Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: SAVE THE DATE!!! 2013 FFR HB show and Motorsports weekend! 4/26-4/28

Post Thanks / Like

SAVE THE DATE!!! 2013 FFR HB show and Motorsports weekend! 4/26-4/28

Folks, this year we wanted to get the word out early because we'll be taking the Huntington Beach Show to a whole new level. We want folks from all over coming to this so we've created a fun weekend to plan your vacations around. We've got a cruise, BBQs, The Cruise In on Main St, a specially hosted museum tour, and, wait for it........... a chance to race your cars for time on a real track!!

So, lots going planning-wise for us right now and we're really looking forward to this being a world class event. So Save the date and tell your boss (real boss or other) you'll be gone! More details to come.

Erik
    Last edited by ehansen007; 01-26-2013 at 03:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Erik- Thanks for getting this out early! We'll be making the trek from the greater Phoenix, AZ area. I'll be caravaning with Mesa Mike- You know, the HB DJ!

Thanks,
    Will
    FFR MK III picked up 9/24/05 Roller 9/28/05 First start & go-cart 11/28/05 red w/white stripes, PC Chassis, heat/defrost, FFR 15's, pwr footbox vents, radio delete, dual quad 427W, 4 link w/3.27's, Koni's all around, Gen 1 rag top, snapless tonneau, Herb's door panels, NRC rear discs, Breeze head rest, ********** emblems, Paint by Gino's in Rowley, MA
    2011 ffcars.com calendar Cover Car Yes, that's me in the avatar with Dave Smith in front of my roadster at the '06 FFR Open House!

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I "stickied" this so it doesn't get lost....

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    I have locked those dates in!

Post Thanks / Like
    It's working!!! LOL Glad to see it.

Post Thanks / Like

Huntington Beach Or Bust!

I will be coming out ....all the waaay from Massachusetts! Kelly and I are looking forward to it. We will have my MKIII roadster and hope to spend some time driving the PCH!! as well as attending the # 1 FFR event on the west coast.

No, I am not driving my roadster.... I have a friend who will haul it out there for me.... He will remain nameless .. but he has a 7 car hauler that will be heading that way anyway.
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Already made my hotel reservations.....

Ray

PS: There is a nice hotel about 20-minutes from the pier with plenty of parking and room for trailers if anyone is interested. It's a Holiday Inn located at 7000 Beach Blvd.
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFinisher View Post
    I will be coming out ....all the waaay from Massachusetts! Kelly and I are looking forward to it. We will have my MKIII roadster and hope to spend some time driving the PCH!! as well as attending the # 1 FFR event on the west coast.

No, I am not driving my roadster.... I have a friend who will haul it out there for me.... He will remain nameless .. but he has a 7 car hauler that will be heading that way anyway.
    If you're coming from Massachusetts I might as well mosey on over there from Kentucky!

Post Thanks / Like
    Had another meeting yesterday with the FFR team and it's looking awesome! We're finalizing some details so we can be sure to post up on the FFR website in January for registration. It's really only 5 months away which is crazy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ehansen007 View Post
    Had another meeting yesterday with the FFR team and it's looking awesome! We're finalizing some details so we can be sure to post up on the FFR website in January for registration. It's really only 5 months away which is crazy.

I am very Excited to attend, it will be an awesome event!
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    Last year was outstanding. looking foward to this next one!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    This has been on my mind a lot lately. The layout this year will be outstanding. A FULL weekend of fun in the sun! If you haven't done so already, make plans to attend this year, it's gonna be a great event! Erik has been busy designing a T-shirt and I am working on a special do-dad of my own.

I hope you can join us!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm there! Hoping to bring the new Coyote Competition Coupe, and maybe the Hot Rod if I can figure out how to get two cars there and convince my wife to drive. Should be a hoot!
    -T
    Coyote powered Daytona Coupe Competition Racecar #21
    Challenge series #21
    FFR 33 Hot Rod
    2009 3rd place NorCal series
    2010 3rd place West Coast series
    2011 2nd place NorCal, 2nd place West Coast Series, 3rd place WERC class E1

Post Thanks / Like
    We're in . . . wouldn't miss it for anything . . . driving down Friday, stayin' till Monday. This is the one premier event I will not miss. When does registration start up?
    Already starting on the "winter Mods" so she's ready for the California sun. Except today, it's 25° in Vegas right now.

Doc

Post Thanks / Like
    we will be there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Registration should be put up here in the next week or two. I'm working with Dave and Sally to finalize.

e

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be there. I am looking forward to getting on the track with Erik.
    F5R1006211RD, Blue Granite Metallic with Titan Silver Stripes by Jeff Miller (Batman)
    4.6 SOHC, 3.73 R&P, 3 Link W/Koni's, 17x9 Cobra R's with 255 45zr 17 BFG Tires, Champ Pan

Post Thanks / Like
    I just went to the track yesterday to work out the logistics and man this is going to be fun! It's a classic track for sure. The pit row has room for up to 70 cars but we'll only be taking 50. We've already got a couple of sponsors for the raffle too! Stay tuned for more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Very cool, Erik! Glad to see so many of our forum friends will be at HB this year....We're gonna have some serious fun!!!!ll

Karen
    #28 FFR Challenge Series
    #28 FFR Type-65 Coupe
    2011 Western Endurance Racing Championship
    2010 West Coast Champion
    Drive it.....Like you stole it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Things are definitely moving along. The HB inter-department event meeting is confirmed for early next month and the Registration page is on Dave Lindsey's to-do list. We will be actively recruiting ALL C-Car replicas this year so look for an invite thread on ClubCobra.com as soon as the registration site is active. If you know owners of other replicas (or originals!) make sure they know this event is open to them!

The HB event committee will also be meeting soon to finalize the NEW MAIN STREET / PIER PLAZA LAYOUT for this year's event!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)