Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New possibilities for GTM # 71

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

New possibilities for GTM # 71

A couple of weeks ago there was a GTM on eBay 4 hours from my house. I couldn't resist. So now I have a brunette and a red headed mistress to divide my time between. The car was originally purchased by a company that was going to build cars to sell. I guess that didn't work out so the second owner, who just finished building a Dragon, bought the kit and took it home. Then he decided he wanted to buy a house and couldn't find anyone to take the GTM as a down payment. So eBay was the solution for a quick sale.
    The chassis is a roller but there was no cleanup of the original susp pieces so its pretty ugly down there. It's been 4 years since I've been at this stage of the build and I forgot how much there is to do and how much space all the boxes and donor stuff takes up, but I managed to get it all home and squirreled away.
    I haven't decided what I will finally do with this car, but I'm real sure I won't put the work into it I did in our current car. I like doing the body and paint stuff. So I will probably start there.
    One cool thing is the red head got some brand new drilled and slotted stainless brake rotors. No more rusty rotors on the showy car.
    Attached Images Attached Images