FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wheel Trade Proposal

Post Thanks / Like

Wheel Trade Proposal

I picked up these wheels from a local guy who used them in the summer for 500 miles, then sold his car. They are Forgestar F14 18" x 9.5" powdercoated black from the factory. These are the same wheels used on the 818R for SEMA.

I'm interested in finding someone that wants the same wheels. The plan is, they would buy them in 18" x 8" and we would trade 2 wheels, even swap. I plan to strip these and powdercoat them gold so color doesn't matter to me. This way, both of us end up with wide wheels for the rear and narrower wheels for the front. My backup is to run a slightly stretched tire on the front, but it's not ideal.

Any takers?

Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechie3 View Post
    Any takers?
    Sending PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got a few pm's. To clarify, 5x100 bolt pattern. Stretched tire comment was in regards to running a 225 on the front with a 9.5" wheel. I've seen it done, but it looks "hellaflush" and I'm not a big fan.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    hmm maybe I'm not looking hard enough but I do not see any that are 18x8. I can only seem to find 18x8.5.

Just a heads up.

btw I am in not in the market for wheels at this point so I guess free bump!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, someone else alerted me to the sizes. I just assumed since they were availabe in 8". I might end up just selling two of my wheels straight up and buying two others. For some reason, I had it in my head I could only buy complete sets from Forgestar. Don't know why I thougt that. Not enough sleep I guess.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    what offset are your wheels, how much are you selling them for?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think they're +35, need to double check. Originally I was going to do a trade, but someone pointed out you can buy individual wheels. I'm used to buying full sets so this slipped my mind for some reason (yes, I can be dumb at times, lol).

Likely I'll just sell 2 of these at a slight discount and buy a pair for the front. Let me look up prices.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    Bringing this back to life.

I'm looking to straight up sell 2 18x9.5" +48, 5x100 wheels. I plan to buy 2 18x8.5" directly from forgestar.

Cost when new: $1350/set --> $675/2 wheels
    Asking price: $575/2wheels picked up in Indianapolis
    Shipping: $75 via fedex (includes $600 insurance) (buyer to pay).
    Willing to entertain reasonable offers or trades (need 6pt harnesses and non stock seats)

If you pickup, you get 2 wheels with ~500 miles on them in brand new condition for less than new and no shipping. If you need them shipped, you still come out ahead not having to pay for shipping and getting them for slightly less than new.

Note: I was informed yesterday by Forgestar that they changed the design slightly. The shape of the area surrounding the bolt holes was modified. The style I have is on the left, the new style is on the right. Nothing else changed. I don't mind the difference front to back, but somebody might and I want to be forthright about it.

Note: This pic is from Forgestar, it is not mine. My wheels are black (see above).

Offset info I posted elsewhere to compare to the wheels FFR used.

An 18x9.5 +48 makes the outside of my wheel match the 18x9 within .065". The inside of my wheel will be inwards an extra .565".
    Zero Decibel Motorsports