BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: www.myraceshop.com

Post Thanks / Like

www.myraceshop.com

OK, so it looks like I'm not alone in not being able to be an "official" vendor yet, so I'll go ahead and post what I have to offer GTM builders over here too.

Like many of you have done while building your GTMs, as I have developed some parts, I also decided that it would be nice to offer these parts in a "kit" form so as others have a simple way to fix the issues myself and others have already addressed.

To that end, as well as offering some of the other racing hard to find parts that I use, I started My Race Shop LLC.

You will find these items currently available at www.myraceshop.com:

GTM Tail Light Kit- Pretty much a racing part, but can also be adapted to street use. These lights are completely DOT approved and have a custom mounting system for the GTM.

Alignment Shim Kit- Allows easy, repeatable adjustments to the GTM suspension, eliminates the cam bolt "creep", and allows more caster to be "dialed in" than the cam bolt setup.

Heater Bypass Valve Kit- This "upgrade" goes into the heater circuit, eliminates the standard Heater Control Valve, and keeps fluid flowing at all times back to the engine. This is important because some have reported that the thermostat does not work properly unless the car is driven right away after startup, and not having continuous flow, even when flow is cut off to the heater core, can result in engine overheating due to the thermostat not opening.

Stub Axle Conversion Kit- Allows the use of "off the shelf" components in the rear axles, making them stronger, easier to work on/repair, and cheaper in the long run.

Future items on the drawing board include:

Header Tank Kit- This works in conjunction with the Heater Bypass Valve upgrade kit to insure that the engine does not go into an overheat condition by giving the air that inevitably ends up trying to escape from the head vent tubes a place to go that is higher than both the engine head vents and the original Corvette header tank that is mounted in the front of the GTM. Also allows removal of the front tank so that valuable space is freed up in the front of the GTM. This kit is 90% developed, but needs the HBV Kit to be well proven before adding this element for a complete packaged solution to potential heating system problems. Should be available in the next month or two

Electric Power Steering Kit- This is a package that will allow the GTM builder to add power steering using the circuitry developed by fellow builder eeeny. This circuitry allows the installer to set the power steering assist to the speed of the car so that less assist is being used when the car is going faster, and more assist is available at slower speeds. At the moment Ian and I have only discussed offering his circuitry for this, but in keeping with the theme of making it easy for installers/builders, I am also looking into offering a package deal which would include everything needed to convert a "standard" steering car over to power steering. Let me know what you guys want. The circuitry only would run around $80-$100, but the complete kit could end up well over $2000 as the components are not cheap, especially if they are all new. Again, let me know what you guys would prefer, and I will try and make it happpen.

That's all for now, although there are always potential new products popping up as we run into situations/problems.

Let me know if you guys have any performance items that I or Ted, or anyone else for that matter, have not already addressed, and I will try to come up with a solution.

Thanks,

Crash

BTW- I am 100% behind Ted and what he offers on his site. These are GREAT solutions to some of the other issues facing builders like leaking fuel crossover tube, and possible breakage of the rear shock mounts to name just two. I understand Ted and Co have a couple other new products in the works as well, and can't wait to see them debut. We each have our areas/issues that we cover, and between the two companies we should be able to offer the GTM builders pretty good coverage of known issues. Again, if you guys come up with something else that is an issue, and there are enough that would like a "kit" solution, we will address it.

Then there's Shane too. Of course a great source for some other great products as well.
    Last edited by crash; 02-27-2011 at 04:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Crash if you look on thefront page right now you you will see a link to the advertiser discussion. Can we put you down for gold, silver or bronze? If you want gold or silver you will need some banner art. The advertiser link page is going up in the next day or two...

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you.

I am now in the que for becoming a bronze sponsor/vendor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Electric Power Steering Kit- This is a package that will allow the GTM builder to add power steering using the circuitry developed by fellow builder eeeny. This circuitry allows the installer to set the power steering assist to the speed of the car so that less assist is being used when the car is going faster, and more assist is available at slower speeds. At the moment Ian and I have only discussed offering his circuitry for this, but in keeping with the theme of making it easy for installers/builders, I am also looking into offering a package deal which would include everything needed to convert a "standard" steering car over to power steering. Let me know what you guys want. The circuitry only would run around $80-$100, but the complete kit could end up well over $2000 as the components are not cheap, especially if they are all new. Again, let me know what you guys would prefer, and I will try and make it happpen.
    This system works well. eeeny turned me on to the Toyota pump setup and the electronics and I think my car was the first to use and road test it. Pretty trick setup he developed. You do need to keep the pump in the upper RPM's to get the required flow, so selecting a rack with a slightly stiffer T bar (AGR 165 may be good) and spinning the pump near its upper range will keep it responsive to quick steering inputs.

Good luck with the business Mike.
    Mk4 Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showthread.php?141-David-s-Mk4-Build-Thread

GTM Project Build site: http://www.gtmbuild.com

Few Cool GTM Parts: http://www.gtmbuild.com/parts.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    Crash if you look on thefront page right now you you will see a link to the advertiser discussion. Can we put you down for gold, silver or bronze? If you want gold or silver you will need some banner art. The advertiser link page is going up in the next day or two...

Ok....I've looked all over for this and I'm not finding it.....not to hijack your thread here, Crash, but can someone link me to the page you're talking about for advertising on this forum?
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC View Post
    Ok....I've looked all over for this and I'm not finding it.....not to hijack your thread here, Crash, but can someone link me to the page you're talking about for advertising on this forum?
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rs-Information

More details and a dedicated link coming tomorrow!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    No problem Shane. Lord knows I get off on tangents in others threads...frequently!

Anyway, I have found this forum to be a little different. I click on the "Forum" button in order to get to the main index. If you do that and then go to "general discussions" you will find the vendor tab. I just found it today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    Thank you.

I am now in the que for becoming a bronze sponsor/vendor.

Are you sure you only want to go Bronze..........Fran is going silver.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen a bunch of posts referencing the power steering conversion. Jason from FF has been really helpful with the Rack (Mustang GT Power Rack) which I found fairly cheap. I've got the steering column adapter and tie rod extensions coming from FF. Can anyone help me with what MR2 pump has worked? What year? Any other specs on the pump I need to look for? Crash, can you give us some specs on the kit you're developing so those of us who are creating our own can move on this? Thanks. Great info.

Post Thanks / Like

MR2 Pump

[QUOTE=dreabrown;11599] Can anyone help me with what MR2 pump has worked? What year? Any other specs on the pump I need to look for?

dreabrown...The GTM wizards speced out the 2001 to 2005 electric MR2 pump. I found a used 2002 unit on e-Bay. Try to find one with the electrical pigtails. These bad boys ain't cheap...hate to see the price of a new one.

Crash...Just providing info...no thread hijack intended. Kitting these things would be a great help.

Karl
    GTM #362
    Last edited by kaloper; 03-20-2011 at 10:55 PM. Reason: brain damage

Post Thanks / Like
    kaloper- No issue with me. The important thing is that the builder get what he needs. I don't have a kit ready at this point, although the control boards look like they are on the way, so I will probably just sell it as a DIY type of thing offering just the boards for awhile.

I am busy putting the Header Tank/ Heater Bypass Valve kit together, along with a couple other MAJOR projects, so it will probably be awhile before I get to the PS complete kit.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dreabrown View Post
    I've seen a bunch of posts referencing the power steering conversion. Jason from FF has been really helpful with the Rack (Mustang GT Power Rack) which I found fairly cheap. I've got the steering column adapter and tie rod extensions coming from FF. Can anyone help me with what MR2 pump has worked? What year? Any other specs on the pump I need to look for? Crash, can you give us some specs on the kit you're developing so those of us who are creating our own can move on this? Thanks. Great info.

If you do a search, you should find extensive information. I know I documented it fairly well, as well as eeeny who was the first to do this.

David
    Mk4 Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showthread.php?141-David-s-Mk4-Build-Thread

GTM Project Build site: http://www.gtmbuild.com

Few Cool GTM Parts: http://www.gtmbuild.com/parts.htm