Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,080 of 1342

Thread: Casey Family Build Thread (coupe)

Post Thanks / Like
    Julie,

where are you guys getting Coupey painted?

Thanks,

John
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    John, I believe that Jeff will be doing the honors of applying a beautiful shade of _______ paint to Coupey.
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely right. Jeff Miller is painting the car and there's no way for him to get out of it. Hee, hee.

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW, no mention as to why i was staying home huh? It was to get a high lift installed on the garage so it does not slam into your car!!! No respect.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by QSL; 10-13-2014 at 04:31 PM.
    MK4 delivery 12/17/11
    Build thread: HERE
    Epic First start video HERE

Type 65 Coupe Ordered 01/17/13

Post Thanks / Like
    Dude!!! What happened to that beautiful conduit I ran for the outside light fixture????
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Dang, almost three weeks and no update. Are you guys OK?
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    We are fine (thanks for asking). I'm always itching to update, but the only thing I could talk about is the work we are doing on the cabin and I figure that isn't very interesting to a bunch of car guys. Had our first snow last weekend. Super exciting for me because I was born and raised in sunny SoCal. I was full of questions as the white stuff fell from the sky. It wasn't a big snow, but that didn't matter to me. I had no idea truck doors could freeze shut. That was fun. So, anyway...things are fine here. Just not working on the cars at all. With winter closing in, I suspect we will miss a few weekends out there and stay home and work on the car. I'm hoping anyway. I love Cabin-y, but I miss Coupey.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's not much, but I do have a teeny tiny update. We went to the cabin Friday night and came home Saturday afternoon. We had an hour or two before a birthday party (I know...we actually have a friend who invited us over), so out in the garage we ventured. I had made a deal with Mike. I would wash Scoopy if he would work on the panels for Coupey. Rather than putting the back cockpit corner panels on the inside, we decided to mount them to the outside of the side impact bars so we'd se more bar. Even if we didn't mount them there, the panels needed some persuasion. Scoopy is all clean and pretty now. Mike didn't get his chore completed, but he made some progress. He claims he'll work on them in the evenings, but this darn time change doesn't help and he keeps having work issues that cause him to have an extra long commute. I won't hold him to it (yet).

So you are probably asking why we didn't work on the car Sunday. Well, it's because we went to the NHRA finals. I like racing. I was thinking I'd be good at it until I remembered they have to do the burnout and then backup. I would have to decline that part. Then my tires wouldn't grip as well and I'd fling off the road. Maybe they could find a way to attach my car to the track...

Post Thanks / Like
    ZZZZZzzzzz Need more stories and pics!
    Ordered Type 65 Complete Kit Aug 29, 2012 - The 50-50 $ale!
    Standard Width IRS; Halibrands - 17x9, 17x10.5
    Kit Arrived: Oct 9, 2012; Build Started: Oct 28, 2012
    WordPress: http://wayne-yoshida-kh6wz.com/
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/waynetyoshida
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/kh6wz?feature=results_main

Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanted to say hi. Still around, just working on the cabin instead of the car. I say hi to it whenever I go near the garage though. Poor sad thing.

Has anyone heard when HB 2015 is? I'm afraid there may be a conflict this year with Mike's schedule.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    April-25th is what I heard....

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    April 25th is the information that I have. Not much time to get Coupey finished and ready for the show.
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys. That's what I was afraid of. Scoopy and Coupey will not be attending. Sad face. I may try to go as a spectator though.

Post Thanks / Like

Really . . .

NOT ACCEPTABLE . . . WORK IT OUT!

Just kidding . . . guess I'll have to drink the "refreshments" I was plannin' on bringing for you guys (like that's ever been a problem).

Doc
    Last edited by Big Blocker; 01-21-2015 at 12:32 AM.
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hey guys, just wanted to check in.

Mike, where did you get the lift? I'm in the process of getting one myself and would love to hear about where you got yours.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Dave! Good to hear from you! Hope the roadster project is going well with your brother. I have been off the forums for months but am very eager to get back into the swing of things.

I purchased the lift from Greg Smith Equipment like a lot of other folks on here. I was really close to pulling the trigger on the bend pack, however I just could not ignore all the extras included with the Greg Smith one for Less money. I went back and forth for months and finally just ordered from Greg smith. I am really glad I did. Their service was great. The lift is excellent. Its basically the same lift that Frank has and you have used his. So if you felt safe under that one, you will feel the same here. I am very happy with all the extras included as well. I did also order their manual jack that slides along the rails. I highly recommend getting this. Its quite expensive but It was definitely worth the investment. I can't imagine not having it!!! The wheels came in VERY handy because you can build the lift where you are comfortable and THEN roll it into the EXACT location you want. So you may not use them many times, but the times you do, you will really appreciate them. Our garage Ceiling is just 9'10" and I can get the coupe and roadster stacked. I can't quite stand under the car while working, BUT I use a rolling office chair that reclines and it works awesome!!!! My only regret is not getting this when I built the roadster. It makes working on the cars sooooo much better, especially for us Full size guys

This thing is wicked heavy and they will not ship to your house. You will need a forklift to load and unload. At your house you will need a LOT of help with the ramps. They are crazy heavy. I had 5 people helping and we still struggled with the ramps. The rest of it was pretty light and assembly was really straight forward.

Hope this helps!
    MK4 delivery 12/17/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, I also recommend doing the high lift on the garage door. Not totally necessary, but sure opens up a ton of room. Cost me about $600 to do that, but I don't have a garage door opener anymore. I don't need one, so not a biggie.
    MK4 delivery 12/17/11

Post Thanks / Like
    About time you came back Mike! Julie said that your work will be interfering with HB this year; but if you guys could stop by, even for a short time, it would be great. I am looking forward to some posts about coupy progress.
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    It kills me that my business plans totally keep me away this year. You may remember last year I was in a rush. Its because I had to catch a plane to phoenix that afternoon. It was a crazy day. Know I here Pete will be there?!!?! AND under construction award is back??!! Julie is not a happy camper with me....
    MK4 delivery 12/17/11

Post Thanks / Like
    My Coupe was painted by Aaron Glaser, Aaron is an IHRA Pro Mod champ and does very detailed work.IMG_0837.JPGIMG_0833.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    If "Pete" will be there refers to Peter Brock, I see him most Saturday mornings at the Las Vegas chapter of Cars & Coffee . . . I'll ask him to confirm that he is the "special Guest" at the HBCI this year. He alone is a good enough reason to make the work plans second priority (just my humble opinion).

Doc
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Doc, Dave has posted and the official event poster has both Pete Brock and Alan Grant being at the event.
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    Hey guys, just wanted to check in.

Mike, where did you get the lift? I'm in the process of getting one myself and would love to hear about where you got yours.

Dave,
    As another alternative I was looking at the same lift Mike has but decided to go with a Direct Lift with 9K lb capacity. Picked it up with my trailer at a warehouse in Ontario so no shipping cost. They are pretty close in price and most come with the same basic accessories.
    It's never too early to start beefing up your obituary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike just gave me the bestest birthday present ever!!!! He cancelled the trip to Florida and now we can go to Huntington Beach. I'm dancing around my office. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now get out to the garage and clean up coupey to meet Peter Brock.
    Doug

And Happy Birthday to you Julie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    HB just sold out. Sorry Julie.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    HB just sold out. Sorry Julie.
    That's not funny!!!! You HAVE to squish Coupey in somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 68GT500MAN View Post
    YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now get out to the garage and clean up coupey to meet Peter Brock.
    Doug

And Happy Birthday to you Julie.
    Thank you! I'm 28 (AGAIN). I've decided that's going to be my new permanent age.

Anxious to meet Mr. Brock. Mike and I are discussing ways to make time to work on the car and still enjoy the cabin. Should be interesting. I think the time change in March will help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSQSL View Post
    That's not funny!!!! You HAVE to squish Coupey in somewhere.
    That's easy. Put Scoopy on the lift Coupy underneath and lower the lift.
    It's never too early to start beefing up your obituary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xlr8or View Post
    That's easy. Put Scoopy on the lift Coupy underneath and lower the lift.
    That's not funny either!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Step one.... Clean the garage.

I have neglected this for months. I just go out there, do something quick and leave it out. Like a real slob. LOL. Guys.... I think we are back!
    MK4 delivery 12/17/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Great news Mike and Julie!

HB will be better for having you all go. Glad you could work it out.

I am sure the Coupe will be a hit. I look forward to your updates soon!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys!!!

Doc, thanks for rubbing that in. Must be nice!!! LOL
    MK4 delivery 12/17/11

Post Thanks / Like
    If one where to trailer a coupe to HB is there parking for car and trailer nearby?
    Pondering going there and dropping at the batcave after maybe.

Thanks,

John

Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI

Trick Tool Maker, Super Moderator Hankl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    You'll really like meeting Pete, he a big fan of all us Coupe builders. Russ Thompson, Carl Critz, and I met him a few years ago at the Mustang Corral.
    He had his Coupe there with the LS engine in it. A really great guy, and His wife is a Jewel. He really approves of all the things we do to personally modify our Coupes,
    and has great suggestions about the direction he see us going into.

Hankl
    “If you didn’t have enough time to do it right the first time. How come you always have time to go back and do it again?” FFR1000186CP

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John Dol View Post
    If one where to trailer a coupe to HB is there parking for car and trailer nearby?
    Pondering going there and dropping at the batcave after maybe.

Thanks,

John
    We trailered Coupey last year and it was not fun. They don't have good parking for trailers and I'm hoping that's something they will improve upon this year. It is possible and I recommend going through all the effort, but unless they make changes it isn't a piece of cake. Mmmmm...cake.

Can't wait to meet Pete in person. Mike has spoken to him via email before and he seemed like a super nice guy. Like you said, Hank, he's very supportive of modifications.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Julie, that's what I was worried about. I'm going to go regardless but would like to bring the coupe!
    If I can't maybe I'll have to bring a piece of my dash for Pete to sign.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    We talked about the same thing (dash). I'd have to take it to the bat cave for some painting first and I'm not 100% sure what color and all that. Bring the car. If you go really early, you can talk them into letting you pull into a side street to unload. Lots of people will run over and help you and then you can drop the trailer off. Last year it was far away and it took Mike quite awhile to walk back. If you can find a willing victim in advance, someone can follow you with the trailer and drive you back to the event. Dave Hodgkins was nice enough to shuttle Mike around last year (if memory serves). We'll be going through the same drama this year with a trailer and all. It was worth it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I send an e-mail to FFR asking about trailer parking. We'll see what they say. If I have to come early I'd have to drive in the night before as I have a good 3-4 hr drive. Then I don't know if I can safely leave the coupe on a trailer in the parking lot of a hotel.
    Tis not easy being the owner of a luxury automobile! LOL

John

Post Thanks / Like
    John, hope to see you there! David Hodgkins usually arranges that stuff. He may be able to give you the info you need.

On a side note, we have started working on the car again!! Small stuff in the evenings, but so far we have the rear brakes bled and one of the two tricky panels just about completed that I have been dreading. We are going to try and spend 15min - 1hr a night out there. I know it does not sound like much, but I did this with the roadster and an amazing amount of work can get done in this time frame and its better then spending ZERO time.
    MK4 delivery 12/17/11

Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast