Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: roadster seat installation

Post Thanks / Like

roadster seat installation

OK, so I had installed the drivers seat awhile back. Used a seat track so that the boss could drive it if she chose to. I'm now getting around to the passenger side, and I have a question regarding location of the bolts if not using a seat track. It would obviously be easier to not have to drill and tap into the 4" tube, like I had to on the DS, but that would put two of the bolts more towards the midline of the seat to avoid the 4" tube and the fuel lines running on the side of it. The instructions in the paperweight, I mean the assembly instructions, are so vague that they don't even give you an idea where to place the bolts in a stationary mount. Do you guys think that having two of the bolts favoring the mid-line of the seat frame would be a problem? I'm figuring that if there are four solidly placed bolts, with a reasonable spread of their locations, the seat should not have any additional stresses on it. Any input is appreciated.
    Rick

Mk4 with Mr. Bruce FIA body, 331 w/ Speedmaster Stack Injection, Full Width Roll Bar with high brake lights by i.e.427, IRS, ABS, PS, PB, FAST FI, First start 3/30/20, First go-kart 7/5/20, paint by Ken Pike

Post Thanks / Like
    I put my bolts outboard of the 4" tubes. Two of them go through the 2" square tube and two go through the floor plate. Just be careful of where you drill. Your brake lines are probably on the outboard side of the DS 4" tube and your fuel lines are outboard of the 4" PS tubes.
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Al. I was just concerned that having all four bolts outboard of the 4" tube would weaken the strength of the mount, but wasn't sure that would be an issue with how solid the connection would be with two bolts into the 2x2 tube, and two through the solid floor plate. I'll proceed with the install tomorrow.
    Rick

Mk4 with Mr. Bruce FIA body, 331 w/ Speedmaster Stack Injection, Full Width Roll Bar with high brake lights by i.e.427, IRS, ABS, PS, PB, FAST FI, First start 3/30/20, First go-kart 7/5/20, paint by Ken Pike

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Rick. Off topic, but I see you are using the Speedmaster stack with Fast Efi. I am planning the same for my 352 stroker. Currently on vacation in Florida and working on ordering the sensors needed to complete the setup. Planning on going with what Speedmaster recommends, but I'd like to hear what you have gone with, and any other useful info you may have with regards to the setup/ installation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oystein, Although I've been working on this build for the last seven years, I still have not gotten to a first start. The only additional components that I remember having to purchase were the FAST remote idle air control motor (FST-307016), the harness for the same (FST-308032), a coolant temperature sensor, and one other sensor that at the moment I can't remember. I can't find my notes, but if I do, I'll PM you with the details on the last two. You can get both of them at most car parts. If I'm not mistaken you will also need an adapter to connect to the MAP sensor. My kit from FAST also did not come with a fuel pressure regulator, so I needed to purchase one of those.
    Just as a note, if you read these boards, you'll notice that there hasn't been a whole lot written about the FAST 2.0 that is good. The more custom programable version of FAST, (I can't think of what it is called), is spoken about more positively. Fitech and Holley seem to be the EFI systems of choice. You might want to do a search to get more info to compare the systems to see what will work for your system. Truthfully, as I get closer to my first start, hopefully by the end of the year, I'm having some anxiety about the EFI system. I do know that Speedmaster has built an FFR coupe that they used the 2.0 on with stacks, so I hope to use them as a resource once I get there.
    Best of luck with your build.
    Rick

Post Thanks / Like
    Well then you’re not to far ahead of me then. Just ordered the sensor kit from speed master, and injectors from autozone. Hopefully I’ll have the engine running early 2020. I already purchased the Fast EZ Efi 2.0 as a package with the throttle body, so that’s what I’ll go with. Will be installing the Forte mechanical throttle linkage as well, hopefully the rod is long enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you planning to use stacks? FAST EZ EFI 2.0 doesn't seem to work with stacks - you need to get another FAST system. I think it is the XFI Sportsman. I was told that FAST said EZ EFI 2.0 is the wrong computer for a stack system because it isn't really tunable like the Sportsman. I have the FAST EZ EFI 2.0 (no stack system), and my dyno guy couldn't tune it because there aren't many user-accessible tuning parameters. He even called his contact at FAST to confirm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine is stack injection. It came as a package from Speedmaster, because that's what they had been using for their stack system. The parameters on the setup do include options for the stack system. Of course we'll see what happens once I get to first start. At that point it may be a situation of "Start again..."
    Rick

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine came as a package as well. There are carb style and multi port versions of the FAST ez efi 2.0 system. I'd assume the multi port version that I have would work well, but then, time will show. I'll be installing all the recommended doodads, such as an idle air control valve and vacuum canister. I am pragmatic about it. If if works, super cool. If not, well then I have a fancy paperweight...