BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 818R Edited Pic with Windshield

Post Thanks / Like

Cool 818R Edited Pic with Windshield

I was curious what the 818R might look like with a windshield so I added one from an earlier CAD image from FFR. My edit is not perfect but you get the idea. I know FFR is going to make it even nicer. In a few weeks we will get to see the real completed 818. (Will Be MUCH better than my edits!) But until then...

Dave,

Thank you for letting us get a peek at the 818 build prior to SEMA.

Congratulations to Jim & the entire team at FFR. Great Job!

Cheers!

FFR 818R Windshield.jpg

P.S. I am keeping my edit(s) out of the SEMA Updates thread so as not to discourage the flow of REAL pictures...
    The 818 will make you feel like superman
    ... which you are not ...
    And will send you into the afterlife quicker than anything if you think you are
    ... to the sound of Darwin laughing

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool, wonder if they'll use an oem windshield.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great minds...

I did these last night but also didn't want to show them in the main thread...

Hardtop with sideviews (I don't necessarily love the mirrors; I grabbed the first ones that could be added easily):

My personal favorite:

My favorite in R form:

Tried some foglights:

Mike

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work guys
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work Hiryu,

Blacked out areas could even be implied by black vinyl (or faux black honeycomb, etc...) if you decide you don't want to catch that much air.

Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    I like those Porsche / ferrari scuderia esque front end vents.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiryu View Post
    Great minds...

I did these last night but also didn't want to show them in the main thread...

Hardtop with sideviews (I don't necessarily love the mirrors; I grabbed the first ones that could be added easily):

My personal favorite:

Mike
    God, that just goes to show how awful that front clip is. It looks like a cheap body kit. I wonder how difficult it would be to modify it into something closer to the second photo, assuming FFR doesn't fix the design.

Post Thanks / Like
    THANK YOU! This is what I wanted to see but I made the error of asking for it in the wrong thread. My decision is final based on pic #2.

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    FFR-ADV,

I like your rendering of the blacked out areas but that would require some remolding wouldn't it? I think you changed the shape and direction of one of the contours in the nose peice. It really denotes an "attitude" to the front profile! Thanks, WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    It can be done without modding. For example, the mid-height lip extending into the blacked out areas on both sides, fading to a point some 4" before the brake ducts.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like how you also edited the rendering hung on the wall in the background.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I can't believe how much different the windshield frame changes the look of the whole car. It reminds me of some of those road racers. the coupes look like a different car than the open cockpit versions but they are sometimes identical in body shape. I bet the coupe will be amazing. One deadline at a time, I guess. WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    This is what it reminds me of. Ferrari 599XX.

Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    It's definitely Ferrari-esque with the facia blacked out.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, nice touch editing the 818 banner as well...

Post Thanks / Like
    The big scoops on the side won't serve any purpose. Aerodynamically, they would just be small parachutes. They could be faux scoops with blacked out panels. Many companies do this. The Focus, for instance, has a big front grill, but probably 70% of it is blanked off. In my opinion though, faux blanked off scoops only look good at further than say, 30 feet. Any closer, and they just look cheesy to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can we get one with a real-world ride height?

Post Thanks / Like
    I raised up the road-going versions a few inches from the "slammed" images...Should it be higher?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

New nose, scoops, etc, etc.

Fiberglass, polyester resin, epoxy resin, etc, etc, can be fairly easy to work with. For example, you can carve whatever you want out of foam plastic, cover with fiberglass (or other cloth) and soak with epoxy resin. You than remove the foam core with acetone. The surface finish is standard automotive putties and paint.

Boat supply and homebuilt aircraft sources carry a lot of this stuff. See: Epoxyworks.com for a lot of articles.

John
    Last edited by Racebrewer; 10-02-2012 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Added

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skullandbones View Post
    FFR-ADV,

I like your rendering of the blacked out areas but that would require some remolding wouldn't it? I think you changed the shape and direction of one of the contours in the nose peice. It really denotes an "attitude" to the front profile! Thanks, WEK.
    Hi skullandbones,

I think you are referring to Hiryu's artwork. I kicked the thread off with just a simple addition of the windshield.

Some of the effects he is showing could be implied with black paint or vinyl or even faux black honeycomb with a similar effect to the Ferrari 599XX picture from Mechie3. Some might customize by aggresive cutting or even molding new parts. There are so many options to customize and make your 818 unique fitting different time and money budgets. I expect we will see more options from creative folks like Vman, Rodney and Xabier in the forum not to mention the myriad of performance upgrades and options.

Personally, I am looking forward to seeing the varied builds at FFRs open houses in the coming years.

I am excited about the photos and videos which will start flowing from SEMA and would love to see a few more build photos along the way.

Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

Shut up and take my money! This bumper should be an optional bumper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Etos View Post

Shut up and take my money! This bumper should be an optional bumper. Holy crap does it blow the FFR one out of the water!
    Yeah it does!!!

Oppps. Credit where credit is due. Sorry, Hiryu. Good work. WEK.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hiryu, your front end is perfect. Nice work!

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the current FFR bumper, but this one is definitely HOF material!!!! It really gives the car an amazing look!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Hiryu for my new desktop wallpaper

Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully it will be easy to change out the front bumper to where someone offers different front ends or it is easy to mod so that we who want to have the car give off an "attitude" we can

Post Thanks / Like
    It probably wouldn't take much to modify it to look like Hiryu's idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Wow! I keep going back to compare the original shot with the blacked out one. Your eye is pulled down below the headlights in the blacked out version and it adds some definition to the headlights and makes the hood look like it dips more in the middle. I know it doesn't really but it's freaky the way it changes your perspective. I think FFR will get an opportunity to dress up the front and create some of the HOF factor on their own (I'm sure they will) but this is pretty cool to see the possibilities that are out there.

It's meaner looking than the Ferrari but I would love it with the Ferrari grille work! WEK.