Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Everything you ever wanted to know about CoPart.com

Post Thanks / Like
    And if you HAPPEN (yeah, right) to find one in Eugene Oregon, I'd be happy to have a look at it for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen a lot of posts about bidding on Copart through one of their recommended vendors - especially posts from people getting burned by companies who wont return the deposits. I signed up with Sanders Auto, which is one of the Copart recommended sites. For a $25 fee (3 months) and a $400 deposit, they will assign a license to you so you can bid - LIVE - on the Copart site. It was very easy to sign up. They have a very professional website. I used it and was able to bid on Copart just like everyone else. I did not win my auctions and ended up finding my donor on craigslist, so I can not comment on the Copart auction fees or any of the delivery problems others experienced. Just wanted to say that my experience with Sanders was good and they refunded my $400 deposit with no problems -- Refunded it the same day I asked.

I can't recall if Sanders charges any additional fees if you win the auction, so check that out. It is all pretty clear on their site. Just wanted to share that it seems like a safe place to do business with. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I am bidding and it keeps going up

Dr. any way you can give me a call or email me, I am in the last 20 hours and this thing keeps going up and up, I can't help but suspect that somebody is calling by bluff. But is there bid snipe of similar? how do I prevent this from getting away into expensive crazy territory, bidding on the last moment?

Ideas.

W
    C

Quote Originally Posted by DrAwender View Post
    I highly recommend you only buy from yards that you personally can inspect or know someone who will for you. I also recommend that you personally pick up your car. I have had had 2 different cars that the forklift driver broke the oil pan and a good friend of mine had one that fell off of the Forklift (we got to eat the extra cost NOT CoPart). If the damage is sever you MAY be able to get your money back. Once the car leaves the yard, its yours even if you had a CoPart transport company deliver it.

Pre-bidding is a waste of time and only brings the cost needlessly up.

There are many brokers you can find through CoPart. I am also a broker if you need one. Most brokers charge about the same... $150-200 membership fee, $200 buyer fee, Refundable $400 deposit to open an account. Remember these are ON TOP of the CoPart fees. If you win an auction (known as a "lot"), most brokers will require a cash or wire transfer of the full amount with in 24 hours. They will then take their fees out and forward the rest to CoPart. You then have 5 business days to pick up or have it picked up before daily storage fees start. Typically if you go through a broker, it will take several hours AFTER they receive payment before they will forward the rest of the payment to CoPart. So no, don't go to the yard the same day you won a lot to pick it up. If you have a commercial account with CoPart then this does not apply.

I have bought 10 vehicles through CoPart. Only lost my *** on one... Lets just say thats a $4000.00 mistake I wont make again!

J

Post Thanks / Like
    Know what you're willing to spend, and bail when the auction goes over it. I bid on a few dozen cars before I finally won one at a price I was willing to bear. Several were right back up on the block the next week, including a few where I was the high-bidder...because the seller is allowed to reject your WINNING bid in all but the "Pure Sale" category. It is surely an exercise in frustration, but be patient and wait for a good deal.

If you absolutely HAVE to get a donor right now, you can probably find one on craigslist for a little more money and a lot less headache.

I also considered buying an engine/harness separately and picking up an N/A impresa because those go DIRT cheap on Copart...couple hundred bucks, for real.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12