Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: PR Half Mile Event

Post Thanks / Like

PR Half Mile Event

The Puerto Rico half mile event was held yesterday. I wasn't able to attend the event for the whole day as I had to work. I had to leave around one o'clock so I missed most of the fastest runs of the day. The winner was a Toyota Supra that made a run of 197 MPH. Second place was taken by a Nissan GT-R that ran 188 MPH. Both cars have over a 1000WHP each. Actually the Supra is a tad over 1300WHP. I was able to do just one run in my car as I had to leave early. I'm quite pleased with the speed I posted. I ran 142 MPH and I'm sure it could have been a bit better if I could have done a few more runs. I messed up the launch spinning the tires too much, stepped off the gas and back on again. The engine went below its power sweet spot but then it just leaped forward. After that I miss shifted second gear and lost some time there too. I really need to get to know the car better. The rest of the run was fine the car pulled really hard all the way to the half mile mark. There were two things I was concerned about doing this first high speed run on the car. One was how would the lower radiator aluminum panel hold at high speeds with the steel tube I added to reinforce it. I'm happy to report that it held perfectly. My other concern was the amount of lift the car might produce at the front end at high speeds. There was NONE!!! The car felt solidly planted at the track during the run. The brakes, The brakes were just unbelievable. The car stopped in less than half the distance I expected it to. Great job FFR on designing such a great car!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't have the fastest car there but I sure did have one of the most beautiful cars there. There was another GTM there and a Roadster. Peoples reaction when they saw the cars was amazing. I talked to a few guys there and many of them couldn't believe this is a component car. The parking spot they assigned me was between a black GT-R a white Ferrari F430 and a black Mercedes SLR. People would just walk right by them to take pictures of the car or just get pictures of them standing by the GTM.

At one point a friend that was there told me to start the car and rev it up as he wanted to hear the engine. I did and people just started walking there from all over the place. Here is a video someone took. Notice how his hand shakes the first time I revved up the engine.....Yes its that loud, scary loud!!!!

Some pictures of the event

Joel's beautiful roadster in the back ground.
    GenII GTM #354
    Delivered (02/09/11)

Post Thanks / Like
    GenII GTM #354
    Delivered (02/09/11)

Post Thanks / Like
    GenII GTM #354
    Delivered (02/09/11)

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hey Kempo,

How would you fare in a standing mile? Are you geared for a lot more speed? I guess this is one instance where there is no such thing as too much hp. Thanks for the pics and video. Pretty cool!!! WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    GenII GTM #354
    Delivered (02/09/11)

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by Kempo; 12-02-2012 at 11:56 AM.
    GenII GTM #354
    Delivered (02/09/11)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skullandbones View Post
    Hey Kempo,

How would you fare in a standing mile? Are you geared for a lot more speed? I guess this is one instance where there is no such thing as too much hp. Thanks for the pics and video. Pretty cool!!! WEK.
    It should be good in the standing mile but it definitely need more HP to be competitive at least with the Corvette guys here. I have a LS376/480 on my car and it only has 425 WHP and TQ. Most of the vette guys here have at least 600WHP. Other than that brake and aero wise there shouldn't be any issues. The Mendeola is geared to something like 215 MPH at 6200 RPMs in 5th so gearing should not be an issue either.
    Last edited by Kempo; 12-03-2012 at 06:33 AM.
    GenII GTM #354
    Delivered (02/09/11)

Post Thanks / Like
    This ones were taken by a local web magazine.

GTM revista.JPGGTM revista 2.JPGGTM revista 3.JPGGTM revista 4.JPG
    GenII GTM #354
    Delivered (02/09/11)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    H,

Very Cool.

Do you know what the results were for the other GTM? That's the one with the twin turbo set-up, right?
    R/s
    Vidal
    CURRENT STATUS: Interior Rework and Bodywork.
    GenII GTM #331. Delivered (23/9/10)
    BUILD LOG AND WEBSITE:
    http://gtmbuild.weebly.com/ .

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too cool!! I used to live there....where is it held?
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VD2021 View Post
    H,

Very Cool.

Do you know what the results were for the other GTM? That's the one with the twin turbo set-up, right?
    You are right Vidal, that one is the TT GTM. He wasn't able to do clean run. He was having issues with his transaxle popping out of gear. Probably just a matter of shifter cable adjustment problem but he wasn't able to work it out during the event. I estimate he might have been able to make a 150-160+ MPH run.

Quote Originally Posted by riptide motorsport View Post
    Too cool!! I used to live there....where is it held?

Riptide,
    It was held at the Aguadilla airport. That is the one located at the Ramey Air Force Base. Where did you used to live?
    GenII GTM #354
    Delivered (02/09/11)

Post Thanks / Like
    How did some of the other "stock" cars fair? 430....360....Gallardo....Corvetes.....ect....

What where they doing in the 1/2 mile?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalstar View Post
    How did some of the other "stock" cars fair? 430....360....Gallardo....Corvetes.....ect....

What where they doing in the 1/2 mile?
    Here are some speeds of the "stock" cars from the past event. They haven't posted saturday's results yet.

Audi R8 129.38

Lambo Gallardo 135.46

Lotus Evora 119.89

Ferrari F430 136.66

Chevy Camaro SS 133.21

Chevy Camaro SS 131.88

Shelby GT500 KR 136.36

Lexus IS-F 133.45

Those are the ones That I know are stock or almost stock. In this link are the results of June's event:

http://www.mr-bits.com/prhalfmile/pa...ne/resultados/
    GenII GTM #354
    Delivered (02/09/11)

Post Thanks / Like
    So cool. Looks like alot of fun. Your car looks real good next to the competition.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kempo View Post
    I was able to do just one run in my car as I had to leave early. I'm quite pleased with the speed I posted. I ran 142 MPH and I'm sure it could have been a bit better if I could have done a few more runs. I messed up the launch spinning the tires too much, stepped off the gas and back on again. The engine went below its power sweet spot but then it just leaped forward. After that I miss shifted second gear and lost some time there too. I really need to get to know the car better. The rest of the run was fine the car pulled really hard all the way to the half mile mark. There were two things I was concerned about doing this first high speed run on the car. One was how would the lower radiator aluminum panel hold at high speeds with the steel tube I added to reinforce it. I'm happy to report that it held perfectly. My other concern was the amount of lift the car might produce at the front end at high speeds. There was NONE!!! The car felt solidly planted at the track during the run. The brakes, The brakes were just unbelievable. The car stopped in less than half the distance I expected it to. Great job FFR on designing such a great car!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't have the fastest car there but I sure did have one of the most beautiful cars there. There was another GTM there and a Roadster. Peoples reaction when they saw the cars was amazing. I talked to a few guys there and many of them couldn't believe this is a component car. The parking spot they assigned me was between a black GT-R a white Ferrari F430 and a black Mercedes SLR. People would just walk right by them to take pictures of the car or just get pictures of them standing by the GTM.

At one point a friend that was there told me to start the car and rev it up as he wanted to hear the engine. I did and people just started walking there from all over the place. Here is a video someone took. Notice how his hand shakes the first time I revved up the engine.....Yes its that loud, scary loud!!!!
    LOL!!!

When you watch the video of my first start, you'll see that the same thing happened to me. When John fired the engine, I wasn't ready for how loud the explosion of that engine exhaust coming through the un-capped Kooks headers would be... Scared the crap out of me until I realized that the enigine didn't really explode... It's funny to me now though. My wife laughed at me from the first time she saw the video... And still does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ18w6NNyEc

Your car sounds great, looks great, and apparently handles great as well. Congratulations my friend.

Thanks for the first hand account of how the car runs and handles at speed. It's good information to know since our cars are set up pretty similarly.

Take Care,

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the pictures and video Hugo.

That looks like a really cool event.

With these events I think its always a good to compare cars that we know vs the GTM as there are so many variables that contribute and detract from top speed.

The fact that you were able to go out and do one just one run and beat factory super cars who had several runs says quite a lot.

Its also great to see GTMs out being driven .

Thanks for reporting on the event.
    John
    XTF #2
    build start date June 19 2023

GTM # 344
    Build Start December 2010
    First track day April 2013

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yo vivi en condominium El Monte, en Hato rey en 1985
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    LOL!!!

When you watch the video of my first start, you'll see that the same thing happened to me. When John fired the engine, I wasn't ready for how loud the explosion of that engine exhaust coming through the un-capped Kooks headers would be... Scared the crap out of me until I realized that the enigine didn't really explode... It's funny to me now though. My wife laughed at me from the first time she saw the video... And still does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ18w6NNyEc

Your car sounds great, looks great, and apparently handles great as well. Congratulations my friend.

Thanks for the first hand account of how the car runs and handles at speed. It's good information to know since our cars are set up pretty similarly.

Take Care,

Mike
    LOL that video and the one you have getting out of the car are very funny. Mike,the Genesis shocks from QRP that we have are awesome. With the spring rate and compression and rebound adjust ability my GTM's suspension is more comfortable than the one on my FD RX7. If you want the specs of the alignment I used PM me. I was worried about bump steer too but it isn't noticeable at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kabacj View Post
    Thanks for the pictures and video Hugo.

That looks like a really cool event.

With these events I think its always a good to compare cars that we know vs the GTM as there are so many variables that contribute and detract from top speed.

The fact that you were able to go out and do one just one run and beat factory super cars who had several runs says quite a lot.

Its also great to see GTMs out being driven .

Thanks for reporting on the event.
    John
    They posted the full results today. Looks like the organizers thinks the GTM is an exotic European car since they added them to the European domestic market category. Here is a link to the results.

http://www.prhalfmile.com/

Quote Originally Posted by riptide motorsport View Post
    Yo vivi en condominium El Monte, en Hato rey en 1985
    Cool,Hato Rey is a nice place with some horrible traffic.
    GenII GTM #354
    Delivered (02/09/11)

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Kempo. We have a family house in Aguadilla and my parents were just there a week ago dealing with contractors (I would have went if I knew about this event). When is the next event? Do you plan to participate again?

Post Thanks / Like
    They haven't announced the next date. They are usually held every 3-4 months. I do plan to participate in the next one. I will post the next date when they announce it.
    GenII GTM #354
    Delivered (02/09/11)

Post Thanks / Like
    Stage buddy how the he** are you? I still owe you that dinner and you owe me a ride in your beast. I take it that you are done with the monster. I'm getting close with mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Those are some awesome pics, Kempo. Thanks for taking the time to share them!