FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 1965 Factory Five MKIV Roadster for sale, $26,500 OBO.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool 1965 Factory Five MKIV Roadster for sale, $26,500 OBO.

1965 Factory Five MKIV replica. Fantastic car. Built impeccably by a shipyard mechanic and everything is beautifully done.

This is the newest version (MKIV) complete in 2011.

The Roadster has a built 1991 Mustang 5.0 302 FI engine with a minor cam paired with Tremec TKO600 5-speed manual Transmission. The engine and transmission are built to withstand the addition of a supercharger (up to 600+hp). Virtually all the engine components are new. The car was built with a brand new chassis harness and a brand new electrical harness for all gauges and lights. The car has $800 Negative Earth vintage look gauges (they're gorgeous at night). 17" Halibrand knock-offs with new tires. Vintage look bucket seats with 5 point racing harnesses. It also has the heater installed, which is nice on the cooler evenings. The car has driven 1600 miles since built and it is in perfect running order.

The car is in its original red gel coat. It's beautiful and a blast to drive, but paint would be needed for show quality. The car does NOT have power steering or brakes. I would recommend installing power steering to make it more enjoyable, but the manual disc brakes stop it very well as is. The back-pop on the mufflers is addicting.

All receipts
    Black roll bar
    extra passenger side roll bar (pipes are in to use it, I just liked the 1 roll bar look)
    full carpet kit
    floor mats
    new vintage FFR gauges
    new wiring harness (not a stripped one)
    new chassis harness
    working heater (dash has NOT been cut for defroster, can be done after paint and has bezels and tubing to complete it)
    TKO600 5 speed transmission
    302 5.0 FI engine
    virtually all new components throughout engine
    new FFR front control arms
    powder coated chassis
    FFR Vintage Halibrand replica wheels, 17" x 9" front, 17" x 10.5" rear
    new tires (1600 miles)
    trunk mount new high performance battery

I have gone through all the hoops (3 months) at the CA DMV and the car is SB100, smog exempt for the life of the car. This qualifies the car so you can run any engine you desire as the chassis and body are registered with a unique VIN.

The quality, craftmanship and drivability of this Cobra can't be beat for the price. I guarantee you cannot build the same quality for less than the asking price.

Thanks for looking and shoot me an email, call or text if you have any questions.

nomads2000 @ gmail . com

Car is located in Los Angeles, CA.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! Very nice car.
    Could you please to give me more information:
    is the LSD in rear axle, which type of front brakes, what do you mean - "The engine and transmission are built to withstand the addition of a supercharger (up to 600+hp)"
    Have you got additional photos?
    Regards, Vladimir

Post Thanks / Like
    Sold.