Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cruise-in Tampa Florida?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman7 View Post
    Tim, you're bringing a Priest?....lol I guess to bless the road trip..

Not sure if I am going yet or not, only about a 1 and 15min drive, but it all depends if I can afford the gas. I would like to meet Dave Smith though, and maybe talk to him about a few things, but I gather a lot of people would like to talk to him. I would like to get some good pics for design work, but that might be kind of hard with all the people around.

David
    Priest is the name of my dad !

Post Thanks / Like
    Eric Avant, Clearwater
    But I don't drink coffee. I'd rather drink 40 weight.

BTW, for you out-of-towners and the likes: Saturday evening, Showtime Speedway (just down the road from QSL) will be having a bunch of races, including figure 8s!

Another after (after) cruise idea
    Showtimespeedway.us
    Last edited by Eldrik; 01-28-2013 at 06:47 PM.

...master of none. CapeCoralCobra's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark, one or two others and I will be there from Cape Coral.

Alan
    Alan, Mk 3.1 #7172, 308, GT40P heads, Crane roller rockers, TFS Stage 1 cam, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, Pro M 75mm MAF, March pulleys, Cobra spec T5, 3.73 8.8, Konis all around, 15" FFR Halibrands, Viper Red/Pure White Stripes.
    "There's nothing you can't do, only stuff you haven't done yet!" Randy Jones

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Man View Post
    T-minus five days people! Just bringing this TTT so I can get a head count. Please post your name and city (and state if from out of state) so I can determine how much coffee to make! LOL

Thanks, and see you Saturday!
    Mark
    Mark

Deb and I will be there.

Jeff
    Mark III complete kit ordered 12/03/2007, received #6351 1/22/2008 Homemade mods: driver footbox extension with deadpedal and dimmer switch, widened passenger footbox, brake reservoir mounting bracket, under trunk storage box, custom dash and dash extension, heater forward box, custom glove box, under dash switch panel, Explorer motor carb conversion, first start 7/10/2010, off to paint (Performance Automotive) 11/20/2010, finally home 5/7/2011, Graduated 11/22/2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Joe Hoffman, New Port Richey,Fl

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris and Jen Smalley
    Jacksonville Beach, Fl

Post Thanks / Like
    Rhode Island transplant will be there!!(snow-angel)

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought I would throw this out there. If anyone in the orlando area who isn't taking or doesn't have an FFR car and would like to go, but can't justify the expense or just don't feel like driving that far. I have a van and I can take 3 other people. We can split the gas money. oh btw I have a bunch of RaceTrac receipts for free sandwiches can bring a cooler. Make it a Road Trip!

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Vman7, you might get lucky and find an empty right seat in an FFR too to come over. I've done that before when my wife hasn't gone with me to an event!

Hope to see you out here Sat...

Mark
    Modified Mustangs & Fords Project Snake Charmer

FFR5310 Mk 3 Roadster
    Tungsten Gray/Silver Stripes

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Just got back from Hot Rod Magazine test in Vegas and our truck is almost to Tampa. I'll be there Saturday morning and looking forward to showing off the Summit Racing Equipment Mk4! Mark, is there anything else you need from me before I head out?
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Smith View Post
    Just got back from Hot Rod Magazine test in Vegas and our truck is almost to Tampa. I'll be there Saturday morning and looking forward to showing off the Summit Racing Equipment Mk4! Mark, is there anything else you need from me before I head out?
    You could bring a set of Koni's for my coupe. Garry Bopp will pick them up for me
    Tim.

Knowledge is good-Faber.

I'm so broke I can hardly pay attention-Me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave, we got the posters today. Assume the brochures and other items Sally mentioned will be here tomorrow (Friday). It'll be a cool morning, but otherwise it's shaping up nicely. We have about 35-40 FFRs coming by my count, which should be 50-75 people before you add in general spectators coming from the FFR email blast. I would guess over a 100 people. I'll be making coffee non-stop, but hey, it'll be fun!

Do you want the Coupe setup on the dyno or are you planning to drive it around/have it out for the crowd?

Mark

FFR5310 Mk 3 Roadster

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Arrived in Tampa with wife today. I trailered the 33 on an open trailer through a lot of rain. Major mess -- needs a good cleaning. Tim will fly in Friday night to join us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazelwwp View Post
    Arrived in Tampa with wife today. I trailered the 33 on an open trailer through a lot of rain. Major mess -- needs a good cleaning. Tim will fly in Friday night to join us.
    , can't wait!

Post Thanks / Like
    If you need a place to clean it up feel free to come down to the office. We have cleaning supplies and a hose. Might be easier than doing it in the hotel parking lot...

Mark

FFR5310 Mk 3 Roadster

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    COOL!!! Seriously guys, How cool is that. Mark Houlahan aka "Mustang Man" is the tech editor at Modified Mustangs and Fords Magazine. The guy works his arse off and he's busy 24/7 and yet he built and drives a Factory Five and helps guys here on this forum... When a guy (P. Hazelwood) needs a place to clean his '33 Hot Rod after a long tough trailer trip, Mark steps up and invites the guys to his WORK OFFICE (!) to help get his ride cleaned and detailed! Guys like Mark are the reason why the FFR community is so great. It stretches from the crew here at FFR who know who we work for (you) and WHY we do this for a living (love and service and the desire to BUILD things), and it includes guys like Priest H. and his son Timmy who are part of a great group of people who BUILD and DRIVE FFR's.

I just read this post and am getting ready to head down for the cruise-in tomorrow and had to just say HUGE THANKS to Mark for putting this together. He works till his knuckles bleed, and then they bleed Ford Blue! See you guys in the am, can't wait to have some fun!

ps. Tim C. if you want I can bring your KONI's with me, Call one of the guys here and I'll check em on the plane.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Smith; 02-01-2013 at 09:45 AM.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the kudos Dave. I've been to plenty of shows and I know what a pain it can be to try and detail the car at a hotel...

Looking forward to it guys!

Mark

FFR5310 Mk 3 Roadster

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys have a great time down in Florida...our turn will be here before you know it. Can't wait for HB.
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Look what just showed up fellas!

Unloading the fun now and we'll be ready for everyone tomorrow morning!

Mark

FFR5310 Mk 3 Roadster

Post Thanks / Like
    A "Southern Mooch-Fest"

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's video I shot today at the event:

http://youtu.be/chLSmjMy2DY

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrik View Post
    Here's video I shot today at the event:

http://youtu.be/chLSmjMy2DY
    Yeah that was awesome!!! timmy318 sure got a nice little ride as copilot......hmm wonder if his head was spinning afterwards....lol

When I was watching I noticed Dave had a hard time getting that rear to break loose, but he finally got it!

...master of none. CapeCoralCobra's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great video, must have been after most of us had left. I posted some pics on the other forum, here are a few more:

Best of Show: Very nice '33, beautiful paint, matching interior/exterior, matching headliner/door panels, & a very clean Coyote under the hood.

Runner Up, Best of Show & Best Engine: Extreme attention to detail and a sweet carbed 347.

And three of the cars FFR brought:

Thanks Dave, Mark & crews!
    Alan, Mk 3.1 #7172, 308, GT40P heads, Crane roller rockers, TFS Stage 1 cam, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, Pro M 75mm MAF, March pulleys, Cobra spec T5, 3.73 8.8, Konis all around, 15" FFR Halibrands, Viper Red/Pure White Stripes.
    "There's nothing you can't do, only stuff you haven't done yet!" Randy Jones

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks cape

I started a pics & video thread so everybody can upload to. That way all the pics & videos are all in one place.

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ics-amp-Videos

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice shots. I was too busy to even grab my camera! LOL

FYI, that 347 is actually running a PowerJection III EFI unit. I helped build that Mk 3.1 with the owner. He's local to me and a super nice guy. Glad to hear he won something!

Thanks to all for showing up and having a great time and thanks to Dave and his crew for making this happen. Without these cars and the fun of building, owning, racing, showing, and sharing them, we couldn't enjot these friendships and events like this!

Mark

FFR5310 Mk 3 Roadster

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12