addressing mounts for full fenders. Are these fender mounts used for full fenders as well as bike fenders?

Thanks,
    Scot

EFI Rules and Carbs Drool Arrowhead's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scot View Post
    Finished installing the front shocks and preparing to install the spindles. I understand that now is the time to install the fender mount if installing bike fenders.

In my case, I am planning on installing full fenders. I looked through the manual and did not find any information addressing mounts for full fenders. Are these fender mounts used for full fenders as well as bike fenders?

Thanks,
    Scot
    No, only the bike fenders use that mounting since they turn with the wheels. The full fender mounting isn't clear and is kind of left up to the builder. I think the intent was to just bolt them to the body with rivnuts. That can work for the rears ok, but the fronts would bolt to the side panels so it's not the strongest solution. Some have made up metal brackets that attach to the frame for the front fenders. Same with the running boards.