Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Things you wish you had before starting your build...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by artistwantab View Post
    I rent the space. Is there a way of finding that info out?
    If the lift is bolted to the floor it may be considered a permanent fixture. If the space is rented, the landlord may insist the lift stay when you move. You may loose ownership.
    Just an old man with a great hobby

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Reid View Post
    If the lift is bolted to the floor it may be considered a permanent fixture. If the space is rented, the landlord may insist the lift stay when you move. You may loose ownership.
    No... he wants to keep out of everyone's business as long as rent is paid on time. I have upgraded the space a lot so I imagine it will be fine. Otherwise I will just removed it and sold it on craigslist before I tell him I am moving.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithBoden View Post
    The renter may know or have access to the specs for the building/floor. The manual for the MTP-9A says 4" minimum thickness, 3000 psi reinforced concrete.
    Every other business here has pallet racks and forklifts and other so I imagine its good. Better safe then sorry.

Would the city have this info? Would a contractor be able to tell or get this info?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by carbon fiber View Post
    a pic of the dolly i built, first day after pickup at ffr. simple yet effective. stable enough to work inside the car while on the dolly. casters were $100 at lowes. (heavy duty/locking) maybe closer to 2 1/2' tallAttachment 14358
    Fantastic. I will build one as soon as I have the measurement. Probably find that in the manual?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    i don't think there's anything in the manual about it, but it only takes an hour or so to build, and it just needs to be under the center part of the chassis. i also placed 2x4's on the top later, under the frame, to give some clearance between the rocker panels and the dolly. if you want i can get some measurements and post 'em.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Reid View Post
    when you drill the holes for the anchors, make sure you go all the way through the concrete. that will verify the thickness. then use the correct length bolts so they are embedded in the slab. when you leave, take the lift and pound the anchors down flush. done.
    GTM #253 In Process

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12