Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: FFR 818 Gen 2

Post Thanks / Like

FFR 818 Gen 2

I had eluded to this in another thread maybe a year or so ago, but finally noticed Dave say "818 Gen 2". I have not seen this nomenclature elsewhere and was curious if there would be some sort of improvement list or gen 1-2 comparison information available. Right now the only info seems to be from the end users posting about various changes to the tank, pedal box area, etc. Not only would this help with marketing, but for someone interested in buying a second-hand Gen 1 kit vs a new Gen 2 it would be very helpful. Thanks!
    FFR Build Status: Reset button hit
    '03 Subaru Impreza eSi RHD...because Japan

Post Thanks / Like
    I think he is referring to the new nose that us now standard addition as well as the changes in the tank and a few other modifications. I don't think they really did a revamp for a V2 more like minor updates here and there and the major update was really just coming up with the new nose and hardtop option

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, that is what I figured. Was just hoping for someone to weigh in from FFR. At least I'll be at Hyperfest to see if I can get some more details.

Post Thanks / Like
    In Dave's Huntington Beach recap, that was my white coupe checking in with the caption "818 Gen 2". I had never heard the 818 Gen 2 term before, but my car is an early 818S (frame #25) plus the hard top and the new front. So, maybe the hard top and new front make it a "Gen 2". Or, I've got a "Gen 2 Clone"? Whatever, I'm having lots of fun in the garage and on the road. BTW, 850 miles round trip to H.B. with no hiccups at all with most miles on cruise control at 80mph with average 25.5 mpg.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for weighing in, I've enjoyed following your build!