PDA

View Full Version : Roadster- Mounting spindle to the lower control arm

kielhoff
08-30-2011, 09:19 PM
I'm having some minor trouble and wanted to see if anyone else has seen this. The spindle seems to seat fine on the control arm but the spacer provided seems to be only about 1/2 as thick as it should be to enable castle nut slots to line up with cotter pin hole in shaft. Am I missing something?

- PROBLEM SOLVED. MISSING SPACERS HAVE SURFACED!

SirAustin
10-03-2011, 10:49 PM
I am having some issues with the same thing. What spacers did you come up with? I am using the ones that came with my kit but having issues on only one side?

riptide motorsport
10-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Find a taller castle nut, or get a taller spacer....You'll be fine . HTH. Steven

chrisarella
01-25-2012, 01:42 AM
I have the complete kit and just ran into a snag myself... I noticed the upper ball joint is a different size from the lower, but the 4 supplied castle nuts are all the same size ID and height, so they won't fit the lowers at all. Am I missing something here? Do I need to just go buy new castle nuts or am I just not seeing them in my kit?

AC Bill
01-25-2012, 11:06 AM
I understand that the newer MKIV complete kits come with tie rod ends that actually use Nylock nuts, but perhaps you have the older rod ends that still use a castle nut? That may explain why you have the wrong size ones for your ball joints.

It could also be a case of FFR simply packing the wrong size nuts, or perhaps wrong ball joints..:confused: May be just as simple/faster, to go to a parts store, and get the correct size ones.

chrisarella
01-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Looking at the picture in the manual on page 44, I can clearly see the castle nut on the bottom ball joint is bigger/taller than the top. I have 4 castle nuts that are all the same size and only fit the top. If I were to go buy the bottom castle nut (without disassembling the arms) what would I ask for at a parts store?

AC Bill
01-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Good question..do FFR still supply the Mopar type ball joints in the kit?? I believe they used the Moog brand, so you might purchase a couple of sizes for them, and just take back the ones you don't use.