BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: DS Bolts / DS Loop

Post Thanks / Like

DS Bolts / DS Loop

What is the torque on the four DS bolts (75ft-lbs)? Also, I should also use blue LocTite?

As for the DS loop...I will be installing via the four supplies bolts/RivNuts per side...Again, I should use blue Loctite on them as well? And, Is there any way to seal the area from water/moisture getting into the chassis frame via these hole. I was thinking of putting some marine sealer under the loop as well as basically chalking all around the loop once it is installed. Is this something (an area) of great concern - not planning on driving through too much water, but you never know.

Walter

Post Thanks / Like
    The internet says the 4 driveshaft-to-pinion flange bolts get 71-95 ft. lbs., which sounds right to me. And yes, I would use blue or red loctite on them (which works best if the threads are cleaned with rubbing alcohol, contact cleaner, etc. first).

I would suggest you use anti-seize paste on the loop bolts and accompanying riv-nuts, rather than blue loctite. I say this because I've seen many riv-nuts seize to the bolt, which then rotates the riv-nut in the metal when you try to remove the bolt. I'd use the supplied lock washers for retention instead. Silicone sealer should seal up the area well enough; I don't know what Marine Seal is but it sounds useful. Hope this helps.