It’s time to reveal the finished car.
100_2271.jpgMark III Factory Five
· Frame andall sheet metal- powder coated silver. All suspension parts were coated with Silver POR 15 finish
· Rear-end-4 Link 8.8 with 373 gears and new axles- North Race Car- POR 15 Silver finish
· BrakesNew Ford Disk - North Race Car
· Wheels8” front, 10.5 Rear- North Race Car 275 x 17 front and 315 x 17 rear
· Motor-Brand New 2004 Mach 1 4.6L DOHC Crate Motor from Ford Racing with Stacked FuelInjection from Wayne at Very Cool Parts. Hoses- corrugated coolant withpolished chrome ends and stainless steel power steering. All wiring and gas lines are hidden behindthe motor
· Transmission-New Tremec T-45 from Ford Racing.
· MasterCylinder- New Ford Hydro boost with Power Steering and Power Brakes
· Radiator-2004 Mustang with 2 Speed high performance fan and temperature programmable controlBoth upper and lower radiator bracket are removable (easier for motor andtransmission installation)
· Radiatoroverflow and Power Steering fluid- Aluminum from Canton Racing
· Oil pan-North Race Car Champ Pan
· WiringHarness- Painless Harness with Redline Engine Management System- All custom runwith weather tight plugs.
· Enginebay- 3 extra sheet metal panels to close of the remainder of the innerfender areas
· Interior-Cockpit was lined with Dynamat and complete custom vinyl interior, Bound Bentlycarpet, removable dash with hidden fastners and removable center console withpolished aluminum accents- all by me. Herb’s interior door panels. Classic Instrument- Cobra gauges. Seats, Stock FFR seats (with new heating elements). Russ Thompson turn signals and acceleratorpedals and covers. Push button start.
· Body-I did 90 % of the bodywork myself and the last (most important) 10% wasfinished by Brennan Automotive in Ontario NY. They painted the car in Victory’sNuclear Sunset Tangerine and Mercedes’ Silver (to match the powder coating andPOR 15 silver. The underside of the car(yeah nobody sees it, I know) is also painted a darker version of the silverstripes as pigmented spray on truck bed liner. The undersides of the trunk and hood have the silver stripes carriedthrough.
· Trunk-Hidden battery shut-off, fully carpeted with polished aluminum accents andunder trunk battery compartment. Billetaluminum trunk prop.
· Gas tank-New stock 87 Mustang with plastic black cover- All brackets were raised 1” tobetter hide the tank under the body.
· ReverseLight- Mini Cooper
· Bumpersand Overriders-FFR
· Hood andScoop- Cut out the original-(poor fitment and scoop position). Added MarkIV and reformed entire opening. SS Buttoncap screws and SS acorn nuts on the inside.
Many Thanks go out to:
· My family-Diana- who allowed me the freedom to get this done, my daughter Pam and mydaughter Gabriella who would help me in the garage on the coldest and the hottestdays of the year. And my 89 year oldfather who would keep regular tabs on my progress
· The Local Rochester Area Cobra Boys”-CobraBud (and his son Marty), Randy (ChevyCobra), Steve (Scarlet), Rick (McTavish),EdG, Rick Lux and all the others. You never gave up hope and always providedhelp, encouragement and inspiration. Youdid more than you think.
· All youguys out there who answered my silly questions, sent me extra stuff when I neededit, gave the perfect advice and took photos of your own car so I could see howyou did something,
· MidwestCobras and Classics- Bobby D a true friend and inspiration to create thehighest quality automobiles out there. You will be missed. And thanks toScott for your innovative ideas.
· I also want to thank God for never giving up on me. Sometimes all I did was pray a little harder for the answer and soon Iwas able to move forward.
Now time to enjoy.