Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Monterey ... McCall Motorsports Revival 2012

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Monterey ... McCall Motorsports Revival 2012

Better late than never ... sorry this has taken so long but I've just been doing too much visiting/driving to have enough time to post pics.

The first event of the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion was the McCall Motorworks Revival at the Monterey Jet Center. This is a charity event that benefits the families of soldiers and police officers who have died in the line of duty. We arrived at around noon to unload the coupes in the pre-staging area … 4 FFR coupes and the rest were Superformance or Shelby Continuation coupes. The coupes were later arranged in a semicircle near the hangar. A Barrett-Jackson photographer took several pictures of the coupe gathering and posted it on their website. The event featured many exotic cars that I had not even heard of before, as well as many classic cars. My favorite classic cars were the Talbot Lago and the XK-E Type Jaguar. Also, business jets by Gulfstream, Bombardier, Piaggio and Pilatus. Several military aircraft including a B-25, P-51, L-39, T-6 and an A-4. The pricey tickets ($325. … but complimentary to those showing cars) included fine wines, mixed drinks and food of all kinds. “People Watching” was outstanding … especially some of the lovely models attending the exotic cars. Of special interest was the very first Cobra, still owned by the Shelby family. This is the one that would be painted different colors for different car shows … giving the impression that there were many completed Cobras, when in reality, there was only one.
    Driving the coupes home after the event proved to be rather eventful. Karen Salvaggio’s daughter, Tracy, was driving the new #28 race coupe. About a half mile into the drive, she pulled over into a parking area. The coupe would not move as the brakes were locked up. A little maintenance effort aided by a Swiss Army knife with a Phillips head screwdriver and a set of pliers, and the brake push rod was adjusted to release the brakes and back to the “Coupe Group” hotel we went. End of day one at Monterey.

I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I sure miss my coupe!

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I sure miss my coupe!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing a little piece of a spectacular event. The pictures and words are great and look forward to sharing more of both with you soon.
    John and Victoria