BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fuel Leak

Post Thanks / Like

Fuel Leak

Hey gang: I just filled my recently completed coupe up with gas for the first time. I have been filling it with five gallons at a time from a gas can. Anyway...I have a huge fuel leak from somewhere on top of the fuel tank. I am surprised because I did the same procedure as I did on my Cobra and had no issues.

Me concern is that the body wraps around and under the protective tray and tank (I have the stock Mustang tank that comes with the complete kit. Has anyone removed this tank without taking the body off. I really don't want to remove the body and damage my 6 month old paint job.

Any advice would be helpful

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    You should be able to service the sender/pickup units from the top by taking a rear wheel off. No need to pull the tank, IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    I cut an access panel in the trunk to reach the top of the tank. I have already used it to change the pump. Are you sure it isn't the seal around the fill tube

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Gang:

It turned out to be a bad gasket on the sending unit pickup. Able to fix it without dropping the tank. If I have any more issues in this area I will cut an access panel as you guys suggested.

Thanks
    Jerry