Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Deep South Cobra Club Event

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Deep South Cobra Club Event

Randy's 24 Heures De La Cobra---DETAILS
    The registration will be up on the Deep South Cobra Club website no later than Tuesday evening.

Randy’s 24 Heures De La Cobra

It’s time to register! The Deep South Cobra Club is celebrating the memory of past president and dedicated Cobra enthusiast Randy Dender by naming the 24 Heures cruise in his honor. From now on this cruise will be known as ‘Randy’s 24 Heures De La Cobra’. Just like before, it will be filled with good friends, good food, good roads, good places to visit, and hopefully good weather.

This year the event will be based in Jacksonville Florida which will serve as our central hub. The event begins on Thursday March 21. Groups of cars will be caravanning from Palm Beach, Tampa, Pensacola, Birmingham, Atlanta, Savannah, etc. all arriving at roughly the same time. (we are in need of volunteers to assist with leading the caravans, so let me know if you would like to help)

Friday will see driving in and around the South Eastern coastal area of Georgia. The day will include some beautiful scenery, great dining, little or no traffic on fun roads, and maybe even a submarine or two. The old and new south will be the theme, with moss draped live oaks and trident nuclear subs.

Saturday brings more scenic cruising over beautiful roads. You will see some of the fantastic scenery of North East Florida including Amelia Island and Fort George. Then enjoy a private tour of the Brumos Porsche collection. Saturday evening’s banquet will conclude the trip and be crowned with great awards and prizes.

Awards:
    There will be several awards handed out including the “Iron Butt Award” for the Cobra driven, not trailered, the farthest to attend this year’s event. Better show up with your thinking cap on, as you will be challenged, and if up to the task, awarded on this trip. And the awards will be cool. I promise.

Hotel:
    We will be based at the Crowne Plaza hotel at 14670 Duval Road, Jacksonville, Fl. Please make reservations by calling 877-559-0015 or 904-741-4404. Tell them you are with the Deep South Cobra Club and you will get the preferred rate of $85 per night. A block of rooms is reserved through March 8th, so please call and secure your room soon. For those of you trailering to the hotel, there is plenty of trailer space. (The hotel is on the north side of Jacksonville, at Airport Road and I-95)

Entry:
    Go to the Deep South Cobra Club website, Deep South Cobra Club - Home to register. Entry will include two event T-shirts, and a static cling decal for your windshield. The entry fee is $45 per car. This year we will not be catering or pre-ordering dinners, but the restaurants and dining will be awesome.

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

Post Thanks / Like
    Garry, it is our goal to attend. We have sold our house and in the process of building a new one. Closing date could pose an issue but I'll do everything I can to attend... Look forward to it..
    Currently re-building FFR5066K 5.0 T5 3:55 four link.

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope to see you and Addie there. Best of luck on the new home!

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***