Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What did you do to, about or for your coupe today?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CobraKai View Post
    Looks good Bradyman. Where did you get the sweet fuel line clips?

jeff
    Thanks Cobrakai, I made them. It really helps when you own a machine shop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradyman View Post
    Thanks Cobrakai, I made them. It really helps when you own a machine shop.

BOOO!!!! How can I copy you if you are custom making things! Not fair man.... But seriously they look good. I'm jealous.

Post Thanks / Like

2014 HB Cruise-In!

I went to the Huntington Beach Cruise-in! Yes, that there is a Spyder! I never seen one of those in person - looked awesome.

kh6wz-img_8478-row-of-roadsters.jpg

kh6wz-img_8484-spyder-2.jpg

QSL and Mrs QSL brought Scoopy and a Coupey under construction, as well as their miniature counter-parts. Sometimes visitors paid more attention to the little ones, but I am sure we will hear their story soon.

More pictures and images on my WordPress site:
    http://wayneyoshida-kh6wz.com/2014/0...ruise-in-2014/

-wayne-
    Ordered Type 65 Complete Kit Aug 29, 2012 - The 50-50 $ale!
    Standard Width IRS; Halibrands - 17x9, 17x10.5
    Kit Arrived: Oct 9, 2012; Build Started: Oct 28, 2012
    WordPress: http://wayne-yoshida-kh6wz.com/
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/waynetyoshida
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/kh6wz?feature=results_main

Post Thanks / Like
    I created a gallery of photos taken at the Harris Hill Raceway track event of the Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet.

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/album.php?albumid=842

Post Thanks / Like
    CUSTOM 66 MUSTANG DASH

Did not do all this today more like slow over the winter.

Any way I fitted a 66 mustang dash assembly and fabed a console extension to
    Replace the ffr switch panel.

The steering column was way off center at first so I sectioned the center and lengthened it 1.5in to get it-
    Symmetric to the center of the car and line up close with the column then I trimmed the ends to fit close to
    Where the doors will meet, ill extend the ends after I drop the body on and fit up the doors.

The console extension was fabricated with 1/2 square tube and 1/2 round tube to create a smooth edge, some
    1/8x1 steel strips and sheet stock. The 1/8x1 will be used to mount my switch panel and a 7in android tablet.

I then pulled the dash out and made a clay plug for a 3 gauge cluster to cover over the mustang radio hole.
    Waxed the front with carnuba wax and glassed a mold for the gauge area. After the resin cured I marked the edges of the mold and drilled 6 1/8 holes for rivets to clamp the mold onto the dash. After removing the mold i cut thru the dash leaving about an inch around the mold edge. I then waxed the mold and riveted it back onto the dash. I flipped the dash over and mixed up some spotting putty and used it like a thin surface coat on the mold from the back, after that setup I backed that up with glass and resin.

Here are a few pics of my results so far, it's just tacked up right now but will be fully welded in later.
    The biggest challenge was making enough space for the vintage air setup and getting the steering column to line up even close.

011.JPG

010.JPG

009.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HCP 65 COUPE; 06-05-2014 at 03:29 PM. Reason: PICS UPSIDE DOWN

Post Thanks / Like
    I washed the exterior and cleaned the interior. Then I took the coupe to the local Mustang and Nocal SCCA annual car show in San Jose. I would guess about 200 Mustangs and Cobras...2 originals.

My Coupe was entered in class 34 - CSX4000 and later Cobras and Cobra Tribute cars. I took first place in class!!!!.....oh yeah, there were only three cars in the class...the other two were very nice FFR roadsters.

Chris
    If it's too LOUD....you're too OLD!!

Build Site >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/51103049@N00/collections/

FFR#0441CP Complete Coupe kit, IRS, T-5, 392ci 351W, Webers, Delivered 4/29/09

Post Thanks / Like

Deer strike.

1-DSC01114.JPG1-DSC01104.JPGWell, last night around ten pm I was returning from a car show in Kerrville, Texas. I hit a deer at 70 mph. I lost all the lights on the passenger side, but after inspecting the damage at a gas station, I motored the remaining 47 miles to my house. Deer hair and feces all along the right side. Very little blood. I was wearing the racing harness. No damage to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeeowch!

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear that. I have hit 2 deer over the years with cars. Not a good thing. Glad you are OK.

Post Thanks / Like
    Finaly started wiring the megasquirt and main power I also moved my battery and installed the starter but we wont go there.

After I get all of the wires cramed in Ill tidy every thing up looks like a total mess under the dash right now.

BATTERY BOX AND WIRING 003.JPG

BATTERY BOX AND WIRING 004.JPG

BATTERY BOX AND WIRING 006.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Austexican
    How the heck does one go about repairing that?
    Bill

Coupe #421, Picked Up 11/15/08, started 1/1/09 - Rebuilt mildly massaged 302, T5, 3 Link, and Loads of Extras

Post Thanks / Like

Deer-stricken coupe

Quote Originally Posted by loeffler1 View Post
    Austexican
    How the heck does one go about repairing that?
    My best guess is that you start with a new nose piece available from Factory Five at $2500 and you prep and paint. I'm happy that the car sustained no known damage to the radiator or frame and that the fiberglass held together sufficiently well that I was able to travel the 47 miles from impact location to garage. I'm still waiting for an insurance adjuster to make an appearance at my home. I'll let you folks know what I learn. The Texas Cobra Club guys here in Austin have been supportive with recommendations for shops that provide quality paint and body services. Wish me luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Luck !!

Post Thanks / Like
    HCP 65 Coupe

In that 1st photo, new kind of wipers or fancy windshield washers? LOL. Hey, nice battery install!
    Bill

Coupe #421, Picked Up 11/15/08, started 1/1/09 - Rebuilt mildly massaged 302, T5, 3 Link, and Loads of Extras

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea pretty handy little tool makes butt soldering wires easy in tight places

Post Thanks / Like
    I placed an order with FFR for a new nose, mounting hardware, headlight assembly, and lexan headlight covers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dropped my engine and transmission in today, if I ever get my Halibrand wheels ordered six months ago from FFR maybe I'll get to drive it soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    My new nose arrived. I dropped the BRE mirrors off at the shop along with Fluge's photo book marked to specific pages for installation and mod details. That book is a very useful item to have!

Post Thanks / Like
    I Finished re-installing my transmisssion and got the car to turn over properly, I even have oil pressure glad thats over with. First start is in my sights.

Post Thanks / Like
    This week I got first start accomplished and started the long ITB tuning process, getting them all balanced has been quite alot of fun. Every thing is going as expected so far,
    except I have a small oil leak coming from behind the Harmonic Balancer should only take a couple hours to install a new seal, Im not sure why the old/new seal is leaking
    but Im still all .

Post Thanks / Like
    I installed my new shroud and fan's today and man it fits perfect. I only had to drill 2 new holes in the top lip of the rad, the bottom holes lined up.
    Its fairly inexpensive and flows almost 1900cfm.

The quality of the shroud is top notch the aluminum is 3mm thick and super heavy duty. The dual fans are even less noisy than the FFR supplied one.

The part even has a lifetime warrenty

Here is a link to the part from summit

[URL="http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mio-mmfs-rx-ls"]

Its meant for a ls swamp into a mazda rx7

MISHIMOTO FAN SETUP 001.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice setup. I will file this away in case the FFR one fails

Post Thanks / Like
    ....I did the same....file it away. Looks nice though.

Would have done this from the get go if I had seen it before my build.

I haven't had any issues with the FFR fan though...heating issues addressed with thermostat change.

Marc
    It's just A Matter Of Time

Marc

FFR Coupe 434, 347ci, Power Brakes, SAI Mod, 3 link rear

Post Thanks / Like
    I did this cause I wanted to add a shroud to the FFR fan cause the temp was slowly rising when sitting still.
    It was about 85deg outside without the A/C on.
    Before I ordered the shroud from breeze that Fluge modified and used I thought I would look for something from summit and just got super lucky.
    I hope it helps others I'll repost if it develops any issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Finished mounting all the exterior parts prior to paint. This has definitely been the most trying part of the build. Just when you think you are done you find another pinhole in the gelcoat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking Good!

Post Thanks / Like
    Took my side pipes off to install the body mount screws. One of those jobs that look quick and easy. 2 hours later they are in. Now those would be helpfull cut outs to come from the factory.
    Figured the approximate area to drill, then drilled with a small drill size to locate the mount hole. Then drilled out the actual size when I saw which way to drill.
    Hardest one is the drivers side most forward one as the footbox aluminum is right against the mounting tab. Had to bend out the tab to get the clamp nut on there. Then tapped it back in place with a punch.

I modified the dash bracing to allow for the gauges to be raised. Now that I'm using the marine wipers I need to modify the modification in order to make room on the drivers side.
    Every mod challenges your abilities to think out of the box. There's something to say for staying stock! LOL

John
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John Dol View Post
    Took my side pipes off to install the body mount screws. One of those jobs that look quick and easy. 2 hours later they are in. Now those would be helpfull cut outs to come from the factory.
    Figured the approximate area to drill, then drilled with a small drill size to locate the mount hole. Then drilled out the actual size when I saw which way to drill.
    Hardest one is the drivers side most forward one as the footbox aluminum is right against the mounting tab. Had to bend out the tab to get the clamp nut on there. Then tapped it back in place with a punch.

I modified the dash bracing to allow for the gauges to be raised. Now that I'm using the marine wipers I need to modify the modification in order to make room on the drivers side.
    Every mod challenges your abilities to think out of the box. There's something to say for staying stock! LOL

John
    I keep telling myself if it was easy anyone could build one. LOL. Keep up the good work.

Post Thanks / Like

Big Bend Open Road Race

I submitted my forms to participate in the GT-1 class of the Big Bend Open Road Race that takes place in April. This will be my rookie year. In my class, the goal is to achieve a precise 115 mph average for the 59 miles from Fort Stockton to Sanderson, Texas on the Mexico border and the same on the return leg. I will be participating as a newly fledged member of the Cobra Team. I met some of the team members last March at the Spring Meet of the Texas Cobra Club which was organized by my Austin chapter. Y'all need to come on down for some fun in the Texas sun!

Post Thanks / Like
    @HCP 65 Coupe, Would you be able to make us a cam sensor like the one above for our BBF? This is for a project car we are converting to coil-near-plug...1400HP Kaase Boss Nine with twin ProChargers.
    image1.JPG
    Last edited by bossnyn; 07-21-2015 at 04:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    @HCP 65 Coupe, we are looking for a cam sensor like the one you have shown above for our project car...a 1400HP Kaase Boss Nine with twin ProChargers. Is that part available for a BBF? If so can you contact me with more info?image1.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Bossnyn I only made the one for the small block 351w But it can be made fairly simple out of an old distributor and hall sensor and a little welding check out DIY auto tune and mega squirts sites there is some info there. Another option is AEM, they make cam driven pucks for alot of differant engines not sure about the BBF tho.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's been a while since I posted here figured I would share some of my progress.

I finished my cold air Intake its not exactly what I had intended from the start but will be fine for now I would like to add sheet aluminum to box in the air filter but will maybe do that some other time.

I also started changing over to a hydraulic clutch setup. I didn't really like what was out there so I made my own. Its not finished yet but hopefully it will work right.

Here is a link to the slave I'm using http://www.colemanracing.com/Slave-C...ype-P4587.aspx

Here are couple pics.

newish pics 008.JPG I machined the bracket from a Block of 6061-T6

newish pics 012.JPG The intake tube has a ford MAF built right into it.
    Last edited by HCP 65 COUPE; 08-19-2015 at 06:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice mods! Car is coming along nicely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thx Wallace going slower than I would like but she's almost ready to go To paint just need to finish up the dash and fit up the elephant ears Rear glass and fit the headlight buckets. Also finish the hydraulic clutch setup. And a few other lose ends.

On another note are most people fitting the front wheel wheels/splash guards before paint or after and how are you guys attaching the upper portion to the hood fiberglass resin?

What are you guys leaving for after paint or for the painter to do? The manul leaves this stuff kinda wide open.
    Last edited by HCP 65 COUPE; 08-20-2015 at 07:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    nice machine work HCP!

I am putting on the splash guards before paint. I'm making metal mounting strips that will be glassed on, but mine are a little more un conventional since I added structural rails between the fire wall and the front uprights.

Also trying to mount pretty much everything external before paint so I don't have to drill in fresh paint later.

John
    Last edited by John Dol; 08-20-2015 at 08:01 PM.
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    I mounted the front inner wheel well splash shield with 2 S/S button head screws in the radiator exhaust area. I drilled all my holes and mounted every thing before paint and then took it all apart for paint. Lots of body work done before removing body from frame though. My car took a ton of work in the passenger hood area to be correct. See my build thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    I too will have to heavily modify the hood on the passenger side it's high about 3/8-1/2 in the cowl area the pontoon hits the hood way early seems like that is common with the gen2 body although I'm not entirely sure it's just the body I think the frame is slightly off where the body sits in the passenger door sill. I wish ff would scan the driver side and make a true mirror image body with a cnc machined body plug. It would make the body fit so much better but from what I hear the gen2
    Body is tons better than the gen 1.
    Last edited by HCP 65 COUPE; 08-21-2015 at 09:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Finished my push rod and mounted my Clutch Slave. Now all I have to do is setup the master and plumb it.

The push rod is a SS 5/16-24 extension nut and a 5/8 SS ball bearing welded to the nut.

Here are some pics from under the car.

Clutch Slave Pics 001.JPG

Clutch Slave Pics 002.JPG

Clutch Slave Pics 003.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thought I would lurk here for a bit. I got my personalized tags for the coupe. I never had them before, but thought the coupe was worthy.

Rob

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast