Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: FFR Invitational at MidOhio Aug 23-25, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

FFR Invitational at MidOhio Aug 23-25, 2013

Hi all,

FFR Challenge series competitors want to send a warm invite to all FFR owners in and around MidOhio Sports Car Course (Mansfield/Lexington, OH) to spectate, and even participate in the National Auto Sport Association's Great Lakes region event at MidOhio August 23-25, 2013.

After a long days racing at VIR in March, we got to talking over dinner about how great it would be to have a bunch of FFR cars (Coups, Roadsters, GTM, Hotrods, 818R, Challenge cars spec legal and non-spec legal) on track, all racing for fun! Then we got to thinking why not make a bigger event and invite fellow street FFR's to come join in the fun and experience the great atmosphere and camaraderie we all enjoy at each race event.

So here are the official invites to the first ever FFR Invitational:

To all racers, we cordially invite you to come to MidOhio Aug 23-25 for some fun races with us Saturday and Sunday Aug 24-25, (optional test day Fri Aug 23). Racers must hold a competition license and their cars must be able to pass NASA race tech. We would love to see all makes of FFR's on track racing wheel-to-wheel with the fastest FFR overall winning a very fancy and unique plastic trophy

To all spectators, come watch FFR's driving flat out on a world famous and very scenic racetrack, MidOhio, Saturday and Sunday Aug 24-25, 2013, experience the pits where racers fine-tune their machinery, eat some great track food, and listen to competitors race stories.

Please RSVP so we know how many people to expect, you can come for the day or stay the whole weekend as camping is allowed. Looking forward to seeing everyone in August.

Links to more info:
    NASA Great Lakes MidOhio Event Page and link to register for event - http://nasagreatlakes.com/season/?pa...&eventid=25725
    MidOhio Racetrack - http://www.midohio.com
    NASA Pro Racing - http://nasaproracing.com/
    ***SOLD!!! - NASA ST2 FFR#48 Gen3 Type65 Coupe R, Street legal.***
    ***SOLD!!! - NASA ST2 FFR#48 Challenge Car rolling chassis, Street legal.***
    http://johngeorgeracing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey John,

As far as I know there is only one complete GTM in the USA that could qualify for a NASA racing event. You know the team PDG guys.

I for one am hoping to change the cage requirement in order to qualify the GTM for NASA sanconed events. I have a proposal for them, but untill approved its HPDE only for the GTM crew.

I was hoping that the challenge series would show up at NJMP this year.

John
    Last edited by kabacj; 05-06-2013 at 04:14 PM.
    XTF #2
    build start date June 19 2023

GTM # 344
    Build Start December 2010
    First track day April 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe we are going to be in Salt Lake City two weeks before this date for the 6 hour enduro. I don't think Richard will want to drive to Ohio for this event, but you never know. It would be cool to run Mid Ohio with the PDG GTM. We also talked about leaving the car at MMP and coming back in three weeks and running the NASA Nationals. That would be cool, and a first time for PDG, but we get grouped with the little sports racers so it would be pretty hard to podium with that competition. Not that we won't race where we can't win easily, but we also think it is just down right dangerous to be running our much bigger, heavier car in the track with these light weight, open cockpit cars. It is something we talk about all the time, and I am acutely aware of when running the endurance races. Sprint races are much more "hyper" with people jockeying for positions. I'm sure Richard and I will talk about it. JG, are you going to the Nationals?
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    ...We also talked about leaving the car at MMP and coming back in three weeks and running the NASA Nationals...
    My work shop is 6 hours north of Salt Lake. I'm just west of Boise. You are welcome to work on or store your car for the three weeks.
    Just an old man with a great hobby

Post Thanks / Like
    5 FFR's registered so far, 1 month away, anyone else coming?
    ***SOLD!!! - NASA ST2 FFR#48 Gen3 Type65 Coupe R, Street legal.***
    ***SOLD!!! - NASA ST2 FFR#48 Challenge Car rolling chassis, Street legal.***
    http://johngeorgeracing.com