Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Mendeola Transmission Update

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mendeola Transmission Update

I would like to be posting here news that our new Mendeola Transmission is shipping. Our original lead time estimate was for these all-new transmissions to be shipping this month.

The good news is that despite the delays, the transmissions are being made and I wanted to take a moment to explain this delay and give you revised estimates on delivery. Last week, Jesper Ingerslev, Director of Engineering, traveled from New England to Mendeola's San Diego facility (photos below). Based on his visit, we have a better idea of delivery times. Also, because of the changes in lead times, we have modified our online parts catalog to reflect the new delivery dates for people ordering from here forward.

Based on the very best information, new transmissions will ship in mid to late May of this year. That is twice the lead time that we originally estimated and I am very sorry for this. All customer orders have been safely deposited in a dedicated escrow account and anyone who is unhappy with the delay can have a full refund. Thanks for your patience and I look forward to seeing this long and challenging project come to a great ending.

Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Smith View Post
    That is twice the lead time that we originally estimated and I am very sorry for this. All customer orders have been safely deposited in a dedicated escrow account and anyone who is unhappy with the delay can have a full refund.
    I call dibs on a $7500 tranny if someone backs out!!!
    Maybe Dave will extend the $7500 deal???
    Last edited by beeman; 03-09-2011 at 01:03 PM.
    MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor. ABS, PS, TC.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3
    2000 C5 Lingenfelter LS1@489hp
    1999 Corvette FRC/Z06 track car

Post Thanks / Like
    As I have said before, a transaxle of this type is not an, "off the shelf, one size fits all" kind of thing and it is quite possibly the most complex part of the car. Only possibly second to the engine. Wonder how long of a lead time would be adequate for 15 semi custom engines to be built? Anyway, point is, this is THE solution to the transaxle problem. They ARE being built, and the price is still so low that, really, I don't know how Mendeola is doing it!

Be patient, and I'm sure everyone will be pleased with the final product.

BTW- I don't work for Mendeola, but I am a happy customer that has been using their products for over ten years now.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Beeman, since I count over 60 cases sitting there, I think you will have plenty of opportunity to get in on the next batch.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Dave for the update. I'm one of the first 15 who ordered the Transaxle and more than willing to wait... well worth it.
    On another topic, I appreciate the effort in regards to the Gen II diffuser and anxiously awaiting to hear the outcome.
    Thanks for communicating with us, that's what makes FFR so great!

Conrad

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave thanks for the update. After waiting for over a year for a new transaxle to come out I can wait untill they ship.
    one of the first 15
    Leonard

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave...I really appreciate FFR starting a forum and using it to communicate. Any news, good or bad, is always better than none at all. Plus I like the fact that your technical people are monitoring this forum and are quick with help when someone is stuck on something.

I can live with mid to late May. If it takes me as long to get other stuff done as it took me to get the A/C evaporator in I just might be ready for the transaxle by late May...of 2012!

Post Thanks / Like

Diffuser

Dave, Is FFR going to be making a new diffuser that will fit with the Mendeola transmission?

Post Thanks / Like
    (for those of us who havn't been following the development) how much hp/tq can it support?
    FFR cobra
    RCR Superlite
    RCR 917
    04 Cobra/Z06/Diablo/bunch of other junk

Post Thanks / Like
    With a little searching I found that it will handle 475 ft lbs torque (warrenty 400 ft lbs) and 525 HP (warrenty 450 HP). Is this still the current numbers?

If I am a little over that HP (600HP), I guess I may have to look to another higher HP transmission from Mendeola. Or is/will there be an option to order a higher HP rated Trans from FFR?

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The guys are working on the tech post on installing the diffuser on the Gen 2. It's on the car and we should have the post up today or tomorrow. The fitment with the mendeola is mentioned as well.

The OFFICIAL warranty from Mike at Mendeola is 400/450 but anyone who knows these guys and the way they build parts knows the box is good for alot more than that. One variable that people seems to overlook is tires. Slicks and 25 hour raodraces have a way of killing transmissions...

More shortly
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Smith View Post
    Slicks and 25 hour raodraces have a way of killing transmissions...
    Although, I would like to note, that we ran our S5 Mendeola transaxle for a total of over 70 hours without issues and only one service at the ~35 hour mark. We had hoped to stress test the box for a ccontinuous 25 hours with race tires, but, alas, only got in 7 hours before being knocked out of the event due to crash damage. The Mendeola transaxle worked FLAWLESSLY, really, the entire season.

This is gonna be a great transaxle for the GTM community!
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts