Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Is a years worth of Eye Candy worth $25?

Post Thanks / Like

Is a years worth of Eye Candy worth $25?

I looked into doing the 2013 calendar. Richard put together a smoking deal last year I think he was able to do it for like $15 dollars including shipping.

Wish I could do that but is there any interest if my sister and I could do it for $19 plus $5-7 shipping?

I have a concept of what I would like to do for the month of April (see attached). It will be a pretty boring year for everyone but me if all the months had pictures of only our car. So I would need some more material I thought it would be pretty cool if we could get the cars that graduated in 2012. I would also like to put a little cool facts about the cars and their owners with the pictures. Build # would be cool? So if you are interested PM me. I think if we could get all the pictures to me by say Dec 10th we MIGHT be able to get these delivered by Christmas. Did I remember to say MIGHT?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that people would pay that or more to have their cars profiled in a calendar like that. Looks pretty good to me.

Wish mine was finished...

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure Steve

Ill buy one. There are 12 nice GTM pictures this year for sure.

Thanks for the effort.

John.
    XTF #2
    build start date June 19 2023

GTM # 344
    Build Start December 2010
    First track day April 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd buy at least one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys,
    it looks like there is some interest to buy some. Now I just need some cars. I have one volunteer and I'm working on another. That means I need 9 more of the sexiest cars in America to send me a pm. We're working on a little questionnaire for applicants to fill out if they want to. Or they can just send the pictures they would like us to consider.
    Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are too shy.

We need some more material. I think I need to have all the pictures and info by the 8th if we're going to have any chance at getting this done before Christmas.
    Believe it or not, ours is the only red car so far. I think last year nearly half the cars were red. Time are a changing. Or maybe red guys can't submit pictures?

PM me and I'll give you an E-mail address to send your pictures to.

Thanks
    Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Red cars are coming in now. I need 5 more volunteers. I would greatly appreciate volunteers with a Green, Grey, Yellow, Black and/or blue cars. Maybe a great Go Kart shot?

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not have some in the build stage also? I remember looking at Kemps, VD2021 and RumRunners pictures and saying that would be a great picture for a calendar. Clean builds with some great pictures. Just asking if other feel the same way?
    GTM #370
    Car was completed and I have SOLD my car
    http://edgemansgtm.weebly.com/index.html
    Doing what you like is freedom - liking what you do is happiness
    later,
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that's a great idea. Just pm me
    Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    You could see if FF would let you use some pics from their gallery.
    https://www.factoryfive.com/galleries/gtm-supercar/
    MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor. ABS, PS, TC.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3
    2000 C5 Lingenfelter LS1@489hp
    1999 Corvette FRC/Z06 track car

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Steve.

Let me know when you need the $$$ and how much, and I'll send it out right away. Thanks for going to the trouble of putting this together. Very Cool!

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Hi Steve.

Let me know when you need the $$$ and how much, and I'll send it out right away. Thanks for going to the trouble of putting this together. Very Cool!

Mike
    What he said. Either put it on the forum or PM me and let me know where to send the $. I'd love one of these calendars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Taz, You are one I'm afraid to send one to. You have some mad PS skills. Your tutorial is one of the best I've seen. ANYWHERE! I suspect you're not a recreational user?

The pictures sent to me were all over the place in resolution and content. I didn't want to use pictures with other cars or distractions in them and I want everyone's car to look great. So I did what I could. I'm one car away from submitting the cover page for everyone to see. I'm thinking I might ask permission and just pull some pictures from the Factory 5 gallery page. Unless someone will send me a yellow car tonight!!!! Then I'll direct the sales towards a pay pal account.

Thank you again for the tutorial and your interest.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Taz Rules View Post
    What he said. Either put it on the forum or PM me and let me know where to send the $. I'd love one of these calendars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sk7500 View Post
    Taz, You are one I'm afraid to send one to. You have some mad PS skills. Your tutorial is one of the best I've seen. ANYWHERE! I suspect you're not a recreational user?

The pictures sent to me were all over the place in resolution and content. I didn't want to use pictures with other cars or distractions in them and I want everyone's car to look great. So I did what I could. I'm one car away from submitting the cover page for everyone to see. I'm thinking I might ask permission and just pull some pictures from the Factory 5 gallery page. Unless someone will send me a yellow car tonight!!!! Then I'll direct the sales towards a pay pal account.

Thank you again for the tutorial and your interest.

Steve
    First, thanks very much for the compliment. (Actually, I am a recreational photoshopper). I'm really happy that the tutorial was appreciated. I was worried that maybe it was a bit too long.

As for the calendar, don't be afraid. When you get images from others, its a case of you get what you get. I know the effort, time and work that goes into such a project, and I appreciate the time you are taking to do this.
    Tell you what... if you're still afraid, I'll make this promise...I will not judge until I get my own GTM and it is finished and driving. Until then, you get a totally free pass. Deal?

If there's an image you really want take a look at, PM me, but do it fast. I'm around til the 19th, and then I'm away until the new year.

PS...off topic... I'm hoping to get my confirmation this week from the local college. I've applied to the Autobody Prep and Painting certification program. I figured why not tie the career change to the dream car?