Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: CAD Dash Panels

Post Thanks / Like

CAD Dash Panels

Found this over on the GT40 website. Really nice work and cheap.

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/lola-t70-...sh-panels.html

http://www.frontpanelexpress.com/index.html
    Fred

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GTM #22 - Worlds slowest build

Post Thanks / Like
    Fred,

Funny you should post that today. I just received my custom dash panels from FrontPanelExpress yesterday! I plan on installing them this weekend. Here's what they look like now ... I'll post an installed photo later this weekend. I use Solidworks to model the parts, and then export a .DXF for Front Panel Express.

-Michael

FPE-GTM.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    I would note that if you guys are making the drawings yourselves and then just having them cut, Shane offers this service as well. The Mendeola Baja Designs FFR PDG GTM team has been using Shane's talents in this regard for a few months now, and the results have been very good. We have had everything from .045 aluminum to 3/16 steel parts made by him and they have always come out as expected and at a very reasonable rate. Not saying those other guys don't, but just giving another option if a person already has the ability to draw the CAD/CAM file.
    Last edited by crash; 08-10-2012 at 11:17 AM.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Crash,

I know Shane makes great parts - I have plenty of them! Thought I'd try something new with FrontPanelExpress. I use them for work quite often.

Anyway, here's the mock-up of my interior I did this weekend. The parts from FPE worked out great. In case anyone cares, the switch above the stereo allows me to view either my front or rear camera at any time. The stereo still displays the rear camera automatically when in reverse. And I did have to get both driver's and passengers dash pods completely recovered. The material was pulling up badly from all the concave areas on the driver's pod, and the passenger pod had to be recovered because I had to move the vent and right edge toward the middle of the car about an inch to clear the door panels. $250 total to completely re-cover both with a very similar material. Dropped it off one day, and it was ready two days later. Here's the pics:

IMG_4964.JPGIMG_4965.JPGIMG_4969-1.jpg

-Michael

GTM #327 - Almost in primer! (Been saying that for the last 6 months!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank for the props Crash! Glad that you've been happy with the parts from me.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts