Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Front Sway Bar mount

Trick Tool Maker, Super Moderator Hankl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Front Sway Bar mount

Hi Gang,

It's been a while since I last post on my Coupe, but here's a update. I had seen the way Don Vought had mounted his front sway bar, and it made sense for my configuration to do the same(more to follow on that).

I drilled two different diameter holes on the 4" tube, outer one is 2" and the inner one is 1 1/2". I had turned the ID of the 2" tube to accept a 1 5/8" bushing, and then turned the other end to fit a piece of 1 1/2" DOM .120 wall
    tube for the inner cutout. I did the two different diameters to save a little weight, and just to be different! Here are the before and after pics.

The mount tacked in place with the bushing inserted.

I had installed the sway bar with all of the hardware to align everything in place, shims were used on the OD of the sway bar to make sure the inner and outer holes were concentric.
    Here the inner side is tacked in.

Inner section TIGed in and finish ground.

Outer mount TIGed in.

Hopefully I'll be able to finish the rear IRS mods that Jake has already done, and catch up with his Coupe. Have a good weekend!!

Hank
    “If you didn’t have enough time to do it right the first time. How come you always have time to go back and do it again?” FFR1000186CP

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Your welding work really looks nice.
    I like these sway bar setups thru the frame like that. Very cool
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, off to PAINT 2/15/14!! Wahoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    That's really cool, Hank. It looks like you are TIG welding with some authority there!

Trick Tool Maker, Super Moderator Hankl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hey Jake,

I'm trying to get back into working on the suspension, making the jigs for the Knuckle mounts tomorrow at school. This student thing really cuts into building time!!

Hank
    “If you didn’t have enough time to do it right the first time. How come you always have time to go back and do it again?” FFR1000186CP

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.