Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: GTM Pre-build

Post Thanks / Like

GTM Pre-build

starting Pre- build of my Gen II GTM. not the typical GTM build though I have my donor car that I am going to use for parts have an 02 Z06 without engine and tranny, I have came to a different setup on engine thus why i purchased the 02 I am going to use a V-10 M5 engine starting off with an upgraded custom twin turbo that I have installed within the past week full wiring for it will be doing dyno testing tomorrow but I have been talking to a local race shop for about a month and we have been developing a quad turbo setup for this car to push it over the top. waiting on Mendeola to get back to me about the transmission. are there any other thoughts on a transmission for this car and engine combo out there? Engine with upgraded boost on stage 2 turbos with engine work dyno'd @ 810HP and 730 Torque

Post Thanks / Like
    Out side the box.....love it. Keep us posted!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shaseracingdevelopment View Post
    I am going to use a V-10 M5 engine starting off with an upgraded custom twin turbo that I have installed within the past week full wiring for it will be doing dyno testing tomorrow but I have been talking to a local race shop for about a month and we have been developing a quad turbo setup for this car to push it over the top.
    I'm thinking that just being able to use the V10 M5 Engine would be over the top! If cost isn't a concern, I think that the V10 and transaxle used in the Audi R8 would also be a great engine for the GTM.

I hope you'll post updates to let us know how it goes. I'll be following this one for sure!

Good luck.
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Can you give us a peek at what you've done so far? Looking forward to see this progress through the build.

R/s
    Vidal
    R/s
    Vidal
    CURRENT STATUS: Interior Rework and Bodywork.
    GenII GTM #331. Delivered (23/9/10)
    BUILD LOG AND WEBSITE:
    http://gtmbuild.weebly.com/ .

Post Thanks / Like
    ok so dyno'd the new twin turbo's that I machined over the weekend had to lower compression a little more but is running strong with 1063HP at 20lb boost 917lb torque.

Post Thanks / Like
    Um, that sounds really cool, but on the GTM forums, if you don't have pictures, well, we don't consider it has actually happened.

So let's see some! Sounds like it should look REALLY interesting with four turbos...once that happens!
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    What Crash meant was PICS PICS PICS!!!!!!! We wanna see.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'd imagine you're going to re-gear this transaxle to prevent wasting the tires through 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear?! Sounds like a killer amount of power and one heck of a wild ride!
    Custom LCD Gauges , Data Loggers, Control Touch Screens
    www.LCDdash.com \\ 647-522-9953 \\ Voice & Text
    Proud new owner of GTM Gen 1., #105 - 08/27/11
    LQ9 Powered, G96.00 6 speed transaxle

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Did you ever start building?

Updates? Pictures?
    R/s
    Vidal
    CURRENT STATUS: Interior Rework and Bodywork.
    GenII GTM #331. Delivered (23/9/10)
    BUILD LOG AND WEBSITE:
    http://gtmbuild.weebly.com/ .

Post Thanks / Like
    You might want to think about the Ricardo 6 speed for that kind of power. Its really hard to fit in the car but can handle that power. Maby Mendeola can come up sith something. But it might be a race box.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would recommend the Porsche TT, GT2, or GT3 gearbox. I think that you will find that they will handle the HP and Torque that you plan on putting out quite well. I would not recommend the stock LSD though as it is not capable of handling that power.

Good luck with your build and let me know if you have questions. I will be interested in following your build and finding out what direction you decided to move forward with.

Erik Johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    So Erik,
    What would the price be looking like for a GT2 or 3? Is 1st gear usefull? Are they 6 speeds?
    I have a motor and wheels and tires you know what goes in between!