Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fender flares

Post Thanks / Like

Fender flares

I just wanted to see if anyone makes these flares in the attached picture? I like the wider stance but I think they would be perfect if molded in.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I would say try Superformance, it looks like their coupe. But I think they stopped production of the coupe. Didn't see parts available on their website.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I don't know of anyone who makes fenders for the coupe. I had to make my own molds for what I wanted for fenders. I took my look from a picture of an original.

d
    Currently I have no plans to make them for anyone else, but I do have the molds. But I hope that what I did allows for others to be inspired.
    Type 65 Coupe Builder / Coupe Parts Vendor

Websites:
    myCoupe Build
    F5Registry

Post Thanks / Like
    Found them but I dont know it you can buy them?

http://www.carsbyexotic.com/modules....rrent_projects

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, The guy sent me some pictures. I don't think a coupe can look much better. They are based on the SPF one and he didn't make molds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RonSchofield View Post
    I don't know of anyone who makes fenders for the coupe. I had to make my own molds for what I wanted for fenders. I took my look from a picture of an original.

d
    Currently I have no plans to make them for anyone else, but I do have the molds. But I hope that what I did allows for others to be inspired.
    Where are you putting your fuel cap?

Post Thanks / Like
    Edited, I see where the OP preferred to mold them in.

Off on a tangent, bolt on's as pictured are a joke. The whole genre of bolting on a performance look comes from making underperforming stock sedans into racing cars. They still don't have the overall capability of a supercar. Just the premise.

I don't see that anyone was alluding to that sort of performance enhancements.
    Last edited by tirod; 11-26-2012 at 09:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Made_In_America View Post
    Where are you putting your fuel cap?
    That top photo was the bottom one mirrored.

But to show you where my fuel door is.

and myCoupe with lots of body mods.

Websites:
    myCoupe Build
    F5Registry

Post Thanks / Like
    Well after trading emails with the guy who made those Le Mans Coupes he said he is interested in making them for FFR cars. He said that he stopped making them for the SPF cars because it was too expensive to buy and modify them. He mentioned that many FF guys in the past had wanted them so if the demand is there he would consider it in the new year. They are made of fiberglass so they can easily be molded on.

Ron, I like the modern fuel door man. The more I look at the builds the more ideas I thought were my own have been done already lol. I dig the restomod style though. Salute to the old but make way for the new.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Ron, I like the modern fuel door man. The more I look at the builds the more ideas I thought were my own have been done already lol. I dig the restomod style though. Salute to the old but make way for the new.
    Thanks. Just don't look at my myCoupe Build blog. You will never get finished if you use any of my ideas. Tonight I finished making my 25th and 26th fiberglass piece for myCoupe. That doesn't count the 20+ molds that I had to make in producing them.

Spoiler: Here is my interior.

Websites:
    myCoupe Build
    F5Registry

Post Thanks / Like
    Yah, I really like that. I was planning on making one like the SPF coupe because the FFR one looks to flat and boring. It just doesn't fit for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lots of stuff to like about Ron's Coupe. Once I saw the mods, I knew other things were possible, too. Bumping the gauge cluster up into a higher cell to see the dials thru the wheel is another I've considered. That spread looks a bit GT40-ish, the glove box has lines like a Mustang Grande. Nah, it can't be that easy - just cut and section up older dashboards to suit? Am I thinking straight, or, oh, wait, no breakfast, need my meds . . .

Nonetheless the germ of the idea continues to wiggle it's way into my subconscious, who knows what dashboard could come from this.

FFR Rookie Craftsman
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howdy,

Wow, The guy sent me some pictures. I don't think a coupe can look much better. They are based on the SPF one and he didn't make molds.
    I like the looks of the blue coupe but not the red one.

JMO

Paul
    FFR 4859GT 414W (stroked 351W, 4.0" stroke, 4.060" bore). Tremec TKO 5spd. IRS w/3.55 and Torsen diff. 13" dual-piston front disc brakes (Mustang Cxxxra parts), 12" rear disc brakes (Corvette parts). 2003 Mustang Coxxa wheels, 275/40 front, 315/35 rear.

Possibly the only person in the world that is currently building a Spyder GT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

I like the looks of the blue coupe but not the red one.

JMO

Paul
    Same car and build except the red one has no splitter, different wheels, and double side pipes? Here is another of his:

Post Thanks / Like
    This isn't about the flares but does the SPF Coupe have a larger/rounder hood bubble too it (not sure what you would call it exactly) over the FFR? I am looking at the two and I see some things I might want to cross over the FFR if I get one. The SPF seems to have a little more refinement and the FFR seems a bit more period correct but I am no expert by far. I have just been looking at pics of the originals vs FFR vs SPF.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have just been looking at pics of the originals vs FFR vs SPF.
    While similar all three are quite different than one another when you start focusing on various areas. The FFR is more true to the originals but still had liberties taken. The SPF especially varies in the cabin with a much more rounded roof and the accomodations for roll up windows. To my eye they look a little "blown up" or inflated in comparison to the other two. There is not a bad one in the bunch but FWIW I actually think the FFR is the most handsome.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    While similar all three are quite different than one another when you start focusing on various areas. The FFR is more true to the originals but still had liberties taken. The SPF especially varies in the cabin with a much more rounded roof and the accomodations for roll up windows. To my eye they look a little "blown up" or inflated in comparison to the other two. There is not a bad one in the bunch but FWIW I actually think the FFR is the most handsome.

Jeff
    I agree with everything Jeff has stated. I too prefer the look of the Factory Five, as it looks closest to the original for me. I never cared for the inflated look of the SPF coupe, the gas cap on the wrong side, and if I recall, the side pipes did not function, they had undercar exhaust. I also think SPF stopped production of the coupe.
    Here's a link to Peter Brock's website for some "accessories".
    http://www.bre2.net/mm5/merchant.mvc...ory_Code=Super
    Rob

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys. I'm not going for a period correct coupe but more of a hybrid version of my own. I want to start with the FFR kit but I have noticed some SPF design changes I would like to add to mine. Fist would be a rounder and slightly taller dome on the hood. Although not period correct I think the one on the SPF flows much better with the cars curves. Next would be actual side glass and power windows if possible. I am defiantly not a fan of the sliding window or quarter scoop. I also would like to round off the front corner of the side window like the SPF car. Thats just another one of those small subtle changes I think fit the car better. I'm not sure about the roof line but I might round it off just a hair more. Not as much as the SPF cars but we will see.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The beauty of building your own! Freedom to choose what you want.

Post Thanks / Like
    True statement I also learned that Superformance had Peter Brock himself design their coupe to be a modern rendition instead of a replica. That information might be known but I just thought that was interesting as I am catching up on some history. I like to research things thoroughly I guess.