The Puerto Rico half mile event was held yesterday. I wasn't able to attend the event for the whole day as I had to work. I had to leave around one o'clock so I missed most of the fastest runs of the day. The winner was a Toyota Supra that made a run of 197 MPH. Second place was taken by a Nissan GT-R that ran 188 MPH. Both cars have over a 1000WHP each. Actually the Supra is a tad over 1300WHP. I was able to do just one run in my car as I had to leave early. I'm quite pleased with the speed I posted. I ran 142 MPH and I'm sure it could have been a bit better if I could have done a few more runs. I messed up the launch spinning the tires too much, stepped off the gas and back on again. The engine went below its power sweet spot but then it just leaped forward. After that I miss shifted second gear and lost some time there too. I really need to get to know the car better. The rest of the run was fine the car pulled really hard all the way to the half mile mark. There were two things I was concerned about doing this first high speed run on the car. One was how would the lower radiator aluminum panel hold at high speeds with the steel tube I added to reinforce it. I'm happy to report that it held perfectly. My other concern was the amount of lift the car might produce at the front end at high speeds. There was NONE!!! The car felt solidly planted at the track during the run. The brakes, The brakes were just unbelievable. The car stopped in less than half the distance I expected it to. Great job FFR on designing such a great car!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't have the fastest car there but I sure did have one of the most beautiful cars there. There was another GTM there and a Roadster. Peoples reaction when they saw the cars was amazing. I talked to a few guys there and many of them couldn't believe this is a component car. The parking spot they assigned me was between a black GT-R a white Ferrari F430 and a black Mercedes SLR. People would just walk right by them to take pictures of the car or just get pictures of them standing by the GTM.

At one point a friend that was there told me to start the car and rev it up as he wanted to hear the engine. I did and people just started walking there from all over the place. Here is a video someone took. Notice how his hand shakes the first time I revved up the engine.....Yes its that loud, scary loud!!!!

Some pictures of the event

Joel's beautiful roadster in the back ground.