BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: A quick and dirty buck for the coupe

Post Thanks / Like

A quick and dirty buck for the coupe

I was away from a computer this weekend and needed to build a buck for my coupe so i can start building this thing. Since i couldnt access any on-line sources, i quickly built a roller buck from memory. BAsically what i did was build a 4x8 frame from 2 x 4 on edge, with 2 stringers 30 inches apart halfway along. I strrengthend the corners with a 6 inch squares of 3/4 inch plywood, and mounted the 4 swivel wheels at each corner underneath.
    At each stringer i mounted two 48inch uprights also of 2x4. On each paitr of stringers i mounted a strip of 3/4 inch plywood that was 40 inches long by 8 inches wide. Prior to mounting i traced the roofline by holdinf the strips against the roll bars inside and taping a pencil to a deep socket and tracing the profile.
    Then i cut it with a jigsaw and placed some foam pipe insulation on the edge.

After the body was mounted, i took two 8 foot lenghts of 2x4 and ran them along the side with one enbd up under the rear hatch area for support, and up froint with a short upright supporting the front cowl.

here are some photos == the whole deal took about 45 mintues

buck1.jpgbuck2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Kiki,

Never saw you coming through Maine, but glad you got your kit. Buck looks good. I'll trade you my black body for your red one!

John
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey John -- sorry about the rush through Maine -- initially it was going to be just me, but i got a last minute passenger, and our timetable got severly asquished as a result. If you are ok , however, i wanted to take a run down before the summer ends, so perhaps in the coming weeks?
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me know!

John
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013