Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Summer Run 11

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Summer Run 11

11th Annual Summer Run in Lake George, NY, July 11, 12 and 13, 2013

Hotel info:

The run will be held at the Fort William Henry in Lake George NY. We have a room block under SUMMER RUN. If you call please ask for Roberta to get the blocked rate. Phone# 800-234-0267 9-5 Monday-Friday

Lake George Hotels: Adirondack Lake George Resort Offers Classic Accommodations Near Exciting Attractions In Lake George

This is a very busy resort town in the summer. Please don't think that you will be able to just show up friday and get a room (it wont happen) Don't wait untill the last minute for your reservation or you will get shut out.

Thanks and hope to see you there. It really is a low key event with great people, scenery, cars and itinerary.

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    All booked, we will arrive Friday afternoon.

This is one of the best events of the year. We can't wait to see everyone again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just once I'd like to attend this... won't be this year unfortunately.
    FFR4784CP - The first coupe with a "Falk'n Bubble"
    http://www.replicapromotions.com

Saleen - Power in the hands of a fool!

MK2 builder/owner/driver Carl Johnson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its only a week away, this is a good time folks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to thank everyone who helped out Friday afternoon with my engine misfire problem. A special thanks to Kevin who went on a parts search for a new distributor cap and rotor and to his wonderful wife Leigh and daughter Ashley for their gracious hospitality and transportation back to our hotel.

Then there is Henry and Steve who have helped so many of us when mechanical trouble surface, who went above and beyond the call, not only to help diagnose the problem but when we could not confirm the misfire problem went out of their way to trailer us home Saturday morning.

The car ran great 240 miles to Lake George. Check in at the hotel came back out 45 minutes later to an engine misfire. The engine is a 392 Ford Racing Create engine.
    Most everyone thought it was an ignition misfire in #2 cylinder, we swapped the plugs from # 1 to # 2 cylinder no change. Swapped plug wires, no change. We checked the cap rotor and couldn’t find a crack or carbon trail, but they were replace, no change. There are no signs of any leaks, the oil is clean, coolant ok.
    Pulled the rocker cover and checked the valve movement and they looked ok.
    Hence it must the MSD box mounted in the engine compartment. Henry had a new box which I installed today, no change.

Yesterday I did a compression test; all 175pis to 180psi except cylinder #2 which is 0psi. The first time I cranked it registered 80psi. Now each check is 0.

This morning I did a leak down test, each time I went to pressurize # 2 cylinder the engine would roll over. It held pressure.

Installed the compression tester, cranked it over and had 175/180psi in #2 cylinder for about 5 rotation of the engine then 0.

I hooked up the leak down tester again and had air out the exhaust. Pushed down on the exhaust spring and I could depress it about 1/4 of the way down.

I could rotate the valve spring and found the spring broken about a 1/4 of the way up.

Called Ford Racing and they are sending out a couple of new valve springs.

once again, Janet and I want to extend our deepest thank everyone for their help and generosity.

Picked up April 2004, completed June 2006 - Ford Racing 351-W, Bored & Stroked to 392ci, 430HP - 475ft/lbs torque. Holley 750 D.P., Tremec 3550, 3-link, FFR 15 Wheels, Color: Indo Ink Pearl with Super White stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    New # 2 valve spring installed and it's up and running.

Again ... a big thank you to Henry and Steve for all their help and generosity.
    Craig

Picked up April 2004, completed June 2006 - Ford Racing 351-W, Bored & Stroked to 392ci, 430HP - 475ft/lbs torque. Holley 750 D.P., Tremec 3550, 3-link, FFR 15 Wheels, Color: Indo Ink Pearl with Super White stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Glad to help Craig. I am TDY in PA until the 26th. I got your PM and will get back to you when I return. Also glad it was as simple as a valve spring.

Henry