Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: GTM Party!!! Well almost

Post Thanks / Like

GTM Party!!! Well almost

My partner Frank throws a Car guy party once a year for about 500 of our closest car buddies. I talked with Frank and asked if I could send an invitation to all our west coast GTM brothers. and he said " Please do". There is usually a couple hundred cars. Everything from a Pierce Arrow to the original 1977-9 Rain for Rent top fuel dragster in attendance. Frank serves hamburgers and hot dogs. Guests bring all the side dishes so it's a huge potluck. There is the "Cacklefest" were we start up a Top fuel car or two. A 50s band plays music in the Gazebo. All cool cars park on 3 acres of finely trimmed grass. Street cars park on the street. Then the grand finally. Frank brings in some cars drained of all the fluids, puts a cinder block on the gas pedal and starts them up. Everyone who wants to bet puts $5 in a bucket. The person who guesses closest to the time it finally blows wins the pot.

I hope to have the upholstery mostly done in our GTM. So this will be kind of it's debut showing. The past three years have shown the guests three stages of our completion. I think two years ago Justin Panneda brought his beautiful red GTM out and wowed the crowd. Ron was supposed to hold down the spot last year but motor troubles left us with and empty spot. Ron. Hope you can make it this year.
    I thought it would be really cool to have a GTM section this year. So if you are anywhere close to Bakersfield on the weekend of Oct 13 we would love to see you and your American Supercar!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    wish I could make it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    argh I want to come!!!! but I don't have a nice car ;_;

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like I'll be making my way up from Santa Barbara!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    love the blowing up engines thing, that's hilarious! once saw a show on ferrari factory (ultimate factories, i think) where a young local got a job there testing their cars on their closed course. he was doing burnouts, doughnuts, etc. at the end, he threw it in neutral and floored it 'till it blew up and the hood even jumped upward when parts came out the top! (rod/piston i guess) sounds like a cool time, take some pics n post 'em if you can!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iris3d View Post
    Looks like I'll be making my way up from Santa Barbara!
    Iris3d,
    That's awesome! Will you be bringing your GTM? If so, I'll set up a GTM area for us outside. Ron has not yet let us know if he will bring his up but LS Man (car guru "Ted") confirmed he will make the trip from Stockton.
    Can't confirm if Justin will make it this year.
    If I can't confirm any other Gtms will be here I'll set ours up in the show room so people have something to look at while standing in the food line. Some eye candy for the dessert line.
    Can't wait!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sk7500 View Post
    Iris3d,
    ...but LS Man (car guru "Ted") confirmed he will make the trip from Stockton.
    As I didn't think Ted owned a GTM, has he indicated he will be bringing up "his" SLC?
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve, I can't begin to tell you how much I wish I could make that trip! I'm sure that a great time will definitely be had by all!

Way to go buddy! Big thumbs up from me!

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn, wish I was on your coast!!
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by riptide motorsport View Post
    Damn, wish I was on your coast!!
    I know how you guys feel. I read about all the cool things you do and wish I could be there. I'll post some highlight pictures for sure. Now all I have to do is get the car done enough to show.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I was bringing my GTM. The only way it would make it up by then is on a trailer! I'm really excited to see some GTM's again though. I've never actually driven in one, just sat. Can't wait though! How's guacamole for a side dish?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iris3d View Post
    I wish I was bringing my GTM. The only way it would make it up by then is on a trailer! I'm really excited to see some GTM's again though. I've never actually driven in one, just sat. Can't wait though! How's guacamole for a side dish?
    No car is not a problem as long as you go away inspired to keep your project moving forward. Maybe even set the goal to bring your car next year finished or not. It looks like unless Justin shows up ours will be the only GTM there and it will probably be stuck inside or I would offer you a ride. The ride offer stands as long as you understand our car only 90 percent done and it might be 3-4:00 before I can get it free. And I have to help with blowing up the cars. I know you have a long drive home, but if you can wait through all that I'll take you for a ride.
    Guacamole is always a hit, but coming all the way from Santa Barbara exempts you from bringing a side dish unless you want to. There is always more than enough food.
    Pm me and I'll give you the address and times. See you there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well the 5th annual "Frank car party was today and it was awesome as usual. good food, good friends, good music, great weather and cool cars. Most awesome was that I was able to let people see the GTM all put together. Lots of people at the party have been watching the progress over the last 4 years, but they always see it in pieces. Well the car isn't done but at least it looked like a car. Got tons of compliments and even more questions. Got to hang out with LSMan and his friends. Wish I was better at remembering thier names but I remember the beautiful orange factory 5 Daytona they brought down. The day ended with the car blow up. Check out the Video highlights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZCZc...=youtube_gdata

Post Thanks / Like
    Some very nice custom cars.
    Thanks for video.
    Cheers,
    Dave

GTM # 294 Build Start Date 10/12/2009,
    2000 C5 Donor, LS-1 Twin Turbo, AC/Heat, G50-20.02 6 speed, Brandwood Cable shifter
    Build site. http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dfraser/

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve & Frank's GTM.jpg

You Guys missed a great party!