Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Where to start

Post Thanks / Like

Where to start

Well me and my daughter have our motor set what does everyone suggest we start to get next for our GTM build? Here is a list of what we have for the car.

LS7 GM short block
    Comp Cams custom grind cam and lifters
    Edelbrock custom flowed aluminum heads with Comp Cam bee hive springs and titanium retainers
    Kenne Bell 2.9 supercharger with custom fabercated intake and 120 Fast throtle body
    American racing headers tuned headers
    Programable GM ECU
    A/C unit complete
    alternator
    Edelbrock water pump

Mickey thompson tires
    Detroit wheels

Any ideas wou;d be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Well you have the power plant, now you need items to get power to the ground.

Transaxle, a donor car, or either, a new or used donor pallet Check this site on Ebay it will list the parts that in the pallet http://www.ebay.com/itm/Factory-Five...#ht_4528wt_934

And don't forget a build plan
    Last edited by Presto51; 12-20-2012 at 02:23 PM.
    "May you be in heaven a full half hour before the Devil knows you're dead"

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the information I will look at the site thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, do you have the kit yet? Have you been reading the forums and looking at the different problems guys run into? You'll need to spend a couple months reading.
    I question a couple things on your list and if it will fit in the GTM kit, like your headers, water pump, supercharger, and the A/C unit.

I've been into this thing a year now and I'm still learning things to do from reading the build logs and posts from fellow builders.

Gene

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I am waiting on the kit and this is what I have had donated I may use it all or I may not I have to see I have been reading and watching everything on the net about the GTM. I am a good fabricator I used to be listed as a model maker. I really apreciate all the advice and experiance of everyone. I have even gotten GM Performance guys willing to help me I used to race for them in 2000 with a Grand Am Super Gas car. What transaxle are you going with if you dont mind me asking? Everyone I have gotten intouch with has given me so much parts, advise, and their knowledge. Thank you to all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I would get a copy of the build manual (electronic version). Then I would read through the entire "64K question" sticky on the other forum. Armed with the forum knowledge, I would then proceed to follow the manual's process for preparing the parts you have (and collect) for their install into the kit.

It will save you time and resources if you keep things basic until you have the kit.

Until your kit is delivered, 75% or more of your time will be better spent going through the forum (and manual).
    R/s
    Vidal
    CURRENT STATUS: Interior Rework and Bodywork.
    GenII GTM #331. Delivered (23/9/10)
    BUILD LOG AND WEBSITE:
    http://gtmbuild.weebly.com/ .

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you I will order it tomarrow and start working on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I have the manual for the GTM and on to reading it. Now I have to print some and work on reading here and the manual. Thanks for the advise folks.