Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fuel bladder replacement - options?

Post Thanks / Like

Fuel bladder replacement - options?

The car is nearing completion. I had planned to do a year of HPDE, and update the fuel cell and harnesses after that.

But it appears the car has sat long enough that the bladder is seeping fuel,

Any alternatives to the now-$905 Fuel Cell bladder replacement? I see that I can forgo the side fill and save a hundred, but... weren't these replacements like $600 not too long ago?

Thanks in advance! Hope to make VIR in March if just to watch and meet some of you.

Eric

Challenge Series Director FFSpecRacer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here you go http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...er-p-2789.html

Select FSR-RB222A under "options" at the top for the bladder.
    Don't choose the SM122A in the table at the bottom. This is the complete cell, including the can.
    Brian [email protected]
    Great Lakes & Midwest Region Series Director

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Brian. You always answer my questions and it is much appreciated!

Do you know if the product id you selected is side fill? For a $400 savings as long as it is legal, I will figure something out if there is not a side fill option, but just wondering.

Thanks again!
    Eric

Challenge Series Director FFSpecRacer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, it is not a side fill. Like you said, for the savings most of us have gone to a trunk fill. You can cover the side fill hole in the can, cut a 6x10 oval in the top (if it is not already there), then cut an opening in the trunk. For the trunk opening, I refer you to Rule 11.2. You can get a standard top fill plate from Fuel Safe or anyone that sells their stuff. A lot of us use the SF6X10B plate. Any of the 6X10 will work. You will have to do some mods to it to accept fuel level and the fuel pump electric pass through for example. Simple drilling and tapping.

Side fill bladders have to be ordered directly from Fuel Safe as far as I know.

Feel free to contact me directly if you'd like.
    Brian [email protected]
    Great Lakes & Midwest Region Series Director