Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: If you want to meet you forum buddies, Go to Whitby's!

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to meet you forum buddies, Go to Whitby's!

I played hooky from work this afternoon, so I could run some parts up to Jeff Collins at Whitby's.

I backed up to the shop door so I could say hi to Jeff and spend a couple of minutes, and drop off the parts. When I got out of the car I saw Jeff standing inside, so I went on inside to say hello to the guys.

As soon as I got through the doors, who do you think is standing there, but Gary Cheney. You just never know who you're going to run into when you drop in on Jeff at the shop. Gary came down to the Carolinas to do a little Moto-X riding with some friends. (Including Jim Schenk; GTM designer, and yet another of my personal heros). Sorry I didn't get to meet him.

Not long ago, while at the Whitby Christmas Party, I met Rick Williams of Factory Five DVD fame. Very nice guy, I must say. As well, there was everyone's buddy, Cobra Earl, Mangus, Damn Yankee, and a slew of other people that you see very often on the forum...

I'm finding that the Factory Five world, is a very small one. And you just never know where you'll meet your "friends" from the forum.

Gary, it was a pleasure to meet you and spend little time talking GTM's. If you guys get down to Charlotte while you're here, please feel free to give me a call. I'd be happy to take you all to dinner.

And Jeff, it's always a pleasure to see you and the guys. I've said it before, and it's still true: It's just fun being in the Whitby's shop, and spending a bit of time. I always leave smiling!

Oh yeah; Jeff gave me some direction to get us back out to the interstate and avoiding heavy traffic. Gary said that he wanted to follow me out. No problem...

We're headed towards the interstate and I'm talking to my wife about the GTM Chassis, when I looked up and saw that we missed the exit. I felt pretty dumb.

We looped back around, and got off on the right exit and went our seperate ways. Sorry about that Gary.

Take care Guys!
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Stig, it is a small world! I have run into both Gary and Jeff several times and it's always fun. Saw them last in Las Vegas at the SEMA show. It's what makes the whole ffr thing fun, one big family, we even have the odd uncles about!