Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: GTM # 4 for me.

Post Thanks / Like

GTM # 4 for me.

Well, looks like my shop's getting used this winter after all. The new owner of the "KONI GTM" is arriving tomorrow afternoon, staying the night and then transporting it to his home on saturday. After 13 builds it gets a little less emotional. I'll never forget when I sold my first FFR Cobra. it was like 2 in the morning when the transporter arrived and he parked down the street. That car and me went through a lot together, two engines, two bodies, roll cage, solid axle, then IRS, then supercharger, then I got hooked on open track and tt events with it. Yes, it was a sad walk home and call me a wuss, but tears were shed.

Now it's not as bad, but it is still sad....... You know, I almost get a feeling that because I financially can't risk it, that I let her down by never running her on the track. But the new owner is buying her to mainly stretch her legs on the track and not on the street and I think she'll be happier there.

Thanks to Jim (AKA fuzzy) I scored a smoking deal on another LS2 and a porsche transaxle. He says I owe him dinner....Hell, I owe him breakfast in bed with a hooker after the deals he found me!
    Also already got my four corners of suspension, gas tanks and radiator from another forum member. Will probably have Murray Pfaff perform his magic again in the design arena. I am presently working on attaining sponsorship for SEMA 2013 and should have my deal concluded on my primary sponsor, if it's gonna go through, real soon. I hope so cause Dave is making a welder work on christmas day to get me a frame before the end of next week. Need to do a few frame mods before it goes to the powdercoater for another white paint job. My goal is to have it done by spring.

Last edited by fact5racer; 12-20-2012 at 10:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Something doesn't look quite right with the GTM in this photo; I'm sure if I think about it some more, it will come to me.

Will GTM #4 be a keeper? You know what they say...fourth time is a charm.
    Custom LCD Gauges , Data Loggers, Control Touch Screens
    www.LCDdash.com \\ 647-522-9953 \\ Voice & Text
    Proud new owner of GTM Gen 1., #105 - 08/27/11
    LQ9 Powered, G96.00 6 speed transaxle

Post Thanks / Like
    You have no idea how jealous I am ! Whenever I get enough money that's the car I want to build! It would be my dream to build a GTM supercar.

Post Thanks / Like
    No problem Gary, I'm glad I could help. "Fuzzy" is my nickname from the old forum. Truthfully I do not have the skills others on this forum have. My true F5R skills is sourcing parts. I have gotten pretty good at it, hence the reason my nearly completed GTM will be finished for so far less then what most other builders have invested. I charge zero dollars, (as time allows) I will locate the most obscure parts or even the easier ones. I enjoy helping and being part of the community. I was speaking with Joe Mush last night and he reminded me how many F5R'ers I have help. It felt good to know, even if only in the smallest of ways, I assisted new friends in making their dreams a reality. Dont be hesitant to ask, I truly enjoy the hunt.

Gary I look forward to seeing your new creation come together. Oh ya... and my wife said no on the "hooker" thing, but free food, sign me up!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalstar View Post
    "Fuzzy" is my nickname from the old forum.
    You're the man that everyone is talking about; right under my nose all of this time. The mystery is solved.
    Custom LCD Gauges , Data Loggers, Control Touch Screens
    www.LCDdash.com \\ 647-522-9953 \\ Voice & Text
    Proud new owner of GTM Gen 1., #105 - 08/27/11
    LQ9 Powered, G96.00 6 speed transaxle

Post Thanks / Like
    Where's the dedication???? Dave's letting the welders have Christmas off instead of welding my frame! At least it gives me a week to clean the operating room.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fact5racer View Post
    Where's the dedication???? Dave's letting the welders have Christmas off instead of welding my frame! At least it gives me a week to clean the operating room.
    I'm tempted to break out my welder and make you a violin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh..............do I have some ideas flowing! Like I said years ago: "They give me the paint, they give me the easle, then they let me go loose!"

Guess the mourning period has ended. :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    pay back is a *****, here I am at 5am xmas morning and I woke up from a nightmare that Mark Dougherty was teaching me how to weld up FFR frames.

Post Thanks / Like
    ???
    Gary
    I really do not want to know that I am in your dreams.
    Really Gary do not tell me.
    lol
    Last edited by Mark Dougherty; 12-26-2012 at 09:09 AM.
    The traveling Builder
    717-773-5624

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    what kind of ideas we talkin' here? going to be fully decked out or racer style? glad to see you're doing another gtm.