Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Here's some Help for Your Window Adjustment Headaches!

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Here's some Help for Your Window Adjustment Headaches!

This is one of those palm-to-forehead items that I wish I would have thought of making 7 years ago!!! I don't know if this is the handiest products I've ever made, but it's gotta be close! If you're still needing to install and adjust your windows/regulators....trust me....these are worth it!

Window Track Positioners - $7 or FREE with your order of over $100 of GTM Parts!
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome idea Shane. If you haven't shipped my order yet please include a set in it. Let me know to paypal payment. If it has already ship let me know how much extra will shipping be
    Thanks,
    Hugo
    GenII GTM #354
    Delivered (02/09/11)

Post Thanks / Like
    Shane,
    Those are awesome!
    It would be great if you could incorporate some kink of a flange so one could glue those to the tracks and leave them in. I didn't have any luck with the stock sheet metal parts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Hugo.......your order went out yesterday morning......I did not come up with this idea until yesterday afternoon.... I'll get you taken care of. Thanks!

sk7500......I've been welding all of the FFR brackets to both the window tracks and the door frame once the window is adjusted. The adhesive they provide does not hold up in the long run (and I doubt that using the same adhesive on these with a flange would be much different....eventually it will fail). These Window Positioners are Alum......they would not weld very well to steel. ;-) The alum is much better to clamp down to the door frame and stay put than steel would be, I can cut it more accurately than the steel with virtually no clean-up needed of the parts, and I have tons of scrap pieces of .080" alum here to cut these out of......thus the cheap/virtually free price.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC

Post Thanks / Like

Windo Track positioners.

Hi Shane,

I just happen to be getting everything finished up un the doors and this would be perfect to make the track positioning much more secure. So I think I'd like a couple sets for my car. I'm assuming that they fit on the top & bottom door frame bars for each track, so 4 per door?

Can these be ordered through your website or is a call in order?

Thanks,

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Shane!!
    GenII GTM #354
    Delivered (02/09/11)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hugo....they are in the mail.

Mike,

These are not to actually use to secure the window tracks permanently.....only to hold the tracks in place temporarily while you get all of your adjustments done. I bolt both of the bottoms of the tracks to the fiberglass door shell, just like the manual instructs to do. The thing is, you can't install the top FFR brackets to the tracks until you know the angle that your tracks need to be positioned to....and without those installed, you have no way of holding the position of the tops of the window tracks steady while you check window fitment to the body......so they just flop around. To get everything adjusted properly, you have to be able to hold the window tracks securely while you open and close the door to check fitment of the window to the door and body, and be able to roll the window up and down all the way to be sure that the tracks are parallel to each other and the window and window clamps clear the components inside the door. These pieces (2 per door) allow you to do all of that and also allow quick changes in adjustment/position of the window tracks by simply unclamping the vice-grips, sliding the positioner(s) to the new location and clamping it/them back down.

You can order by shooting me an email thru my website. The email address is right at the top of the Custom GTM Parts page.

http://vraptorspeedworks.com/custom-gtm-parts/
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi Shane,

I agree. That's pretty slick! It's so simple. That's why nobody thought of it. Always overthinking the solution. Great work. Too bad I don't have a GTM to use it on. WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    I was afraid to weld to the tracks in fear of damaging the slide surface. I glued ours about 3 time and finally gave up and decided to just glass in some upper and lower mounts and let the upper and lower bolts do the holding. But these sure would have been slick.

Quote Originally Posted by VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC View Post
    Hey Hugo.......your order went out yesterday morning......I did not come up with this idea until yesterday afternoon.... I'll get you taken care of. Thanks!

sk7500......I've been welding all of the FFR brackets to both the window tracks and the door frame once the window is adjusted. The adhesive they provide does not hold up in the long run (and I doubt that using the same adhesive on these with a flange would be much different....eventually it will fail). These Window Positioners are Alum......they would not weld very well to steel. ;-) The alum is much better to clamp down to the door frame and stay put than steel would be, I can cut it more accurately than the steel with virtually no clean-up needed of the parts, and I have tons of scrap pieces of .080" alum here to cut these out of......thus the cheap/virtually free price.