Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Electric 33

Post Thanks / Like

Electric 33

As some of you may know Whitby has teamed up with Green Cycle Design and built an all electric 33 HR. The car has been all over the place in the past few months. Well last week it made it back home for us to finish up and get some seat time. It has performed very well in all the test it has been through so far. The power is incredible and the theoretical numbers and potential have been off the charts. I'm not real big on theory and potential so we are putting it on the road to see what happens in the real world and daily grind. I drove it last night 52 miles, and the furthest we have been is 64 miles. Neither time was it drained we just got where we were going. The battery and controller packs should do around 150 miles per charge. Once we get more seat time in the car and real world feed back we will share the information. The goal here is to create an affordable, functional and drivable car that happens to have a race car chassis and drop dead good looks too. That is the other side of the story. We have been fortunate to have built several hot rods so far, but we ship them out before we get to drive them any significant amount. This car is still in gelcoat so it is not a show car by any means(yet). The response to this car is incredible, cameras, cell phones, thumbs up, honks waves. The attention it gets has really surprised me. It reminds me of GTM and Batmobile attention levels. We will have it in the shop for most of the summer testing and finishing it up, so if you are in the area please stop by. The seat of the pants feel as it smokes the tires is crazy. We had a guy in looking at it and he had no interest in it, he said he already had a golf cart. After the first ride white knuckled and wide eyed he was converted. I was the same way, pretty skeptical, but I am a fan. The tv and magazine car guys that have driven the car have all said the same thing about it. It feels just like a real car, that is exactly what we were shooting for. It behaves like any other car you have driven, except it is silent and oh yea you never by gas. We'll keep you posted as we continue to make progress and get feedback from the road.
    Thanks
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    I love electric stuff!! Need to add a good stereo for the v8 sound CD Very Kool
    - DREAM - STRUGGLE - VICTORY - "If you can dream it, it can be achieved." Orrin Woodward

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jeff,
    I parked my roadster next to your 33 at Quaker steak a while back. It was very impressive. Just like terpstra said
    with a radio you can sound like a v8 . Just like a retired person on a golf course in Florida.Just stay off the greens and
    fairways.

Post Thanks / Like
    Heck yea Ronnie hope you are doing well. 60 more miles this week it has been pretty rainy. I hope to get some more seat time this weekend.
    Thanks
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    HI, This is my first post. I'm curious how the Electric '33 is working out, would love to hear more about the drive system and know the final weight of the car.
    Thanks, Tom