BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Clutch cable to firewall

Post Thanks / Like

Clutch cable to firewall

How does the clutch cable sleeve fit to firewall? It seems to be just a push fit, I can't see any fixings but there is a hole in that metal ring that I could run a bolt through. The size of the hole being asked for matches the rubber part shown.

clutchcable.jpeg
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Roadracer. Not sure if this will help because I am using a topside clutch cable adjuster, but I just removed the rubber piece and ring from the cable and the remaining sleeve just slides into the adjuster. Photo is an example of what mine ended up looking like.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Midwest 33 Build; 06-09-2017 at 12:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest 33 Build View Post
    Hi Roadracer. Not sure if this will help because I am using a topside clutch cable adjuster, but I just removed the rubber piece and ring from the cable and the remaining sleeve just slides into the adjuster. Photo is an example of what mine ended up looking like.
    Thank you, that's very useful. I'll google for that. [Sorry for the delay, just got back from an internet-free vacation]
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100