FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Vman's '65 Coupe Design Ideas

Post Thanks / Like

Vman's '65 Coupe Design Ideas

Here are my design ideas for the '65 Coupe. Which are in Albums in the Gallery section.

Here are the links to each Album. Each Title in Bold Black is a link.

'65 Coupe Gen 1 & 2 Rear Designs

All of this is for right now. Circumstances may change, then I might consider it.

I will no longer be doing new designs for posting, as well as requests, unless already inwork or really serious requests through pvt msg. All Requests are free, but will be on a limited basis, depending on how much work is involved and only after I have deemed it to be a serious request and not somebody that just wants some eye candy to look at.

I will Not be adding anymore new Albums & designs. I will not be adding any new updates and links to Albums in the #1 post.

I put all the designs in Albums to help give people easy access to them.

The designs are for inspiring people to come up with ideas or use as is. People can upload the pictures to this thread to discuss or to upload to your own thread.

People can change the designs to their liking*.

The designs are for inspiring people to come up with ideas or use as is. People can upload the pictures to this thread to discuss or to upload to your own thread.

People can change the designs to their liking*.

Terms of Use:
    If you do use any of my ideas for private use, or for what ever reason other then commercial** use. All I ask is that you give credit.

*All pictures for private use only, you can use them and change them here as long as you don't use them for any commercial use.
    For commercial use, must have permission from myself and the original owner of the photos, in most cases the original pictures are from FFR.

**Commercial Use of Design Ideas: Must have my permission of my designs and from Factory Five Racing when applicable, being that my designs are based on their product.

David
    Last edited by Vman7; 03-08-2018 at 04:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    It constantly amazes me some of the brilliant and talented people that are on this forum..
    Six years of MD in school back in the 60's and I can't draw a straight line freehand..

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I just sent a PM to you Vman! Ditto.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    So this is what you've been working on!

Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing work Vman.
    GenII GTM #354
    Delivered (02/09/11)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the compliments

Quote Originally Posted by timmy318 View Post
    So this is what you've been working on!
    Actually those were done a long time ago, even before FFR had there own forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well.... Since I know that now, why not show us what you are working on !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by timmy318 View Post
    Well.... Since I know that now, why not show us what you are working on !
    Most of what I am working on right now is the GTM, and it is only in the layout and sketch phase, a lot of ideas.

Post Thanks / Like
    I added some new album titles in Post #1. The Albums have not been created yet.

The GTO Design Project was formally known as the Banshee Design Project.
    The GTO Design for the most part is a wide body version of the 65 Coupe. 1.5" wider per/side Rear. 1.0" wider per/side front. The wider version is not with fender flares, but moving the fenders out and taper them back into the body. The front will be based on the AC A98 Coupe (see picture below). The front deck vent (V shape) will have more of a curve to it, and match at the rear of the vent. There will be diferent side fender vents with an accent line above. Single 4" side pipes with a custom heat shield. The rear will have the diffuser, recessed tail lights, custom recessed Lic Plate area, custom venting, and custom rear molded flush rear spoiler. The top and rear hatch will be reshaped. The Dashboard will be based on the C2 corvette (see picture below).

AC A98 Coupe front.

A98 Front 2.jpg

C2 Corvette Dashboard

C2 Dash 1.jpg

David
    Last edited by Vman7; 06-29-2014 at 10:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Classic 1950s Design Project, which will be based on the Lancia D24 Sport. Has a 94.5" wheelbase, but has a narrower track, so the track will be closer to the 65 Coupe.

The Design will be based on the Lancia D24, but not a replica of it.

Lancia D24

Lancia D24 Front3 sm.JPG

Lancia D24 Right1 sm.JPG

Lancia D24 LRear 1 sm.JPG

lancia-d24-pinin-farina-spyder-1954.jpg
    Last edited by Vman7; 06-29-2014 at 09:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very,very nice!

Post Thanks / Like
    ok added the pictures of the Lancia D24 in Post #10

Post Thanks / Like
    Vman,

Like your stuff. The Vantage is a cool looking car. Also like the 818 Coupe version. Wish the head lights were slightly smaller, and a new front fascia would be cool too.

John
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    David:

Whatever happened to the rest of the Coupe albums? The links are not working, except for the rear design. Thanks.

Carlos
    FFR Coupe #0635; Ford 347ci, Tremec TKO500, 8.8 rear end w/ 3.27:1 gears, Cobra/SVO brakes

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos C View Post
    David:

Whatever happened to the rest of the Coupe albums? The links are not working, except for the rear design. Thanks.

Carlos
    They are not not up yet, the only one that I didn't put back up was the Banshee one, since it is now the GTO. I just put up the album names so once I add stuff to each album I don't have to do as much work.....lol

Only one that is a link right now is the one you said, rear designs

Here are the old threads.
    Design Aesthetics Mod.s http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...sthetics-Mod-s

Banshee Coupe Project http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...-Coupe-Project

David
    Last edited by Vman7; 09-24-2014 at 08:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, good. So, I haven't missed anything then. Good to know. Can't wait to see your other designs. I sent Dave Smith my designs for the Spyder GT ten years ago, but we know the fate that kit suffered. I plan to make some mild body and interior mods to my Coupe. What I'm interested in is the rear diffuser. I can create one out of fiberglass, but I'm wondering if you have the means to make it out of ABS.

Carlos
    FFR Coupe #0635; Ford 347ci, Tremec TKO500, 8.8 rear end w/ 3.27:1 gears, Cobra/SVO brakes

Post Thanks / Like
    These are awesome! I especially like the spoiler extension B, and the added top classic vents with the 3rd brake light. The vents shouldn't be too hard to do, I think I might do that in my own...

Also, those adjustable ones are pretty nifty!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    David inspired me to make the rear diffuser.

20131229_1.jpg

My rear end, minus the rear diffuser.

20101222_2.jpg

I hope I inspire others the way that David inspired me.

http://www.mycoupe.ca/modules/wordpress/?p=754
    Type 65 Coupe Builder / Coupe Parts Vendor

Websites:
    myCoupe Build
    F5Registry

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mjazzka View Post
    These are awesome! I especially like the spoiler extension B, and the added top classic vents with the 3rd brake light. The vents shouldn't be too hard to do, I think I might do that in my own...

Also, those adjustable ones are pretty nifty!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RonSchofield View Post
    David inspired me to make the rear diffuser.

20131229_1.jpg

My rear end, minus the rear diffuser.

20101222_2.jpg

I hope I inspire others the way that David inspired me.

http://www.mycoupe.ca/modules/wordpress/?p=754
    That's awesome Ron! With the black it almost look like it was injection molded.
    btw that link doesn't work, that's ok though I have your Build Site bookmarked anyways

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Ron:

I wish I would've seen your rear diffuser before I sent you the PM. Please post some info and photos of it mounted to the car!!! And if you plan to produce it, let me know. You may save me some time from having me fabricate one from scratch. Thanks.

Carlos

Post Thanks / Like
    Ron:

If offered for sale, I would also give serious thought to buying one of those diffusers. It looks great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The mold was made so I could have four or five fins. I couldn't decide.

20121212_3.jpg

20121212_6.jpg

20130805_1.jpg

Some more links to the design.

http://www.mycoupe.ca/modules/wordpress/?p=745
    http://www.mycoupe.ca/modules/wordpress/?p=739

20121218_5.jpg
    Type 65 Coupe Builder / Coupe Parts Vendor

Websites:
    myCoupe Build
    F5Registry

Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't posted anything here or anywhere else in ages. Ever since FFR came out with the new Gen 3 Coupe, it's got me thinking about the GTO Project again (used to be called the Banshee Project).

I have never really posted any mock ups of the GTO, I have over at the other forum under the name of Banshee Coupe Project a long time ago.

Here is the original 2 mock-ups, which are a wide body, I forget how much wider, maybe about 1.5" per/side.

Both of original mock-up ideas have changed a lot since I did them some years back. I haven't worked on the GTO idea in a few years. Now with the new Gen3 Coupe out, I might not go with a wide body since I love the new rear fender lines as well as the new roof curve.

Here is a old mock-up, but never posted anywhere, of the base for the the rear, but with the wide body still there, which would change, but it's a base to start with.

Will I ever get back to it, doubt it.

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Boy do I need to really go back a read what I posted in the past on this 65 Coupe stuff........lol

I see I already talked about the GTO Design Project in post #9 and in Post #15 a link to the Banshee Coupe Project. I guess I didn't think I did a thread on the Banshee (now GTO Design Project) since I didn't see any old Mock-up pics. I noticed that the ones that where in the Banshee thread are gone, I must have deleted them at some time.

This was the Banshee Graphics I had in the Banshee thread at one time. Then I converted it for The Warrior Princess for Karen. http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rrior-Princess

David
    Last edited by Vman7; 03-16-2017 at 11:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking this morning after I just got up, if I had to go back and convert all the rear designs to the new Gen3.......Holy Cow!!!.......lol

David

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman7 View Post

d
    Your Designs Really Enhance The New Type-65!

Bravo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Steve I really love the new Gen3 rear fender and roof curves! They are more defined.

More I look at the new Gen3, the more I am tempted to work on some design stuff.......lol

David

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Steve I really love the new Gen3 rear fender and roof curves! They are more defined.

More I look at the new Gen3, the more I am tempted to work on some design stuff.......lol

David
    This past fall my brother &d I went to Panama City this past fall to see the new Daytona at Cruising The Emerald Coast.
    Being able to see a completed car and rolling chassis next to Wayne Presley's very nice earlier generation sold me on the new car.
    It is amazing to say the least, so I hope I can get my finances together after our MK-4 is finished.
    Your vent locations and licence plate treatment really finishes things off properly.
    The liberties you took cleaning up the tail puts it over the top!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDadGo View Post
    This past fall my brother &d I went to Panama City this past fall to see the new Daytona at Cruising The Emerald Coast.
    Being able to see a completed car and rolling chassis next to Wayne Presley's very nice earlier generation sold me on the new car.
    It is amazing to say the least, so I hope I can get my finances together after our MK-4 is finished.
    Your vent locations and licence plate treatment really finishes things off properly.
    The liberties you took cleaning up the tail puts it over the top!
    Again Thanks Steve I remember seeing the post about FFR going to The Emerald Coast meet. I forget why I didn't end up going. Yeah Wayne's car is pretty cool. Nice that you got to see an older one and the new one, sure you could really see all the changes. The only time I have seen some FFR cars is when Dave Smith and a bunch of others came to a get together in Tampa back in 2013. Dave Smith brought his 65 Coupe, and of course he had to do his doughnut thing, smoke everywhere

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Updated "Terms of Use" in post #1

David

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are my design ideas for the '65 Coupe. Which are in Albums in the Gallery section.

Here are the links to each Album. Each Title in Bold Black is a link.

'65 Coupe Rear Designs

'65 Coupe Front Designs

'65 Coupe Side Designs

GTO Design Project (F5 GTO)

Classic 1950s Design Project

I will add Albums & designs as they come along. I will add updates and links to Albums in the #1 post.

People can change the designs to their liking*. If you don't know how to change a design or have an idea, just let me know and I'll see what I can do.
    There is no charge for doing any design changes or new designs. More complex design requests may take some time to get done.

Terms of Use:

If you do use any of my ideas for private use, or for what ever reason other then commercial** use. All I ask is that you give credit.

*All pictures for private use only, you can use them and change them here as long as you don't use them for any commercial use.
    For commercial use, must have permission from myself and the original owner of the photos, in most cases the original pictures are from FFR.

**Commercial Use of Design Ideas: Must have my permission of my designs and from Factory Five Racing when applicable, being that my designs are based on their product.

David
    David,
    While I respect your desire for credit I don't think it's reasonable to go back 4 years and post a new set of terms and conditions retro actively.

I also don't feel it's appropriate to "blast post" a bunch of renderings in hopes you can entangle someone commercially later. Posting an artistic idea on a website to later claim ownership is a risky game.

I will ask the moderator to weigh in on this as I feel this is not commercially appropriate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erlihemi View Post
    David,
    While I respect your desire for credit I don't think it's reasonable to go back 4 years and post a new set of terms and conditions retro actively.

I also don't feel it's appropriate to "blast post" a bunch of renderings in hopes you can entangle someone commercially later. Posting an artistic idea on a website to later claim ownership is a risky game.

I will ask the moderator to weigh in on this as I feel this is not commercially appropriate.
    Here we go again.....for pete's sake! Read!!! No where does it saying anything about money if used for commercial use, just permission.

"blast post" really!!! Not trying in entangle anyone commercially, you are assuming that. So let me guess, it's ok if I claim ownership for the work you do. If that is how you feel then don't read the threads!

I can't ask for compensation for my designs in a commercial aspect, unless I get permission and sign some kind of paperwork from Factory Five Racing, since for the most part I am using FFR's photos. If I do that I would have to become a Vendor here. Also even if I or someone else desired to do say build & sell for profit a whole body design or even a big portion of the FFR design, can't because that would be an infringement of FFR's intellectual property.

This is not just about my design ideas, it is also about protecting FFR's interest as well.

It has always said about asking for permission for commercial use. Just not as well defined.

Here is the original terms of use.

If you do use any of my ideas for what ever reason. All I ask is that you give credit.

"*All pictures for private use only, you can use them and change them here as long as you don't use them for any commercial use."
    For commercial use, must have permission from original owner, in most cases the original pictures
    are from FFR.

David
    Last edited by Vman7; 04-09-2017 at 10:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Updated Post #1 Please read!

Updated Post #1 Please read!

I have put a lot of thought into this for sometime now. Not going to get into detail why.

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Teaser!

OK what's up with not being able to upload pictures, won't let me select files, forced to use basic uploader, which then turns picture into thumbnail. Then I can't delete thumbnail.

Ok figured out how to delete the thumbnails. Geez Whiz, gone for a while because of health issues and come back and have to learn how to do things all over again.

OK, I think I have it figured out...lol

Last edited by Vman7; 03-08-2018 at 04:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Vman! Somewhat similar to FFR scoops but more stylish.

John
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    David
    Is that on the new Gen 3 or the previous body, which is what my un-edumacated eye sees in that shot.
    Dale
    BTW
    Which color of the new crayons taste the best ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by myjones View Post
    David
    Is that on the new Gen 3 or the previous body, which is what my un-edumacated eye sees in that shot.
    Dale
    BTW
    That's the Gen3 prototype built for SEMA. That car was sold to one of our members along with a production frame and is currently being rebuilt:
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...nix-quot-build

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John Dol View Post
    Nice Vman! Somewhat similar to FFR scoops but more stylish.

John
    Thanks John Actually the side vent ideas go back to 2010. If you look in post #23 the rear view, that was done back in 2010 (FFCars.com thread is where I posted it first back in 2010). The rear side vents were inspired by the Ferrari 1962 250 GTO and Wiesmann 2010 Roadster MF5. The picture in post #34 was inspired by the Ferrari 275 GTB side vents.

Quote Originally Posted by myjones View Post
    David
    Dale
    BTW
    Hey Dale Gen 3, what David posted in post #37
    Not sure which color taste the best, haven't tried them all yet....rofl

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to reiterate, I really love the Gen 3. Here are a few things I said after the Gen 3 came out.

From Post #27

David
    and from the 5-Day Snap-On Tools-Factory Five Coupe Build thread.
    Post #21
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l=1#post271803
    Very Nice!!!!! hmmm... why do those rear fender vents look so familiar....oh I know...LOL!!

I love the new Gen 3 BIG TIME!!!!!

Keep up the great work!!!

David
    also from the 5-Day Snap-On Tools-Factory Five Coupe Build thread.
    Post #33
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l=1#post271918
    I get a kick out of when FFR and I are on the same page, minds thinking of the same stuff Mostly talking about the engine side vents and the rear fender vents. Those are the design ideas I have been thinking about for the GTO Design Project. Pretty close to what I had in mind.

I am so glad and very enthused about the new body curves, mostly on the rear fenders, roof and new rear window curves!!!!!

Can't say it enough, great job Jim S. and everybody at FFR as well as the Snap-On people for putting together this Great Race Car Build!!

David
    I just love the new lines every where!!!

David