Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Donor in NJ $4800

Post Thanks / Like

Donor in NJ $4800

2003 Subaru WRX Turbo Wagon 5 Speed - $4800 (Flemington NJ 08822)

If I was closer to being ready to order, I'd really look at this one:

http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/3476368279.html

I sure would rather buy a running, driving car than a wrecked one. By the looks of the inspection sticker, it just passed a 2 year state inspection last month.
    FFR4958. IRS, 408W, Loud and fast!

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a pretty decent deal. Buy it and drive it until your ready to take it apart. That's what I am doing..
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blueoval_bowtie_guy View Post
    2003 Subaru WRX Turbo Wagon 5 Speed - $4800 (Flemington NJ 08822)

If I was closer to being ready to order, I'd really look at this one:

http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/3476368279.html

I sure would rather buy a running, driving car than a wrecked one. By the looks of the inspection sticker, it just passed a 2 year state inspection last month.
    Steve,

I'm going to look at this one in Pottstown some time next week. Tuning is not an issue if that is what it really needs.

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/3435695351.html

I recognize the shop it is parked at, they have a questionable reputation, so I am not 100% certain it's a deal or not.

Bill S.
    Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
    Tuning is not an issue if that is what it really needs.
    I think I see the tuning problem. He says it has 5 pistons. If you remove the redundant piston I bet it will run much better......
    Mike............

FFR2100 - 331 with KB supercharger - T5 - 5 link rear 3.08's and T2 Torsen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by michael everson View Post
    That's a pretty decent deal. Buy it and drive it until your ready to take it apart. That's what I am doing..
    Mike
    Mike, I would love a WRX wagon for a daily driver! I would go look at that one in a heartbeat except for one little problem.

I made a promise to my wife that I would not undertake the 818 until I get my basement/workshop cleaned up. MrMustang can really appreciate the amount of work that entails (he's seen it on several occasions!). Buying the car would be a step towards the 818 consequently Joan would consider buying it that I was breaking my promise.

We currently have six cars/trucks in our garage and driveway. My FFR Mark II, '06 GMC 3500 crew cab dually, '06 GMC Envoy, '04 Mazdaspeed Miata, '02 Miata, '98 Jeep Cherokee. The 818 will be built to replace the '02 Miata. My daily drivers are the '02 Miata and the '98 Jeep. Some days I wish the Jeep would break so I could justify replacing it. I bought it 3 1/2 years ago for $3200 and it refuses to cause me any trouble. Only repair has been to replace the electric window switch panel on the driver's door. I've done a number of maintenance items (plugs, wires, cap, rotor, O2 sensors, brakes, tires). It's the 4.0 and has a 5-speed trans so it gets 18-19 mpg. I got it with 108K on it and it now has 150K on it.

I have been working in the basement and currently have a dual axle dump trailer parked outside my basement garage door. I was finally able to give away some Saturn parts last night so the first of my parts collection has gone. I've got a '56 Ford F100 in pieces down there too (along with a '95 Lincoln Mark VIII DOHC 32V 4.6l V-8 and auto trans). Still have some leftover stuff from my Cobra (87-93 FFR front hubs, rotors, calipers; T-5 trans and bellhousing from my donor). It will take me months to get it ready.

Bill, I've seen that one on craigslist. Its been out there for several weeks. I always mistrust a 'it only needs to be tuned' report. I tend to think that if that was true - the seller would do it. I'd want to do a compression check and oil pressure check plus really be able to listen to the engine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike N View Post
    I think I see the tuning problem. He says it has 5 pistons. If you remove the redundant piston I bet it will run much better......
    Good one Mike N!