Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Subaru Engine Rebuilders

Post Thanks / Like

Subaru Engine Rebuilders

Hi guys, I was searching for Subaru engine builders, and I came across this website www.ccrengines.com . They exclusively rebuild subaru engines to stock specs. There are several performance builders near me, one being Crawford Perfomance Co mentioned by someone else a while back, but they are high $ , closed deck, forged internals ect. My question is, what do you guys think would be the best way to do a budget rebuild, yet have it done right. thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I came accross this site too, but I can't comment on it.

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    SSI is a stock rebuilder also .

Post Thanks / Like
    There are plenty in SoCal. I can only comment on Millenium Motorsports in Temecula. Excellent work. Greg has build me both stock and built motors with zero issues so far. I wouldn't call it bargain, but it's not unreasonable either.

As a side note...I'm not a fan of the 'Engine Mill' type of builders unless it's a stock motor. Too many variables, power levels and tuning theories to just have an 'off-the-shelf' built motor. Choose a builder that builds a motor to your purpose. It's doesn't really cost any more when you break it down.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought my closed-deck forged piston, rod and nitrated stock crank STI motor rated to 800 whp from Outfront Motorsports in SoCal and they have been rebuilding Subaru engines for long time. Check them out. Many Time Attack racers run their motor.

If you are in the East coast, few big name comes up for the Subaru community are, Element Tuning, Top Speed, etc... Just give TiC a call and they can also recommend one for you too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I'm not sure why you would spend the money to have a stock rebuild unless you have 0 interest in upgrading power. Some things are minimal cost if already in the motor and worth doing.

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leetfade View Post
    I guess I'm not sure why you would spend the money to have a stock rebuild unless you have 0 interest in upgrading power. Some things are minimal cost if already in the motor and worth doing.
    I agree. You need to know your builder and be able to trust them to a certain extent. Some shops offer services that seem cheap compared to others but their shop is set up for it and do a lot so it's no big deal for them. On the other hand, that same service may be at a premium price for a machinist that just does a few. If you can do upgrades that are useful and economical, go for it. IMO, WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046