View Full Version : Fuel Tank Grommet

06-04-2018, 08:51 AM
I ruined the fuel tank grommet on my 289 FIA complete kit this weekend. I am assuming they are a standard and readily available part? Do I simply order a fuel neck filler grommet for the fox body Mustang? If so what year? Does anyone have a part number or source?

Thanks, Joel

06-04-2018, 09:01 AM
It depends on the year of your fuel tank, but they are widely available.

OEM Ford parts seem to be best.


06-04-2018, 09:09 AM
I have no clue of the year of my tank. Is there anyway to determine? Probably best just to take the piece to my local AP and match it.

Jeff Kleiner
06-04-2018, 09:17 AM
FFR supplies Fox body (pre 1994) tanks with the complete kits. I doubt you'll find it at most parts stores. Either Ford dealer or better yet Mark at Breeze!



06-04-2018, 09:49 AM
It's Ford part number F4ZZ-9072-DA. Of course Mark is a great source. It's what he supplies. Wherever you get it, make sure to get the genuine Ford piece. It's better quality than other non-Ford parts I've seen, including what comes in the kit.