Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Anyone title a 33 in Florida after building?

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone title a 33 in Florida after building?

Has anyone gone through the process to apply for title on a 33 after you built it in Florida? I would like to ask some questions.

Post Thanks / Like
    You done yet TW???

Post Thanks / Like
    I am within 3 weeks of done. Car will be done from paint shop in a week or so. I just have a few questions about what all I need on the car for inspection for title.

Post Thanks / Like
    sounds good! you flew by this build, cant wait to see what you do with your 818!

Post Thanks / Like
    I got my Fl title before the car was 1/4 complete. I followed a post by "Mustang Man" on the other foreum.,
    pm me with an email address ane I will send you a scan of his procedure. It worked great the only thing they did not like was the weight of 850 on the COO. FFR sent me annew COO.

Ted

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I went directly to the regional Florida state office that does the inspection of Kit cars in Ocala Florida. The 33 is a kit car not a replica. Even though it says 33 replica on the COO. You must have the title to the donor car. List the 3 donor parts, engine, trans and rear. Have the ID #s for the engine and trans visible or photos. You must have your sales order from FFR. A certified weight slip and fill out 2 state of florida forms. You send in the originals of these papers, plus $40.00. (Make copies just in case) They look over everything and if it OK they make an appointment for inspection. You then can apply for a temp tag if you want to drive it there or trailer it. They only inspect the 3 major parts and the vin # of the COO. There is no safety inspection of lights, wipers, brakes or anything. The road worthyness is up to you. The lights and safety items are between you and the police. If all inspects OK they then issue a regular plate if you have insurance. I just thought I would pass this on to anyone doing this in the future from florida.
    Last edited by wallace18; 05-14-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Is the need for a donor car for registration common? I do not have a donor car. I am getting needed parts from OEM suppliers. I am registering the car in Oregon. Anyone have experience registering an Oregon car?

EFI Rules and Carbs Drool Arrowhead's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wallace18 View Post
    Well I went directly to the regional Florida state office that does the inspection of Kit cars in Ocala Florida. The 33 is a kit car not a replica. Even though it says 33 replica on the COO. You must have the title to the donor car. List the 3 donor parts, engine, trans and rear. Have the ID #s for the engine and trans visible or photos. You must have your sales order from FFR. A certified weight slip and fill out 2 state of florida forms. You send in the originals of these papers, plus $40.00. (Make copies just in case) They look over everything and if it OK they make an appointment for inspection. You then can apply for a temp tag if you want to drive it there or trailer it. They only inspect the 3 major parts and the vin # of the COO. There is no safety inspection of lights, wipers, brakes or anything. The road worthyness is up to you. The lights and safety items are between you and the police. If all inspects OK they then issue a regular plate if you have insurance. I just thought I would pass this on to anyone doing this in the future from florida.
    Wow, so much for those "registering in FL is a breeze, walked out with plates in 10 minutes" stories I've always heard. The process you describe is vary similar to NY believe it or not.

EFI Rules and Carbs Drool Arrowhead's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    rcotner:

Your wise to weed though the process now, before you go and find out "oops, I need what?" I would call your Motor Vehicle and get the information first hand. As long as you have the receipts for the suppliers, you should be ok - BUT I would confirm that with them also.

This might help:

http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/DMV/pages...nstructed.aspx

http://www.odot.state.or.us/forms/dmv/6511.pdf
    Last edited by Arrowhead; 11-13-2013 at 08:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the advice Arrowhead.